Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-07-2011, 17:23   #91
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

sharing is a good thing--- bubba doesnt do dishes, the brat.....
Old 28-07-2011, 21:50   #92

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
Agreed. There's nothing at all wrong in wishing/expecting a partner to share in responsibilities and to care for you. That's how it should be and visa versa.

Makes me wonder why people generalize about the opposite sex too much. I become insulted if expectations are placed too low upon me. I like to participate, I enjoy contributing. Some gals might like to be along just for the ride. Some guys might like that.

I think us single sailors are divided more by life style than age group. There are those that seek a mate in land dwellers as well as sailors, and then want to know how to persuade them and cater to them. The other group has limited their options to sailors only. Less time wasted wondering about where their passions lie. It's a small pool with either approach.

But there can be, and there is success

I'm sure there are many women in our group that would consider it an honor to cook and serve you a meal after your day of effort. It's the same we'd expect and hope for. Sharing. Simple.
Old 28-07-2011, 21:55   #93

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child

I'm in the process of replacing my chain as it happens. After a lot of reading and talking to folks, it seems the Chinese chain is quite suspect, so if you can afford the additional cost, buy the name brand American. There are some chain discounters who handle American chain for a lot less than you'll pay at the local chandlary. If you're headed into the Caribbean, ditch the rope rode. the coral will eat through it in a amazingly short time. All chain rode is the way to go, almost anywhere. I decided to go with G40 (high test) because it's much stronger even though finding a gypsy to fit it has been a little problematic for my windlass. Of course this has nothing to do with women or dating, or men, but seemed like the thing to type at the moment. It's raining hard today, maybe that explains it! LOL

Finding a partner to sail with you is not so hard in my experience, but finding one that you can coexist with in the small confines of a boat....that's the tricky part. Fortunately for little monkey he's too obsessed with scoring big bucks to worry about small boats and compatible companions. Maybe he's the smartest one here!

Regards,

Thomas
Old 29-07-2011, 07:45   #94

thomas--i am not worried about finding-- aint none around here-- am too busy being lazy and trying to fit in time to effect repairs ... and ......
but i love to cook....and is soo much easier to rebed stanchons when there is a second set of hands to help....
Old 29-07-2011, 07:47   #95
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

SaltyMonkey - yes is looking for small boats but also needs a cash cow for cruising kitty. He thinks too much chain is unnecssary.

SaltyMonkey is like BoatyKatt and indeed shares in partner tasks in washing dishes. He likes to lick dem like boatykatt!!
Old 29-07-2011, 07:50   #96

smb--you never fail to make me smile!
Old 29-07-2011, 08:32   #97

Boat: Far East Mariner 40

Sat on the dock in an old pair of shorts with a bar of soap and amused the people dining on the deck of the restaurant next door, by bathing with the garden hose. Very refreshing.
Made burgers for Sailor and I on the Force 10 grill. Checked the crab pot tied to the stern and took a dozen nice blue crab and a keeping sized flounder out. One crab is a monster about the size of a salad plate. Supper tonight! I have three pounds of beans soaking and a six pound boneless pork roast standing by. A half dozen neighbors are waiting for what I do with these items. After the last couple of times, I learned to make plenty for everyone. Life is tough on board Paoti Vahine (Beautiful Woman, in Tahition).
Old 29-07-2011, 08:51   #98
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageray View Post
...Checked the crab pot tied to the stern and took a dozen nice blue crab..
Heya,, You better have a damn license for that pot if you happen to be in my ol neck of the chess. We dont like no one poaching out stock, and if locals catch you I smell toast for bfast all the way out here west. Not fergitting fines.

If you want to show some skill and respect, get yourself a hand net and chicken neck on a string, then you can brag all you want about that dozen crabs caught fair and square, and how you let the females go right and proper.

Just say no to chess rapers IMHO. Bless the chess!
Old 29-07-2011, 08:52   #99

vintageray---bubba and i will be right over---

i like to hose off after a long muggy day on dock with shower setting on my hose nozzle--is niiiice--- but i dont have any intrusive eyes--i am solo on htis dock---LOL...(i wear loong black or grey wife beater for this job..LOL)
and we arent allowed to catch the BEEEYOOOTEEEFULLL snapper under this boat(i am in estuarial waters, and in mexico, that is a no-no)-- he does my hull cleaning for me, along with the catfish(bagra) and a few mojarra and some other stuffies in the sea---i have a crablet who wants to come aboard despite frequent hosings to get him to stay in the water-- mebbe i will just let bubba play with him...he is only an inch and 1/4 in size--good size for a toy.....
so--either get here with yer dinner or come here and we will catch a pet to eat..damn thing is 3 ft long and loooks like dinner to me!!!!
Old 29-07-2011, 09:13   #100

Settle down Monkey. In NC you are allowed one crab pot without a license. Maximum 50 crabs in possession. I don't keep the little ones or the ones with eggs and only take one claw from the stone crab. Crab are thick here and plenty for everyone who wants to catch them and bother to pick them. Most locals don't bother with them.
Zee,... Sounds like dinner to me too. Had a two foot Sheepshead browsing on oysters on the pilings here a couple of days ago. Tried to get the dip net under him, but he was too big. Caught an eight pound Black Drum later that night with rod and reel so just as well. It's easy to get overloaded with sea food when you have limited fridge/freezer space. If I were closer, I'd be there. Maybe next year.
Old 29-07-2011, 09:18   #101
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageray View Post
Settle down Monkey. In NC you are allowed one crab pot without a license. Maximum 50 crabs in possession. I don't keep the little ones or the ones with eggs and only take one claw from the stone crab. Crab are thick here and plenty for everyone who wants to catch them and bother to pick them. Most locals don't bother with them.
cool vint. Thanks. nice to know. Just sayin'

Old 29-07-2011, 09:21   #102

vintageray--the more ye say the more i am in lust...LOl.. i love sheepshead and i havent tried drum yet nor redfish--- when i get back to louseyanny i will catch me a red.....but might be a bit of time iffn i cannot find crew by nov......
Old 29-07-2011, 09:24   #103

Boat: Bruce Roberts 434
Send a message via Skype™ to capttman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
vintageray--the more ye say the more i am in lust...LOl.. i love sheepshead and i havent tried drum yet nor redfish--- when i get back to louseyanny i will catch me a red.....but might be a bit of time iffn i cannot find crew by nov......

haha doesn't take much to get u lusting for something hahaah

"When the bow be in the trees we'll be running out of seas"
Old 29-07-2011, 09:27   #104

hay--the right foods is lustworthy...lol.. so are horsies.....and boats ..... and....
Old 29-07-2011, 09:52   #105

Zee, I won't even tell you about my new potatoes and baby peas in cream sauce.

Tags
paracelle