Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2013, 19:42   #1426
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

oh i have much virtue..lol still immobile, but the pumps are affordable and being picked up next week .. hooyaaahhh

i will remain here thru december i think--still have work to do and this is as good a place to be as any, and anchorage here is waay better than most of em along the coast, and not too inconvenient for getting parts. and the awesome injector pump builder!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 18:14   #1427

Boat: had a hunter36 looking for replacement

Hi All
My name is Bert I live here outside of Boston. Just sold my 36 ft and now looking for a replacement . Not sure if I want my retirement boat or an inbetween
What I realy would like is to find a nice woman to be my partenr in adventure. When I retire ( about 5 yrs) My goal is to follow the sun and visit the world.
I'm single 57 live alone with no pets. Been sailing since I was 13 crossed the gulf stream 6 times 5 S 1 N . Anyone would like to know more just ask away :-)

Thanks
Bert
Old 03-09-2013, 05:06   #1428

welcome, bert.. sounds like you have a plan. please tell us more
Old 03-09-2013, 05:24   #1429

Good Morning Zeehag
It's still a work in progress My first wish is to find a partner a mate that can share my dream. 2018/19 is my goal. As much as I like Boston it's too cold. I would like to see Europe. I figure the best way is to bring my house with me :-)
also there are so many warm place to visit and get to know the people .
Old 04-09-2013, 14:39   #1430

Boat: Mason 43

MumZee, Do you still have that pet viper onboard?:-P
Old 04-09-2013, 14:56   #1431

bert--sounds like a plan..... hope---no--that cutie is in a tree on land somewhere...

the dance of he men rescuing the damsel with nakee on board was hilarious---4 stand around --the big guys, and the lil skinny guy comes along with a long stick with a forked end--lol he and the others walk back on the dock with the skinny guy holding nakee far away from him.lol.was actually fun.

had nakee bit my rope, i'd-a taken his snake butt off myself-but he didnt and i never met him before so he wasnt my friend....
Old 06-09-2013, 20:17   #1432

Boat: Hudson Force 50

Hello all,

I am new to the group. I am also newly single. When I was married, she thought the idea of living on a boat and sailing around the world was romatic. Once we left SF Bay and really did a hard shake down of the boat (that included engine repairs, a new transmission, torn sails and other minor issues) she realized that it can also be hard work. When I was ready to take the blue water to Hawaii, she moved off the boat and stayed in San Diego. She was simply afraid of what could happen and did not want to work to cruise.

It's a pitty. The biggest disaster of the Hawaii cruise was when the blender broke. We had to eat home made enchiladas with our margaritas on the rocks rather than blended. Lesson 1. Shake the boat down hard and it won't break on the blue water. Lesson 2. Have a back up blender.

So she has returned to suburbia and I now live in paradise (Hawaii). When I am working, I work on a cruise ship. Yes, I am living the dream. But it is lonely and it would be great to find a partner as I continue my circumnavigation. Regardless, the boat will continue to move. I just cannot stay still.

So who am I? I'm an average guy trying to live an excellent life. I work as a medical officer (nurse) on a cruise ship. I've been sailing for more than a decade. I enjoy people and I enjoy life. I love warm water and tropical breezes. I play guitar on the deck of the boat while drinking Captain Morgan (private stock)...good sipping rum.

I am a rugged individualist who can survive anywhere in the world solo (that does not mean I like guns, in fact I do not carry weapons on the boat). I choose a path and I take it. I hope that others may join me for the adventure. But when the adventure calls, I answer. It is not always easy, but it is always challenging and there is always something to be learned.

Will my adventure continue alone or with various crew members who join me for months and then leave? I don't know. But I am taking an unfamiliar path and I will see where it leads. If there is anyone who wants to follow, speak up. I am here.

Rene "The Witchdoctor" Steinhauer
Old 06-09-2013, 20:40   #1433

medicrene--just received your request and read your profile.
welcome to our lil group.

sounds like a good adventure planned!!
Old 06-09-2013, 23:37   #1434

Boat: 40 spray

Greetings and great salutations all! I am new to the thread and very new to sailing. I am 43 and have been single for 10 years. I had a boyhood dream of sailing around the world and when I looked up at 43 I was no closer to it than I was then.

I did a lot of research, quit my job, sold everything, bought a 40 ft steel spray and a one way ticket to greece (where the boat is). That was last month. Im not rich, not pretty, and not sure how this will end up.

I am happy.

I am hoping to find another "doer" someone that does stuff not talks about it. Im a romantic but I am looking for a partner not just a princess. I dont like needy and I am not needy myself. I do love the art of companionship and relationship withh honest and sincere people.

Not really sure what else to say here so if this is in anyway something you find interesting, hit me up and maybe we forge new friend'ships' and maybe more.

Happy sailing! (oh by the way I never sailed before I bought the boat so...)
Old 07-09-2013, 06:08   #1435

Welcome fellas ... our lassies are quiet so I'll make a splash!

Not on here often, mostly in the SSSSM Facebook group but I come on here to research ... uh, my latest painful topic is teak decks .. seems I will be on my knees a lot next season.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:29   #1436

helen pm me your questions i know a lot..on your knees??? why..... teak decks need a sea water douche every day. no sanding. no oil. no varnish. no cetol..nada...just sea water. and use. you will do both well--no knees......unless you are filling screw holes with epoxy and replugging.......

welcome cjwelch.....i hope you have fun with our group.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:15   #1437

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
helen pm me your questions i know a lot..on your knees??? why..... teak decks need a sea water douche every day. no sanding. no oil. no varnish. no cetol..nada...just sea water. and use. you will do both well--no knees......unless you are filling screw holes with epoxy and replugging.......

welcome cjwelch.....i hope you have fun with our group.
Replugging :-)
Old 07-09-2013, 07:19   #1438

ok then kneesles....use pads.....
Old 08-09-2013, 04:49   #1439

HI Rene
Don't think you need to carry an extra blkender . just use a towel wrap the ice and use a hammer. Not much of a margerretia drinker more red wine myself . If I ever lose a cork screw ( or the eztra ones I carry ) i could always puch the cork in :-)
Bert
Bert
Old 08-09-2013, 05:26   #1440

Boat: Bayliner 2355, looking for a Whitby

welcome aboard cjwelch! how long are you planning to be in Greece?
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle