Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2021, 15:18   #1

Location: On the Beachs of Super Sunny Southern California USA
Send a message via ICQ to tallship Send a message via AIM to tallship Send a message via Yahoo to tallship Send a message via Skype™ to tallship
Been Lurking for years - love this resource!

For almost a decade I've been reading and lurking and ingesting much of the wisdom and also, the um.... Well, let's just focus on the practicalities that are constantly emerging in posts here.

As a Ham, along with many others here, there is a lot of valuable information on where to track down software and other resources.

As a former near coastal cruiser, this site reminds me that after almost 24 years of not having lived aboard (but up to that point having been a liveaboard for fully half my life), I'll someday return to the lifestyle that I so enjoyed before being ordered by a judge to make myself and my daughter homeless - even though my steel hermaphrodite brig was larger than most people's homes, at 102' LOA.

I wouldn't trade anything in my history for something else, and have nothing but the fondest of memories raising my daughter on my own since the day she was born, but do regret having to do so while not living aboard - it was something i wanted to give to my daughter and instill within her.

Nevertheless, this site keeps my whetted appetite front and center, and the inspiration to be once again free at the forefront of my every waking thought.

Thank you to all of the wonderful folks who contribute and share their experiences, and experience, with others in the community, and here's to another decade of relevance and worth from Cruisersforum.com

Kindest regards,
tallship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 23:43   #2

Boat: Westsail 28 and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.
Re: Been Lurking for years - love this resource!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your sincere words. Like a lot of people you have endured adversity in your life. Wishing you peace and happiness. May all your dreams be realized.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 09:30   #3

Boat: Ian Ross design ketch 63'
Re: Been Lurking for years - love this resource!

Welcome!

I always look at CF as a resource - for inspiration, for knowledge and for hands on advice on how to fix/install/replace whatever is currently breaking on my boat.

CF helped me turn my dream into an actual boat - I hope it does the same for you.