Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2015, 03:48   #1

Boat: NEEL 45 #1
Another Frenchman

Hi from far from the sea Reims..capital of..Champagne

i've just realized i haven t introduced myself ( as usual..as i have the bad tendency to barge in without saying hi and leave without saying bye) .. i more or less was born on a sailboat as my parents were dufour & jeanneau dealers in the 70's, my uncle was into building boats etc.. unfortunatly it never made me a very good sailor ( which i realized after about 10 years of racing) but i can't live without a sailboat...i'm currently a part owner on a sunlegend 41 ( in the med) and an old aloa 25 ( in britanny)...my house is up for sale and i 'm planning to buy a big cat ( probably L500 or salina 48) and go live aboard in corsica ( yes corsica) ...

so a lot of change in the future ( provided i can sell the house and a few flats i have in la rochellep ) in the meanwhile i try to better my english reading C&F

boris
beauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 04:11   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Another Frenchman

Hi Beauris.. Welcome to CF..
Your English reads fine..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 04:30   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54
Re: Another Frenchman

Welcome!! Your English is fine! Much better than my French!

Some of the best cruising I have ever done has been along the coasts of North and South Brittany, and Normandy, from Isles Glenan to Dunkerque. An enchanting country, full of beauty and all kinds of joys for the cruising sailor! And always enjoyed the warmest welcome from the French sailors there, too.
Dockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 04:36   #4

the boat is actually right in front of glenan island...in beg meil however after 15 years sailing in the area i suddenly found a new love for the med ( which is a bit less technical to sail) and its sudden gust of wind! ( ok and the sun , the warmth etc..)
Old 23-02-2015, 04:59   #5

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauris View Post
the boat is actually right in front of glenan island...in beg meil however after 15 years sailing in the area i suddenly found a new love for the med ( which is a bit less technical to sail) and its sudden gust of wind! ( ok and the sun , the warmth etc..)
Isles Glenan are magical! What a place! Almost like a bit of the Caribbean, completely out of place

My migration has been opposite to yours -- did a lot of sailing in the Med before discovering the European Atlantic coasts --- yes, much more "technical" sailing, much better wind, much less crowded. Not as warm . Although I suspect that up here it is warmer in the depth of winter, than it is in much of the Med. As a result of the Gulf Stream. The February has been colder than usual, but still many days reaching 10C, and sunshine.

My latest discovery has been the Baltic -- absolutely marvelous. I am going back there in May to spend the summer, like last year.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy the forum.
Dockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 06:53   #6

the baltic is terra incognita for me however i've thought about it ( did not go farther than that though)...

what i like about the med is that where i sail ( around corsica, a bit sardaigna and the hyere-st raphael area) its more or less a bathtub...no hidden rock, very little current, no tide...real vacations!!! the only thing is pretty sudden and strong winds but thats why the boat is a 41 footer instead of my old 25 in britanny
Old 23-02-2015, 06:56   #7

Boat: Cape Dory 31

Welcome. Your English is fine. You have big plans.
Orion Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 08:31   #8

Another Frenchman

big plans i'm not sure but i'm a believer in my own motto ( devise) : " au plus pres de l'horizon" which roughly translate as " closer to the horizon" and in changing one's life every 10/15 years...then after that there are two options..either it works out as planned or it doesn't..in which case i'll change plans...i did the architect/ designer ultramodern house now i'm looking for something simpler and a bit less expensive

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
enc