Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2012, 06:01   #1

Boat: Cooper 416
Another New Liveaboard from the PNW

Hello, from cold and snowy Seattle. My husband and I have lived aboard our 35 foot sailboat off and on for the last 20 years and steadily for the last 3 years. We have spent the last 10 years travelling the United States looking for the "Perfect Boat". We found her practially in our own back yard when we bought a Cooper416 pilot house last month. Our dream is to cruise full time as soon as I can follow him into retirement in about 4 years. I have already learned alot from the forums and anticipate learning more.
samara1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 06:56   #2

Boat: Gemini 105Mc 34'
Re: Another new Live aboard from the PNW

Welcome aboard the CF. Spring will come eventually!
Waterway Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 07:17   #3

Boat: Buccaneer 240

Welcome to CF. Congratulations on the new boat.

Scott
Morganministry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 07:18   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, samara1951.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 16:46   #5

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Another New Liveaboard from the PNW

Aloha and welcome aboard!
Good to have you here. Great place to cruise there in PNW.
kind regards,
Old 02-02-2012, 17:13   #6
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

Quote:
Originally Posted by samara1951 View Post
Hello, from cold and snowy Seattle. My husband and I have lived aboard our 35 foot sailboat off and on for the last 20 years and steadily for the last 3 years. We have spent the last 10 years travelling the United States looking for the "Perfect Boat". We found her practially in our own back yard when we bought a Cooper416 pilot house last month. Our dream is to cruise full time as soon as I can follow him into retirement in about 4 years. I have already learned alot from the forums and anticipate learning more.

Hello and welcome to CF from a fellow Ballardian! I would guess you are at Shilshole? We have lived aboard here for 15 years ourselves. Spent four years on our quest for the "perfect boat", also found her in our backyard after 3 countries and seven states, three failed surveys/sea trials, etc. etc. Previously lived aboard 36' sailboat. My wife is an RN, as are you I see from your profile. Also in to motorcycle touring, my V-Strom 1000 is in the lot in front of G. It's the silver one. Small world ain't it? We are the family with twins. Have fun and happy sailing on the Sound!
minaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 20:49   #7

We live at Ballard Mills, a quick 3 blocks from downtown. We ride Triumphs. I ride a Thunderbird and also have an America Bonneville and My Husband has a Rocket 111. We rode from Florida to Seattle this past summer and had a blast. Now if we could just figure out a way to take them sailing with us!
Old 02-02-2012, 21:34   #8
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
We live at Ballard Mills, a quick 3 blocks from downtown. We ride Triumphs. I ride a Thunderbird and also have an America Bonneville and My Husband has a Rocket 111. We rode from Florida to Seattle this past summer and had a blast. Now if we could just figure out a way to take them sailing with us!
Nice! That's such a teeny little marina, I've always liked it. Everyone knows everyone else. Have you been there long? Did you know Corbett Treece on the little ketch? I remember drinking a lot of beer at the little picnic table by the building with the heads. Some funny characters around there. Like Tony "The Tuna", the heavily tattoo'd guy. Canal dwellers can be a hoot. Where do you do your RN work? My wife went to Seattle U and has lot's of Nursy friends around town, at most hospitals she knows someone. She works downtown at the King County Jail. Nursing fun for everyone!
Old 02-02-2012, 21:47   #9

We've been there on A dock for about 6 years, and yes it's very friendly. It usually takes my Husband twice as long to do anything there because eveyone stops to talk. We do have a lot of parties in our little park. Even when it snowed we had a bonfire and Hot buttered Rum. I've worked at the University of Washington for the past 25 years. It's been a good place to work and great benefits. I work in Labor and Delivery.
Old 02-02-2012, 22:02   #10
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
We've been there on A dock for about 6 years, and yes it's very friendly. It usually takes my Husband twice as long to do anything there because eveyone stops to talk. We do have a lot of parties in our little park. Even when it snowed we had a bonfire and Hot buttered Rum. I've worked at the University of Washington for the past 25 years. It's been a good place to work and great benefits. I work in Labor and Delivery.

Ah, the UW. Our friend Kelly was in Pediatric Oncology there for some time. Our kids attend the EEU, out back of the Med Center. My Dad was a Phd alumni. I've spent a lot of time there. Again, welcome to the CF, it's good to see people from the neighborhood here. How long have you had the Cooper? Funny how sailing here leads people to pilothouse boats. Links to pics of mine under my name.

Tags
liveaboard