Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2012, 08:47   #1201

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Zee,
The pick up and return on top are correct.
One neat little mod is that you add an electric 3-4 psi fuel pump after the fuel filter. a couple of'T' and a valve is all you need. This enables you to find any fuel leaks prior to the injector pump and if you lose prime, you can turn it on and bleed the system very easy. Also, if the mech pump goes out, you can use it as a back up till you get the mech pump fixed, if you decide to....Let me know if you wnat a picture of mine, the fuel pump that is....
Old 28-12-2012, 10:14   #1202
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

lookoutnw--have those, but is another problem with pick up making air come when tank is near empty--with 2 inches in tank, no fuel to assist pump--so i need to mod--eeps--so much stuff to remember!!! mebbe i just need to stuff miracle gro into my diesel tank..LOL..
we placed the fuel from tank into a pail (3 gal bucket) an dmeasured exact usage that way--- pick up wouldnt get fuel to pump--pump was working--prolly need to mod hose that may or may not meeet bottom of tank....fun boat, formosa--at least mine is--was jeeked so many times by so many alleged owners....at least the items rrequiring repair are easily accessed--so far--is a good design
Old 29-12-2012, 07:52   #1203

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45

The Formosa/CT/Island Trader was what I was looking for if I didn't get this boat. Yes they are really nice.Nice thing about having the pickup tube not all the way to the bottom is less junk being filterred, but if the tanks and fuel are always clean, more useable gallonage. Hope to be south in the winter of 2013-14. Got to do the inside passage to ALaska before I leave this rain soaked, mold overgrown chilly place.
Old 30-12-2012, 08:35   #1204

i love it here--no snow!! 73 f nights, 88 f noontimes--is awesome--the folks are great also--is awesome here....even most of the tourists are polite!!!!!

tanks are clean--just needing enlargement--and once i redo the motor mounts and alignment, my packing gland may just actually work for more than a year!!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 20:31   #1205

Boat: Block Island 40

Well, I have to say; I have checked out this SSSSM thing from head to toe. I've read all of the posts. I've looked at every member profile. I've read all of the bio's.

This is nothing more than zeehag's personal blog. What a gyp.

I've seen threads where one member sends a msg to another (profile comments) and all of the sudden zeehag pops up and tells them to go to crewfinder dot com if they aren't looking for a soulmate. WTH?

But zeehag can discuss her engine problems, cruising situation, personal trial and tribulations, etc on open forrum,.. whatever she wants.

This is not a cruising singles looking for a partner type site. This is zeehag.com.

I know you're a mod zeehag. use that power how you wish. I'm just stating the facts as I see 'em.
Old 07-01-2013, 21:08   #1206
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Have been watching this thread since i joined the forum and have never thought of it as that at all. Now that you have metipned it,i still do not. It has been at times tempestuous, at times hilarious and the sheer amount of folks who join in would not give that indication at all. But, as always, each to their own.

Coops.
Old 07-01-2013, 23:55   #1207
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by flink View Post
Well, I have to say; I have checked out this SSSSM thing from head to toe. I've read all of the posts. I've looked at every member profile. I've read all of the bio's.

This is nothing more than zeehag's personal blog. What a gyp.

I've seen threads where one member sends a msg to another (profile comments) and all of the sudden zeehag pops up and tells them to go to crewfinder dot com if they aren't looking for a soulmate. WTH?

But zeehag can discuss her engine problems, cruising situation, personal trial and tribulations, etc on open forrum,.. whatever she wants.

This is not a cruising singles looking for a partner type site. This is zeehag.com.

I know you're a mod zeehag. use that power how you wish. I'm just stating the facts as I see 'em.
God Bless you Flink- if you read all 1200+ posts and looked up all of our profiles I think you must need more than just a woman~ big time, surely you got better things to do than sit in front of a screen and waste life away reading something you dont like !- BTW ZEEs not a MOD
Old 08-01-2013, 07:09   #1208
Nia

Boat: was 17' Thistle, currently looking

Well that was a wet blanket. Sorry about that Zee. The rest of us must not have been interesting enough to comment on.
Flink didnt search far if all he did was stayed on this site to stalk. Everyone knows all the real fun is on SSSSM on FB, where you can really get into someone's profile.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:45   #1209
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia View Post
Well that was a wet blanket. Sorry about that Zee. The rest of us must not have been interesting enough to comment on.
Flink didnt search far if all he did was stayed on this site to stalk. Everyone knows all the real fun is on SSSSM on FB, where you can really get into someone's profile.
Your so right Nia- SSSSM on FB!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:21   #1210

dear flink....
please be aware i have my own personal blog , as it were, and it is not a part of cf.
crewfinder.com is for thpose seeking CREW, not SOULMATE....biiig difference.

when no one else posts on this thread for ever, this may seem to be my office--but someone needs to keep the posts here so we can keep this open ... if you dont like it here, you do not HAVE to be here. there are some folks who actually like it here, and post when they wish.

btw--i did not initiate this group. was going long before i was appointed to run it. thankyou for your interest. some fols here actually have awesome sailing knowledge, and as part of cf, we do tend to aid each other in many ways not always obvious here in type.
i know my mommy taught me to keep silent if i had nothing good to say about folks--so--i hope you had a wonderfully bright and happy new year.

as for the rest of ye--happy new year and may all your sailing be smooth.
Old 08-01-2013, 15:25   #1211
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

SaltyMonkey sayz hello to all good folks!

Welcome aboard!
Old 08-01-2013, 15:29   #1212
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia View Post
Well that was a wet blanket..
More like a soggy tissue Nia. Just do the same as you would with one of those, toss it in the bin and forget about it.

Coops.
Old 08-01-2013, 15:56   #1213
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Hiya Salty... where you at these days...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 08-01-2013, 17:44   #1214
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Boaty!!

You are AOK! YAY@@#@#

SMB still on west coast milking cash cows and writing new music for solo violin, strings, 2 pianos and a harp! Which is all just like sailin' lemme tell uah!!
Old 08-01-2013, 18:04   #1215
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle