Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average. Display Modes
Old 15-01-2020, 23:43   #8176

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Re: The New Joke Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
No, he’s not out $100.

It helps to think of his initial NET position. He owed $100, but he was also owed $100. So his net position was zero.

Which is exactly where he ended up.

And the visitor was not like the government at all. The visitor actually played the part of the banks, introducing liquidity into the financial equation.

Which is why governments get VERY anxious when banks get into trouble, because without the liquidity they supply, economies lock up and end up sitting on their own hands.

I’ve got to stop having lunch with economists.
He never received the $100! he was bypassed.
Old 16-01-2020, 01:06   #8177

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarrey View Post
He never received the $100! he was bypassed.

Stop thinking of that and go back to the net position at the start and end, then you’ll see what I mean.

Trust me, he is no better or worse off, and since the guy didn’t stay the night at the hotel, he’s not owed anything for that either.

I think this parable is actually used in one form or another in first year economics lectures to help the students understand the effect of credit markets.
Old 16-01-2020, 01:42   #8178
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

And no longer funny once dissected
Old 16-01-2020, 01:51   #8179

I don’t remember if I posted this before but thought it worth while......

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BB5123C1-6AD4-483C-9AD9-165ACB221398.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	407.7 KB
ID:	207028  
Old 16-01-2020, 03:45   #8180
cruiser

Boat: Merlin

Young nun goes rushing into Mother Superiors office and exclaims 'Mother quick, I have been raped by he gardener, what shall I do?
Mother replies, "go to the kitchen dear, cut a lemon in half and suck on it"
"But Mother will that stop me from becoming pregnant?
To which Mother replied "no dear, but it will take that silly grin off your face'!
Old 16-01-2020, 09:14   #8181
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
......And that, my friends, is how a "government stimulus package" works!
Lol......except money does change hands and we the taxpayers, along with the prostitute gets screwed.[emoji4]
Old 16-01-2020, 11:15   #8182

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper View Post
Not all of your posts are coming up empty socaldmax, but quite a few are....

Thanks for letting me know!

The other website is having problems displaying properly on Chrome, so I recently switched to Edge to view that site and copy jokes off of it. I'm still logged in here on Chrome, so for some reason, it's causing them to show up for me, but not for everyone.

I'll switch back to Chrome and try to redo the last few jokes. Forgive me if there are a couple of duplicates.

On a completely different topic, interesting to see the stimulus package joke generated so much discussion. The closest my ex-wife got to understanding economics was, "How could I be overdrawn?? I still have plenty of checks in the checkbook!"

I swear, that was a direct quote!
Old 16-01-2020, 11:31   #8183
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
....On a completely different topic, interesting to see the stimulus package joke generated so much discussion. The closest my ex-wife got to understanding economics was, "How could I be overdrawn?? I still have plenty of checks in the checkbook!"

I swear, that was a direct quote!
Lol......
That's why my filipina girlfried only deals in cash for her personal and boat purchases..... as a credit card or checkbook would be deadly!

Even then, I thought the (money)Tree was the appropriate desktop icon for her bookkeeping.[emoji4]
Old 17-01-2020, 05:09   #8184

Parenting skills?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C589D13C-22AF-4BFE-8D07-D29A1CDB21F7.jpeg
Views:	333
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	207094  
Old 17-01-2020, 08:21   #8185

Quote:
This is funny because it's so true!

It's a slow day in the small town of Pumphandle, Alabama. And the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.
A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100.00 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.
As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.
(Stay with this..... And pay attention)
The butcher takes the $100.00 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.
The pig farmer takes the $100.00 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.
The guy at the Co-op takes the $100.00 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.
The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.
The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.
At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves.
No one produced anything. No one earned anything.
However, the whole town now thinks they are out of debt and there is a false atmosphere of optimism and glee.
And that, my friends, is how a "government stimulus package" works!
Scoldmax's post are coming through fine here in Montana. Maybe one has to pull the string tighter on the connection of the two can modems.
Old 17-01-2020, 10:10   #8186

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarrey View Post
Parenting skills?

WARNING!!!

This joke is about throwing one of the BOXES into the fire, and not one of the children as I originally thought.

Still funny, but a lot less.
Old 17-01-2020, 10:11   #8187

Old 17-01-2020, 10:21   #8188

On a similar note, I have a 15 yr old female Rottweiler who is so possessive she will growl at women and physically force us apart with her body.

I also have a 10 yr old male black labrador who is very shy and loves to get scratched, but he's too sensitive to approach unless he's encouraged. I just recently noticed that as soon as I go out the front door, the male lab will sit at the top of the stairs and stare at the front door. If I come home the same day, I find that he's still there, waiting patiently, but instead of waiting for me to pet him as I get there, he turns and goes to his bed in the living room and thumps his tail.

The female Rottie doesn't go to the stairs, or greet me, or even get up from her bed next to his. But if I bring a woman into the house, she'll assert her dominance in every way.

I've been married twice, so I think this is more of a gender thing than a breed thing.
Old 17-01-2020, 10:23   #8189

Old 17-01-2020, 10:23   #8190

Closed Thread

Tags
boat