Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-12-2013, 10:03   #1606

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38
At least the Bahamas and Abacos till summer, no real agenda though...
Old 23-12-2013, 10:45   #1607

Boat: None
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Hey John why don't you also head on down to Ft. Pierce and we can all just have a get together!!!
Old 23-12-2013, 11:18   #1608

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38
If my engine would come to life I'd leave tomorrow! I loved Ft.Pierce last year. Have they finished the work on the marina yet?
Old 23-12-2013, 13:59   #1609

Boat: None

I believe they have. I will find out next week when I get back over there.
Old 26-12-2013, 17:11   #1610

Boat: One day soon.....

Hi everyone, I've just joined up, so checking in to say hello.
It seems to be an important part of joining this group to state current status. You may see that I say the words I and me a lot but never we or us - hope that helps.
Theres quite a lot on my bio so check it out, but I live in Christchurch, NZ. I'm working as part the rebuild of our beautiful city following the earthquakes of 2010-11. This is something I find very rewarding but there are still many thousands of homes yet to be repaired or rebuilt. Some people have now been living "elsewhere" for over 3 years and its nice to be able to make a difference, however slowly.
I'm a fairly straight-up guy, I've been working in the building industry most of my life in one form or another. Now though, its time to start thinking about my future. There are still a few things I need to do before I "cast off" and join you all, but I know it wont be too long.
Old 27-12-2013, 05:58   #1611
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

welcome seachange. when you awaken downunderville there in the other side of earth you will have access to the bios section, wherein there are discussions which are the bios..have fun...
Old 22-01-2014, 16:15   #1612

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45

Well, I haven't posted in a long time. I am now in Mazatlan. The fun is still going on, day by day. Warm air, sunshine, cheap chow, extra beauty from the time you get up to the time you go to sleep.
On the crossing, with a never been boating before young Quebecois couple, they learned a lot. Steering by hand day and night by compass, sail trim, motoring, anchoring and how to lose and engine and a $3K US Brand new spinnaker. But that is cruising, and that is life.
There are so many people in La Paz trying to get to here, I just couldn't leave all of them stranded. They are on bikes and hiking and??? But from all walks of life and countries.
So here I am in Mazatlan, waiting for my heat exchanger to be diagnosed and ????
At the south Anchorage, with about 5 more days of water on board.
I hope to be leaving here in a week or so and heading south to ? I don't know, but I will, and I will sail most of the time. I have put over 900 hours on my engine since I left Washington in May and went the inside passage to Skagway Alaska. What a ride it has been, and it is still going.
Like they say ' Cruising is working and fixing your boat in exotic locations'.
I am sitting here, with my laptop in a place called, 'Club Nautico', it was a great place 20 years or so ago. Now it is a dingy dock with LOTS of character. Cold beer, nice war breeze, and Wi-Fi.
Anyone down this way give me a holler, and if you want to go for a sail, give me a holler too.
Jim
Old 22-01-2014, 16:31   #1613

please get the fone number of club nautico and francisco and his facebook page for me i will be returning. mario, my friend and what i call facilitator lives there and so do friends..be careful in old harbor there with dinghy...double lock there.
go out onto the lil overhang there on th esecond floor of cn, and and call down to see if ostión is still there and tell him karen says hay. and to say hay to loco mario from me also. gracias. buy him an ocho and he will be friend for ever.. good folks there. they have good stories.
Old 22-01-2014, 17:30   #1614
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Whoah zee zee whats going on with boat and boatykatt? Confused by blogg
Old 23-01-2014, 05:57   #1615

what is happening isnt happening..i have a dead engine. seized and stuck in barra de navidad. no engine. reduced size of jib due to mishandling by north sails banderas bay....put in a gusset instead of just stitching the sacrificial back onto sail..ty mikee...ggrrr.... so i am not able to sail uphill anymore and i cannot motor out of this lagoon. i am stuck.
is a gorgeous place, but stuck is stuck.
i let repair guy go as he was causing me more work than doing ......
yeah. is kinda a mess now.
i am awaiting arrival of a fisherman who has a friend with a machine shop so hopefully this can be fixed and i can then reassemble tankage and disappear from this place onward to somewhere to repair boat better.
OR another used engine to throw into this brick so i can go to better repair grounds....i want to keep the blue one i have, as it is beautiful inside..no lipping no scoring...like low hours engine. just neeeds head and block machined and reslñeeved and made ready for reassembly. yes is in a basket.

bubba is ok..heis bubba...hunting all night trying to catch birdees and lizards. making all kinds of new sounds in daytime as he is developing new voice,..he is a happy cat.

lookoutnw..buy water in club nautico--i put bottled water into my tanks as mexico water stinks like rotten eggs at about 3 months into the tank and produces molds like you never seen before..awesome stuff....could be used as wmd.
Old 23-01-2014, 07:04   #1616
cruiser

zee zee

maybe you can dump the injin in a pickup truck and ship it to your better mechanic.

patience. u will git there.
Old 23-01-2014, 08:03   #1617

still need pick up truk.....and muscles with brains...err branes....someone can follow a guide to putting it together again, as it is in a basket.
Old 23-01-2014, 08:04   #1618

jim...pm me......please.....
Old 23-01-2014, 18:32   #1619

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45

Don't worry folks. Zee and I am PM and Emailing.
We'll get her straight. If I get down there in time I can tow her out and buddy boat her somewhere. I got time, if my engine gets fixed too. Hopefully by Monday I will be up and going again.
Old 23-01-2014, 19:23   #1620
cruiser

YAY for LookoutNW!! +1
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle