Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2020, 02:17   #1

Endeavoar 2020. Boston To Liberty Island

Hi all.
My name is Brian Dempsey and I am the captain of the Dublin Airport Police & Fire Service Rowing Team in Ireland. We are a small charity based club which has raised over €150,000 for good causes and this year we hope to add to this total by rowing from Boston Harbour to The Statue of Liberty, passing through five U.S. states beginning on Thursday the 21st of May. We are trying to source a support boat and an inflatable/zodiac that might be willing to accompany us for at least one day of this four day event (or perhaps longer if possible). The rowing team is made up of two crews (5 officers in each) which will be rowing for an hour on/hour off basis for approximately 12 hours each day. We plan to stop each night along the way in Onset, Stonington, Fairfield and finally in Manhattan on Sunday the 24th of May. If you or anyone you know might be willing to assist us I would be very happy to hear from you. I realise that this is a significant request but as we are such a small club we rely mainly on the kind assistance of others. We will of course cover any costs involved and be more than happy to highlight such assistance on all of our media coverage which we hope will be significant in order to highlight the good work that our charities are involved in.
Many thanks indeed for your consideration.
Brian Dempsey.
The A.P.F.S. Rowing Club
email - apfsrowingclub@gmail.com
mobile - 00353876451260.
APFS Rowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 20:45   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 31
Re: Endeavoar 2020. Boston To Liberty Island

Wow, sounds like a great project! Welcome and I hope you can find someone that can help your team. Best of luck!
Old 04-03-2020, 02:07   #3

Re: Endeavoar 2020. Boston To Liberty Island

Thank you so much, it will be challenging to say the least but hopefully a willing boat owner will come forward and that will make this event possible.
Thanks again.
Brian.
The APFS Rowing Club
apfsrowingclub@gmail.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Endeavoar 2020 logo.pdf (298.5 KB, 17 views)
APFS Rowing is offline   Reply With Quote