Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average. Display Modes
Old 21-03-2017, 17:16   #2041

Re: The New Joke Thread

7 days a week for 25 years with no days off - he earned his retirement!

John McEnroe
Old 21-03-2017, 18:41   #2042

Boat: modified Spray 56' oa

This also happened in Victoria at the 'wharf st docks' for a winter before the Fed wharfingers got their act together. Only regret was I was too well known to pull it off myself.
Old 21-03-2017, 19:07   #2043

Boat: Catalina 30

I just replaced the cats litter with 44 packets of pop rocks. Now we wait
Old 21-03-2017, 19:20   #2044

Boat: Haven't seen it yet. Bought on Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherocks83 View Post
Love it. Gonna try this on my brother's cat.
Old 21-03-2017, 20:20   #2045

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&D View Post
The London Times: A Well-Planned Retirement

Outside England's Bristol Zoo there is a parking lot for 150 cars and 8 buses. For 25 years, its parking fees were managed by a very pleasant attendant..... The fees for cars ($1.40), for buses (about $7). Then, one day, after 25 solid years of never missing a day of work, he just didn't show up; so the zoo management called the city council and asked it to send them another parking agent. The council did some research and replied that the parking lot was the zoo's own responsibility. The zoo advised the council that the attendant was a city employee.

The city council responded that the lot attendant had never been on the city payroll. Meanwhile, sitting in his villa somewhere on the coast of Spain, or France, or Italy, is a man who'd apparently had a ticket booth installed completely on his own and then had simply begun to show up every day, commencing to collect and keep the parking fees, estimated at about $560 per day -- for 25 years. Assuming 7 days a week, this amounts to just over $7 million dollars..... and no one even knows his name.

I think this is my favorite retirement plan ever!
Good job this is the Joke thread.

Just another urban legend:
Phony Carpark Attendant Collects Parking Fees
Old 21-03-2017, 20:21   #2046

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherocks83 View Post
I'm having difficulty wiping the evil grin off my face.
Old 22-03-2017, 01:23   #2047

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
I'm having difficulty wiping the evil grin off my face.

I so hope Zeehag does not see that one. But I'm a cat lover and I've got the evil grin too.
Old 22-03-2017, 06:33   #2048
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

The cat may have the last laugh
https://youtu.be/3lC6oanUQFI
Old 22-03-2017, 10:44   #2049

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&D View Post
The London Times: A Well-Planned Retirement

Outside England's Bristol Zoo there is a parking lot for 150 cars and 8 buses. For 25 years, its parking fees were managed by a very pleasant attendant..... The fees for cars ($1.40), for buses (about $7). Then, one day, after 25 solid years of never missing a day of work, he just didn't show up; so the zoo management called the city council and asked it to send them another parking agent. The council did some research and replied that the parking lot was the zoo's own responsibility. The zoo advised the council that the attendant was a city employee.

The city council responded that the lot attendant had never been on the city payroll. Meanwhile, sitting in his villa somewhere on the coast of Spain, or France, or Italy, is a man who'd apparently had a ticket booth installed completely on his own and then had simply begun to show up every day, commencing to collect and keep the parking fees, estimated at about $560 per day -- for 25 years. Assuming 7 days a week, this amounts to just over $7 million dollars..... and no one even knows his name.

I think this is my favorite retirement plan ever!
There was someone in Tampa Fl. across the street from Busch Gardens that actually did the very same thing. I don't remember the time but it was for years and years.

There was another entrepreneur "immigrant" that entered a high end hotel bathroom and became an "attendant". He was there for years before management found him out. Then after they had kicked him out patrons started asking for him. The hotel found him and brought him back. He retired a few (10??) years ago.

No joke.
Old 22-03-2017, 10:46   #2050

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
7 days a week for 25 years with no days off - he earned his retirement!
Another cash business where taxes were not paid.
Old 22-03-2017, 14:55   #2051

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
The cat may have the last laugh
https://youtu.be/3lC6oanUQFI
There's a big difference between dunking them in a glass of neutral water and spraying them with warm, acidic cat urine
Old 22-03-2017, 14:59   #2052
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Lol... OK Stu....I'll need to take your word on that
Old 22-03-2017, 16:50   #2053

A couple was invited to a swanky costume party.

Unfortunately, the wife came down with a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the party alone.
He being a devoted husband protested, but she argued and said she was going to take some aspirin and go to bed, and there was no need for his good time being spoiled by not going.

So he took his costume and away he went.

The wife, after sleeping soundly for about an hour, awakened without pain and, as it was still early enough, decided to go to the party.

Since her husband did not know what her costume was, she thought she would have some fun by watching her husband to see how he acted when she was not with him. She joined the party and soon spotted her husband cavorting around on the dance floor, dancing with every nice woman he could, and copping a little touch here and a little kiss there.

His wife sidled up to him and, being a rather seductive babe herself, he left his current partner high and dry and devoted his time to the new babe who had just arrived. She let him go as far as he wished .... naturally, since he was her husband.

Finally, he whispered a little proposition in her ear and she agreed. So off they went to one of the cars and had a quickie.

Just before unmasking at midnight, she slipped away, went home, put the costume away, and got into bed, wondering what kind of explanation he would make for his behavior.

She was sitting up reading when he came in, and she asked what kind of a time he had.

He said: "Oh, the same old thing.
You know I never have a good time when you're not there."

- "Did you dance much?"
- "You know, I never even danced one dance.When I got there, I met Pete, Bill Browning, and some other guys, so we went into the den and played poker all evening. But you're not going to believe what happened to the guy I loaned my costume to..."
Old 22-03-2017, 18:47   #2054

Chinese Sick Leave: "I NO COME WORK TODAY!!!"

Hung Chow calls into work and says, "Hey, I no come work today, I really sick. Got headache, stomach ache and legs hurt, I no come work."

The boss says, "You know something, Hung Chow, I really need you today.When I feel like this, I go to my wife and tell her to give me sex. That makes everything better and I go to work. You try that."

Two hours later Hung Chow calls again. "I do what you say and I feel great. I be at work soon......... You got nice house."
Old 26-03-2017, 23:02   #2055
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters

In a train from London to Manchester, an American was berating the Englishman sitting across from him in the compartment. "The trouble with you English is that you are too stuffy.

You set yourselves apart too much. You think your stiff upper lip makes you above the rest of us. Look at me... I'm me! I have a little Italian in me, a bit of Greek blood, a little Irish and some Spanish blood. What do you say to that?

The Englishman lowered his newspaper, looks over his glasses and replied, "How very sporting of your mother!"
Closed Thread

Tags
boat