Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 25-07-2020, 05:12   #11851

Boat: Teak Yawl, 37'
Re: The New Joke Thread

Apologies in advance...

A Girl and Her Sniper Rifle

I had a friend named Sierra. She was a pretty chill girl. Really only had two defining characteristics about her though, her love of lemon-lime sodas and her innate marksmanship.

She was a damn good crackshot. Her dad was a bit of a gun nut. Owned lots of rifles including a classic, old-time sniper from back in the WWII era. Beautiful old thing. She learned to fire it at age 12, could hit targets at 100 meters by age 15.

This one competition was particularly important to her because it was sponsored by a soda company. The prize was a year's supply of any soda the winner wanted. Of course, my friend entered for that delicious lemon-lime goodness.

So she hefted her trusty old sniper over to the field. There were 16 contestants so the competition was a single-elimination bracket. The rules were simple. Stand behind the line, aim and fire. If you hit it, the target got pushed back a few meters. If you miss and the other guy hits it, you're out.

Well my friend easily blew most of the competitors out of the water. Punks couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. She completely cleared out her side of the bracket with almost no competition.

It came down to the final round. She was up against Jackson. At 6 foot 6, this guy was an intimidating foe. Even with those catcher's glove-sized hands he still wielded his rifle with the grace of a ballerina.

He completely wiped out his side of the bracket. It was getting tense. He fired off first. 50 meters. Easy. Her next. 50 meters. Easy. And then him. 100 meters. Easy. Her. 100 meters. Easy. 150. Harder. 200. Harder. 300. Barely made it.

It ended up coming down to the wire. Two bottles, 400 meters down the field. Jackson stepped up first, sweat dripping down his face. He fired.
BANG. CRACK.

The bullet nicked the side, shattering the target. But you could see the Jackson's nervousness. It was clear that he would not be able to hit the next target. It was up to Sierra now.

She was sweating buckets. It all came down to this. If she could tap that glass even slightly, she'd be looking at a year's supply of her favorite soft drink.

She lined up her shot. Stared down the sights. The audience looked on in anticipation. Her lemon-lime drinks were on the line. This was all she needed. BANG.

Nothing. Her soda was gone. Sierra missed.
LakeSuperior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 07:25   #11852

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguygo View Post
I have owned longbed pickups for years and am quite used to Hillbilly Parallel Parking-

Drive straight into the space, right tire up on the curb and ease in till yer left side bumper almost touches the car in the front. Then crank the wheel all the way to the left, reverse and drop her on down. Easy Peezy.
I have never been able to figure out why anybody would own a shortbed pickup unless they are an offroader. But they outnumber me by about 10 to 1 so I guess I'm the oddball.

goguygo: In your defense, you aren't an oddball because you like a long bed . . . plenty of other reasons you're on oddball though!
BlueH2Obound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 07:49   #11853

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
Here is my plane. I forgot what model it is, but I bought it because the pilot came with it.

Yeah, that would be a Cessna, the 210 Centurian
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 07:51   #11854

Cruisers Forum Supporter

The short bed truck guys drive a truck because it’s the manly thing, If your successful, your supposed to drive an F-150 4 wheel drive, but they have no use for a truck, hence the short bed.
It’s all for show
Old 25-07-2020, 09:51   #11855

Boat: Teak Yawl, 37'

A buddy and I flew up to Alaska to do some ice fishing. Neither of us had ever been and we were both pretty excited. When we got there my friend was just too freaked out about falling through the ice and freezing to death. Well, I was still super stoked so I ended up calling a local tourist company and I hired a couple of locals to take me out to show me how and where to fish.

Turned out my guides were smoking hot twins. Best day ever. We ended up hitting it off during our time on the ice and...well..one thing led to another.

That night I met up with my friend at the bar and I ended up telling him about this crazy ice fishing adventure with the hot twins. He begged me to go into detail about what went down. I told him I didn't want to get too graphic in public but in baseball terms: I stepped up to bat and put two points up on the board.

Well this old guy sitting on the other end of the bar heard this and flipped the hell out. We ended up nearly getting into a fight and the bartenders had to throw him out.

I asked the bartender what the deal with the crazy grandpa was. Apparently those twins were his daughters, and he was not a fan of my double on tundra...
LakeSuperior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 16:43   #11856

Boat: Tasman 40' catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSuperior View Post
Apologies in advance...

A Girl and Her Sniper Rifle

I had a friend named Sierra. She was a pretty chill girl. Really only had two defining characteristics about her though, her love of lemon-lime sodas and her innate marksmanship.

She was a damn good crackshot. Her dad was a bit of a gun nut. Owned lots of rifles including a classic, old-time sniper from back in the WWII era. Beautiful old thing. She learned to fire it at age 12, could hit targets at 100 meters by age 15.

This one competition was particularly important to her because it was sponsored by a soda company. The prize was a year's supply of any soda the winner wanted. Of course, my friend entered for that delicious lemon-lime goodness.

So she hefted her trusty old sniper over to the field. There were 16 contestants so the competition was a single-elimination bracket. The rules were simple. Stand behind the line, aim and fire. If you hit it, the target got pushed back a few meters. If you miss and the other guy hits it, you're out.

Well my friend easily blew most of the competitors out of the water. Punks couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. She completely cleared out her side of the bracket with almost no competition.

It came down to the final round. She was up against Jackson. At 6 foot 6, this guy was an intimidating foe. Even with those catcher's glove-sized hands he still wielded his rifle with the grace of a ballerina.

He completely wiped out his side of the bracket. It was getting tense. He fired off first. 50 meters. Easy. Her next. 50 meters. Easy. And then him. 100 meters. Easy. Her. 100 meters. Easy. 150. Harder. 200. Harder. 300. Barely made it.

It ended up coming down to the wire. Two bottles, 400 meters down the field. Jackson stepped up first, sweat dripping down his face. He fired.
BANG. CRACK.

The bullet nicked the side, shattering the target. But you could see the Jackson's nervousness. It was clear that he would not be able to hit the next target. It was up to Sierra now.

She was sweating buckets. It all came down to this. If she could tap that glass even slightly, she'd be looking at a year's supply of her favorite soft drink.

She lined up her shot. Stared down the sights. The audience looked on in anticipation. Her lemon-lime drinks were on the line. This was all she needed. BANG.

Nothing. Her soda was gone. Sierra missed.
sorry...i don't get it ? is there a joke hidden here somewhere ?

cheers,
Old 25-07-2020, 17:12   #11857

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

^^^^^^^^^^^Chris,

"Sierra Mist" = a lemon-lime soda pop beverage.

Ann
Old 25-07-2020, 17:15   #11858

Boat: Columbia 50

Shaggy dog joke, Chris........
mlydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 18:09   #11859

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Yeah, that would be a Cessna, the 210 Centurian

What plane? Wait there’s a plane in that picture?
Old 25-07-2020, 18:13   #11860

Boat: Tasman 40' catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^Chris,

"Sierra Mist" = a lemon-lime soda pop beverage.

Ann
ahhhh ! thanks

cheers,
Old 25-07-2020, 18:50   #11861
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
sorry...i don't get it ? is there a joke hidden here somewhere ?

cheers,
Thanks for asking, you're not the only one who didn't get it.
StuM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 19:04   #11862

Boat: McCurdy & Rhodes Custom 46

So I was out ice fishing in New Hampshire. I cut my hole and set up the rig. It was a beautiful windless but very cold day.
I got nothing. Zero. Skunked.
Meanwhile the fellow just over was pulling out fish after fish after fish.
I swallowed my pride and walked over to ask what his secret was.

He kind of looked at me sideways and said “mmffk mmdgrrc mm.”

I said “I’m sorry I can’t understand you.” I was thinking he might be from Maine.

He kind of looked at me sideways and repeated “mmffk mmdgrrc mm.”

I said “I’m really sorry but what??”

He put his hand over his mouth and spat out a mouthful. And said “you have to keep the worms warm. “
dfelsent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 19:57   #11863

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
I don’t get a lot of them, but I got that one.
Old 25-07-2020, 21:19   #11864

Boat: '71 Cruise-A-Home Corsair 40' & Fiberform 28'

There's just too much to bum me out nowadays; I wish there was a way to set up my home page so I only get to see happy stories.
As the prisoner said to the hangman when he couldn't find a rope-
No noose is good noose.
goguygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 22:19   #11865

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Including Ann's other half who had never heard of Sierra Mist other than as a driving hazard.

Jim