Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2007, 15:03   #1

Boat: C-Lark 14', pending renaming
Dear Sailing: Where have you been all my life?

Hey Everyone -

I just started sailing this summer as crew on a 40' C&C during the local club races. Needless to say, I've fallen in love with it and I seriously don't know why I didn't start this sooner.

After only a few months, I took another plunge and bought a C-Lark (14', similar to the International 14'er). After I learn to handle a boat, and get much more experience, I plan on buying a liveaboard, eventually working up to a circumnavigation.

I'm also kinda-sorta working as a volunteer webmaster for the Grays Harbor Historical Seaport Authority. They run and maintain the Lady Washington, which was the Interceptor in the first Pirates movie.

Now that I've started, I can't see myself not sailing. And I don't understand why I didn't do this earlier.

Cheers, ~dave
davethegr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 15:29   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Dave,
Welcome aboard!! Wasn't the Lady Washington at the Wooden Boat Festival a couple years ago? Hope to see it again at the festival this year.
Good to have you here. We use a Flying Junior which is pretty similar to your C-Lark I think.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 15:36   #3

They probably were, they travel quite a bit. Their full schedule is here: Grays Harbor Historical Seaport Authority
Old 02-08-2007, 15:51   #4

Boat: Sceptre 41
Hello Dave:

Welcome aboard. Plan to pass thru Grey's Harbor in the second week of September. Can you recommend a good yacht club to moor for the night. We'll be heading from Neah Bay to Astoria OR. If the weather cooperates we'll be in Gray's around September 11th or 12th. Good luck with ther dreams I hope they come true for you.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 15:58   #5

I'm actually not in Grays Harbor, I live in Tacoma. So sorry, can't help with that.