Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2021, 07:33   #2401
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Noble View Post
Requesting membership. Single guy on the gravel in VA.
awesome! you found this thread..itis ours.. but to access the main page of ssssm i need a re request for membership from you , please.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:31   #2402

ok, looks like you got the invite ok, les noble... welcome to the group.
Old 22-08-2021, 10:41   #2403

Boat: Irwin 38

Long time single Dad now empty nester as all five offspring have sprung. Live in SNJ, but most weekends spent on a sailboat in Sparrows Point, Baltimore, MD and exploring the Chesapeake. Transitioning into retirement in a couple years and focusing on FL near WPB/Pompano/FtPierce so I can get to Bahamas and Caribbean. ATX is another possibility as I have children there. However, not that interested in lake sailing. Not a fan of returning to the same place I just left!
Old 29-08-2021, 04:00   #2404

Boat: Island Packet PC35

Time for the fall migration South! Summering in the Chesapeake then to Marathon and who knows where else. Met a lot of great people this year on the Chesapeake and had a lot of adventures!
The boat is an Island Packet Catamaran PC35 that’s perfect for two with plenty of spare room.

Single again after a good long run I’m looking for a mate to continue sharing the adventure with.
Old 29-08-2021, 07:41   #2405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logo4848 View Post
Time for the fall migration South! Summering in the Chesapeake then to Marathon and who knows where else. Met a lot of great people this year on the Chesapeake and had a lot of adventures!
The boat is an Island Packet Catamaran PC35 that’s perfect for two with plenty of spare room.

Single again after a good long run I’m looking for a mate to continue sharing the adventure with.
thankyou for making it easy on old me.. welcome to group.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:23   #2406

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38.1

I’m hoping to get a invite to the group. I’m currently living in Wrangell Alaska. I’m 47 single male. I work a rotational shift of two weeks on two weeks off in the oil fields in the Arctic part of Alaska. Why I mention that is because my work style might not work out for someone else as I’m gone for half the year.

What I prefer in a life long mate. Is someone similar in age in good physical shape (we are sailors). Someone dependent of other people and someone able to handle their own. A since of adventure and a curious nature is so preferred. I’m out on the water as much as I can be on my off time. Exploring, fishing, shrimping, and sometimes crabbing. I’m no expert at these things, but I’m always learning something new.

I’m working on my profile and added two pictures the other day. Your welcome to view my profile.

Thank you - Sam
Old 03-09-2021, 12:26   #2407

welcome to our group and may your wishes be met.
looking forward to reading more of your adventures and plans
Old 03-09-2021, 12:28   #2408

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38.1

Thank you Zeehag
Old 03-09-2021, 12:37   #2409

you are welcome.
Old 24-09-2021, 08:55   #2410

Hello all
I'm preparing my land home for sale this fall with the plan to spend Christmas with family in Texas then will head to Puerto Rico to shop for my floating home. I've wanted to live aboard for years and once again I've picked the dream back up although this time with my teen daughter in tow. I hope she enjoys it! Once we're out on the water I'll look forward to making friends and buddying up with other kid boats. I've been single for many many years and I'm curious if there are any other "over 50" liveaboard single parents like me.
--CampKitty
Old 24-09-2021, 08:57   #2411

She is lovely ❤
Old 24-09-2021, 09:03   #2412

Boat: Island Packet, Packet Cat 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfirekitten View Post
Hello all
I'm preparing my land home for sale this fall with the plan to spend Christmas with family in Texas then will head to Puerto Rico to shop for my floating home. I've wanted to live aboard for years and once again I've picked the dream back up although this time with my teen daughter in tow. I hope she enjoys it! Once we're out on the water I'll look forward to making friends and buddying up with other kid boats. I've been single for many many years and I'm curious if there are any other "over 50" liveaboard single parents like me.
--CampKitty
Can't answer the question of other single parents with teenage kids but I will say that my step teenage daughter, Ash and mom moved aboard my previous boat. Ash had never experienced anything like that and never been taught how to do things like change a tire, use a gas powered lawnmower etc Even though we were just on the dock she loved living aboard. Loved being on the water etc.. Good luck.
Old 24-09-2021, 09:11   #2413

Thanks for the well wishes. My kiddo loves animals and being out in nature so I believe she will love seeing the wildlife and exploring. She also loves to shop so I'm thinking she's going to love island hopping all over the Caribbean. Motion sickness is her main concern so I'll be stocking up on meds & crackers etc!
Old 24-09-2021, 09:35   #2414

Boat: Island Packet, Packet Cat 35

Do yourself and your daughter a huge favor by buying one (or 2 for yourself/guests) of these.
https://smile.amazon.com/Reliefband-...49&sr=8-7&th=1

My ex would get seasick at the dock lol. I took one of my clients yachts out to Catalina Island on a calm day with her. Put this on her. Got out to the island (25 miles) and she was doing well. Motored along and told her I wasn't sure where we were and could she please figure out the chartplotter which was inconveniently located where you had to look down. As she figured it out I motored to the end of the island where the swells were. Turned the boat sideways for max roll effect. She never got queasy one time! A rich client joined his new to him yacht in Bermuda and we left. Small storm, crappy weather, no big deal. He got seasick and was turning green. I took mine off my wrist and put it on him. 15 minutes later he was below decks asking the chef to prepare something for him. The model I posted has replaceable batteries. The new models are rechargeable BUT the charge only lasts 8 hours. Silly. You need something to go for 3 days if you're venturing out. After 3 days you should be fine. I've used this on passengers in my small plane too. The only 2 people it did not work on were very small women with tiny wrists. At 6'1" I have larger wrists and it didn't fit them right.
Old 24-09-2021, 09:42   #2415

Re: Short Bio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskilmer View Post
Hi. Just following orders to post here when applying to the sssm social group.

I had a few posts under Budvar. locked out due to new email so i’m ChrisKilmer.

Posted in the introductory forum few wks back. Wife died after a brave 4 yr battle with lung cancer. Presently in S.E. Wa. state. I’m 59, nice career (ICU nurse). However, its time for a change. Selling everything (estate sale 2 wks). House goes on the market week after that.

Once sold, leaving only with what is necessary and
travel across the country. Stop along the way see old and new friends. Destination? Annapolis, Md. and begin a serious search for the right liveaboard cruiser.

will keep nursing license current, but will try early retirement. Plan on living aboard, meeting others and making new friends of both sexes. Try my hand at learning Spanish. Way too soon for me to be looking for companionship. But really look forward to making new friends, esp. in the boating community.

Thanks,
Chris
Wa State (for not much longer)
Hi Chris
I'm sorry about your wife. I hope I'm doing this right replying to your post--Your plan is so similar to mine and I'd love to hear an update! I'm putting my house on the MLS in November, selling everything now. Did you buy an RV for the meantime before the boat? That's what I think I need as I have a teenager and dogs. I'll spend Christmas with grandkids then sell the RV and head to Puerto Rico to shop for my boat.
--Campkitty
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle