It's been a busy year...
Let me see if i can recall
the updates so far...
1. Installed an isolation transformer on the main input, and fixed a bit of odd wiring
. the 50a line coming into the boat was split to two 30a connections...all normal...but then re-combined on the inside of the input to a single
to the panel. Ran a single
30a 6ga triplex to a breaker inside the main stateroom, to the iso, and then a shore/gen breaker and then to the panel.
2. Installed a really nice dometic human sized head
fwd with macerator and a 65 gal holding tank
made by jim at fiberglass
3. Replaced all 110v lines of varying sizes to outlets and both ac systems.
4. Replacing the two archaic ac systems with two new systems from flagship marine
. A 18k unit for the aft half and a 12k unit fwd. both look bullet proof and currently ready for install on my next trip, with a pump
control relay box. Also replaced the multiple ducts running to each cabin
5. Got the floor reinstalled in the galley
and fwd salon
6. Replaced the ac raw water
setup to a better flowing design.
7. Started removing sections of the teak
near the mainmast to get to the first layer of teak
to repair a void visible from inside that is about 3" around...a really efficient water
8. Started the repair of the coach roof, interior core
completely rotted away, so larry campbell at superior marine
services is expertly handling that.
9. Removed the acid soaked flooring
under the settee and replaced with marine ply.
10. Reinstalled the primary water
lines with pex and sharkbite connections...working flawlessly and love how the connections swivel taking any torque out of the lines.
Working on a bimini
setup...my original poles disappeared somewhere...
Next major project
is to remove the failed second teak deck installation
and find the original deck
to look for softspots, of which i am certain are extensive...
Also seriously contemplating an aqua drive when the engine
gets finished rebuilding.
Will take pics as soon as i get back on the boat. The army life gets demanding at times...