Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2013, 13:45   #1561

Boat: Island Packet 27
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Thanks Zee.... I might try and see who's around the are. Hope your boat is coming along well.
Old 30-11-2013, 14:56   #1562
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

workin on it..there are a few ladies in east coast somewhere, i know someone just relocated..right into one of my family areas..lol providence ri..home of 2 branches or more of my family....welcome home!!!!....rodl.
Old 30-11-2013, 15:51   #1563

Boat: Custom Norm Cross 50'ft Trimaran

Hello Everyone.

I know, just what we need, another guy wanting to joining the SSSSM.

Here my bio:
Currently 180 lbs, 5'9" tall, Mostly balding. My pic is on my profile.,,

Graduated HS, went to college, joined the service and got to see Germany for a couple of years. Got the travel bug. I left the service, and finished my degree. I got married and picked up three children and a 14ft daysailor. Learned to sail on large lakes, family got too big so I moved up to a 26'f Clipper Marine. We had endless weekends of family fun on lakes, until my daughters discovered boys and wanted to stay home on weekends for 'social' events. My son, the youngest, and I raced the cruiser until he too needed to go to college. We got as high at 6th place once.

I got all my kids through college and when my son move out to go to college, the wife moved into an apartment. i guess our plan to get a large boat and sail off was just talk, as she never did get into sailboat racing. So, we got the divorce she wanted. So, I still have the dream and my 26'f boat and have been single since.

But, now, I am approaching retirement. After saving for so long it will be time to loosen the purse strings and start looking for that blue water boat. I figure it will take about three years to finish my work here and find that special cruiser. I got onto online dating, but after dating about 4 or 5 land locked women, i am now tired of explaining my desire to go off shore and understand that they are really looking for someone to take care of their farm, pets, horses, or other animals, and watch volleyball with them on Sunday, Mondays and Thursdays.

So, I joined CF, looking for posts to prepare myself to get to the big blue and discovered this thread. I will be offering my talents as a crewman, chef, electrical and mechanical repairman in exchange for sea time offshore next year for up to 20 days to those that want to move their boats. This will give me time to meet new people, evaluate boats and hone my skills for deep water.

But, it couldn't hurt to say that I too am looking for that special mermaid that would like to share life's bittersweet dreams. I am sure she is out there, but the universe is so big. I have never believed in quick hook-ups nor one night stands and I have always been a one woman kind of guy. Perhaps that is why I haven't met her, my prior sample size has been low in population.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get a cruiser that will take me all the way to Europe, the Islands and eventually to Hawaii. My travel list is quite short, I know; I'm hoping someone can share where she would like to go and we will then set a new sail.

If there are some details I left out, let me know. A school teacher I dated said I have all the traits of someone who was ADHD, but I don't have any problems managing all 10 things I have going at the same time. I just learned to put lots of post-its everywhere and cut down from my usual 25 projects. So, if I am a little chatty, you will know why. It would explain why I can not sit long enough to watch that Super Volleyball game they do every year in January. But the commercials are fantastic, I watch them on youtube.

--- Dan ( aka Escale)
Old 30-11-2013, 15:57   #1564

ok escale you did it unique manner..i been waiting for you to post here and to include your bio in profile.this is even better. now,. copy and `paste into a discussion in th e place with the heart you are now allowed to enter. you will find other discussions, and you can browse.
you can also come here and post whatever suits your fancy --.someone will come along and spout something....is all goood
Old 30-11-2013, 16:45   #1565

Boat: Custom Norm Cross 50'ft Trimaran

Z:

Instructions were a little cryptic. Took me a bit to figure it out. Also, I read this thread from the first page from June 16, 2011 to about page 60. I decided to simply ready the last ten pages, ( pg 95 to 105 ) and just get a post in somehow. I still have to read pg 61 to 94.

There are some very interesting people here.
I'm looking forward to meet you all in person.

Thanks for accepting me into this group.
I promise to be polite and keep it casual.
Laters,

Escale
Old 03-12-2013, 17:34   #1566

Boat: None

Hey all, Alana here I'm 40 and single . Love the ocean, diving and long walks on the beach blah blah blah….. lol You all know how it goes.

I have always known I'm a spontaneous girl but I guess now I know JUST how spontaneous. I must admit I have never truly given this lifestyle a thought. Shame I know considering I'm actually a true native of Florida and have lived within 20min of the ocean 98% of my life. But I really didn't come from a boating family so it just was never a thought. I have always LOVED the ocean but never thought of actually living and traveling around on a boat.

Funny story here. I have always known that I wanted to travel. Hell I even joined the Army straight out of HS just to get the chance but as luck would have it the Army felt the need to send me to Alaska lol. Even thought it was nice and all that really wasn't what I was had in mind.

Anyway on to why I'm here. Just recently my life has changed and I was sitting at a crossroad trying to figure out what my next step was going to be when along came someone that told me that 4 years ago they just quit their job and chucked it all and started living on a sailboat. AAAAHHHHHHHH epiphany!!!! WHAT you mean to tell me there is a way that I can actually travel and have the laid back relaxing lifestyle I love?!?!?! Where in the world have I been living???? OHHHHH that's right in the perfect place to actually BEGIN this so called lifestyle.

So here I am only a week into this epiphany and I'm in the process of calling the auction house to pack up and sell everything in my house and working on my network connections and doing anything and everything else I can think of to make this work for me by the beginning of next year.

Being honest here 2013 has NOT been my year it's been an total joke and flop of a year but now that I know what it is I want to do and am so excited about making it happen here is to hoping that 2014 is the year of new beginnings!!!

Hope to get to know you all better and please feel free to ask any questions you want.
Old 03-12-2013, 17:48   #1567

welcome alana now you can go into the bios in the social group and look around....bios are listed as discussions.
Old 03-12-2013, 17:56   #1568

Boat: Still building

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
welcome alana now you can go into the bios in the social group and look around....bios are listed as discussions.
Translation from ZeeSpeak:

At the top of the Forum page, click on User CP; under 'Networking' click Social Groups, scroll down to 'Your Groups' and you should see a big 'love heart' labelled SSSM, click on that and (if all goes to plan and you're a Member) the SSSM Group opens up. Scroll right down to Discussions, which is where you enter your bio by clicking on Post New Discussion at the bottom of the page. Surf the bios to see who else is around...and single....

Old 03-12-2013, 18:28   #1569

Boat: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
Translation from ZeeSpeak:

At the top of the Forum page, click on User CP; under 'Networking' click Social Groups, scroll down to 'Your Groups' and you should see a big 'love heart' labelled SSSM, click on that and (if all goes to plan and you're a Member) the SSSM Group opens up. Scroll right down to Discussions, which is where you enter your bio by clicking on Post New Discussion at the bottom of the page. Surf the bios to see who else is around...and single....

lol thanks, See I'm smarter than I look already beat you to all that.
Actually I'm looking around but they all look to be old post. Is there anything other that what is showing??
Old 04-12-2013, 17:07   #1570

Boat: Mason 43
MumZee you didn't mentioned you were so busy herding new people while getting down and dirty with your Perkins ;-)

Welcome all!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:43   #1571

he he he he my inbox is overflowing with folks but they havent finished this part of it all, coming here to meet folks and show us they are really not bots, but folks.....
and engine is on my main saloon sole waiting final dismantlement.. then off to a machine shop muling heaviness from hell so i can have a new engine .....
not the first time this particular engine has sat in this exact same place....only 3000ish miles ago.....
i think more of us use this to say hay than inside the discussions , but there are souls who utilize both areas.
it is good to have new folks to liven the mix.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:16   #1572

Boat: ANY!!

Hello all!!
I recently signed up to this sight in hopes to meet the right people, and travel via sailboat. I am determined to learn to sail!!
I came across the singles page, and thought, well why not???? I'm single, have all my teeth, smell good, moderate cook, you like ichiban right?? lol
Anyways, I am single, 31, no kids, financially stable, I'm a health professional, and am able to stop and work while I'm travelling. So who knows.......maybe I'll meet someone who wants to do just that!!!

I'm looking forward to whoever I meet from here!! You sound like a crazy fun bunch!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:21   #1573

Boat: Island Packet 27

Welcome Coco
Old 06-12-2013, 13:00   #1574

Boat: ANY!!

thanks captain tim!!
I hope to get in with the right crew!!
The right man, well that would be a perk!!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 13:00   #1575

i know tim would be all over this...lol..welcome coco...
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle