Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 03-04-2019, 08:52   #4951
Registered User
 
john540's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Paradise Cay
Boat: Hylas 47
Posts: 171
Re: The New Joke Thread

Apparently, freedom of speech is a joke.
__________________

john540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:01   #4952
Registered User
 
LakeSuperior's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Boat: Teak Yawl, 37'
Posts: 2,501
Images: 7
Re: The New Joke Thread

A man walks in a bar and orders a beer to drink...

Everyone looked at him like he was crazy for talking to an inanimate object.
__________________

LakeSuperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:03   #4953
Registered User
 
LakeSuperior's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Boat: Teak Yawl, 37'
Posts: 2,501
Images: 7
Re: The New Joke Thread

What is Joe Biden's favorite video game?

Space Invaders
LakeSuperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:20   #4954
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Boat: Formosa 41
Posts: 822
Re: The New Joke Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by john540 View Post
Apparently, freedom of speech is a joke.
It’s GB. They don’t have freedom of speech as we know it in the US.
Jason Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:14   #4955
Senior Cruiser
 
GordMay's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario - 48-29N x 89-20W
Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Posts: 38,198
Images: 241
Re: The New Joke Thread

I doubt we’ve seen the complete story, in context, and fully nuanced.
Kate Scottow used two Twitter accounts, under different names, to unleash a 'targeted campaign of harassment' against Stephanie Hayden, a court said.
Aside from referring to Miss Hayden as a male, Scottow also called her “racist, xenophobic and a crook” while also branding her a “fake lawyer.”
Deputy Judge Jason Coppel QC issued the interim injunction banning her from posting personal information about the activist and lawyer.
Hayden posted a statement on Twitter on February 12, claiming that the police arrest, in fact, stems from Scottow allegedly sharing “confidential details of my personal medical and financial information” on social media.
The news reports do not include claims that Scottow leaked private information about Hayden, giving the impression the woman was arrested merely for misgendering Hayden.
https://twitter.com/flyinglawyer73/s...10933637976065
__________________
Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"



GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:29   #4956
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Boat: Formosa 41
Posts: 822
Re: The New Joke Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
I doubt we’ve seen the complete story, in context, and fully nuanced.
Kate Scottow used two Twitter accounts, under different names, to unleash a 'targeted campaign of harassment' against Stephanie Hayden, a court said.
Aside from referring to Miss Hayden as a male, Scottow also called her “racist, xenophobic and a crook” while also branding her a “fake lawyer.”
Deputy Judge Jason Coppel QC issued the interim injunction banning her from posting personal information about the activist and lawyer.
Hayden posted a statement on Twitter on February 12, claiming that the police arrest, in fact, stems from Scottow allegedly sharing “confidential details of my personal medical and financial information” on social media.
The news reports do not include claims that Scottow leaked private information about Hayden, giving the impression the woman was arrested merely for misgendering Hayden.
https://twitter.com/flyinglawyer73/s...10933637976065
I don’t know if all the above words are yours, Gord, but I laugh at, (this being the funny thread,) the use of the word “branded.” “Unleash” is also pretty humorous.

I look for semi-vitriolic language in reporting.

As soon as someone says, “Trump Regime,” or “Obama Regime,” you can have an idea where they’re coming from.

I’m sure her lawyer will maintain she didn’t brand anybody nor unleash anything.
Jason Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 13:05   #4957
cruiser

Join Date: Jan 2017
Boat: Retired from CF
Posts: 13,304
Re: The New Joke Thread

Daily Mail is a joke, basically a trash tabloid mouthpiece of the Tories.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 14:24   #4958
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,073
Re: The New Joke Thread

Geez.

There's this prominent American guy who tweets all of the time and some people are always calling him a "racist, xenophobe and a crook."

Too bad he can't get anyone to arrest these people who are cyber bullying him. Hell, even his own wife speaks out against cyber bullying, but it does him no good. Hmmm... maybe if he was gender fluid...
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 14:50   #4959
CF Adviser
 
Pelagic's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Posts: 9,094
Re: The New Joke Thread

Lol, I think he's spread enough gender fluid already....don't encourage him
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 14:56   #4960
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,073
Re: The New Joke Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Lol, I think he's spread enough gender fluid already....don't encourage him
Now THAT was funny! LOL
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 15:11   #4961
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,073
Re: The New Joke Thread

A rancher friend posted this one...

socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 15:14   #4962
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,073
Re: The New Joke Thread

socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 15:14   #4963
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Boat: Formosa 41
Posts: 822
Re: The New Joke Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
Geez.

There's this prominent American guy who tweets all of the time and some people are always calling him a "racist, xenophobe and a crook."

Too bad he can't get anyone to arrest these people who are cyber bullying him. Hell, even his own wife speaks out against cyber bullying, but it does him no good. Hmmm... maybe if he was gender fluid...
If he were gender fluid he could be the first woman president.
Jason Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 15:16   #4964
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,073
Re: The New Joke Thread

socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 15:22   #4965
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,073
Re: The New Joke Thread

Am I the only one who initially thought he was looking at baby dinosaurs?

__________________

socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:32.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.