Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2011, 18:46   #301
Nia

Boat: was 17' Thistle, currently looking
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Hi Easy,
Just wondering if Salty's monkey is as entertaining as my friend Monkeybutt.

Not a life changing insight, more like finally making a dream come true, it was better than I ever imagined, and its time to make the rest of that dream come true too.

Nope, not a cowgirl, though I have rounded up one or three cows, made a few steers, rode a few horses, killed a few rattlesnakes. Its kind of dry around here too, with an annual average of 8 1/2 inches rain a year. Makes for tough sailing so we have to rely on the Columbia and Snake for our entertainment.

Do you own a speak easy, Speakeasy?
Nia
Old 25-11-2011, 21:02   #302

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child

Ahhhhh a Washingtonian!! Welcome! A long time ago, far far away I once lived NE of Spokane near Lake Hauser, but before that Montana was home and we had waaaaayyyyy too many of those damn rattlesnakes there. I'm not much of a snake fan you see. Now I will sit back and enjoy the show just to see if little monkey raises out of his money finding obsession to join us.

Regards,

Thomas
Old 25-11-2011, 21:45   #303
Nia

Hi Thomas,

What part of Montana did you hail from? I've spent some time running around Montana, mostly in the Cabinets and Wise River Range.

Just in case Salty doesn't let his monkey out, here's a snippet of some Vervet monkeys doing what they like to do best.

Nia
Old 26-11-2011, 02:43   #304
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia View Post
Greetings Salty, so tell me about the monkey part?
His name is not quite as creative as it may sound.

He is Salty. and is actually a Monkey.

Now I think about it a bit, more than a passing resemblance to Boatman61 (Phil).........

..........Just sayin'
Old 26-11-2011, 07:28   #305
Nia

I like you guys. You make me laugh which is always a sure way into a girl's heart. I seem to have hijacked the thread though. Don't tell me you've all done the school boy thing and are now ignoring the gals who have stood by you just because a new girl is in school? What happened to the other gals who post here?
Old 26-11-2011, 07:46   #306
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia View Post
I like you guys. You make me laugh which is always a sure way into a girl's heart. I seem to have hijacked the thread though. Don't tell me you've all done the school boy thing and are now ignoring the gals who have stood by you just because a new girl is in school? What happened to the other gals who post here?
They're probably only to happy to have the day off...

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
Old 26-11-2011, 08:07   #307
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

SaltyMonkey here. thats me!

Just dropping bye to say hello goodbye as today is Saturday and SaltyMonkey has MANY THINGS TODO YAYAYA! MANY I SAY!

But why is everyone lurking and staring into everyone else's eyes? GET DANCING!!! There is only so much sunlight left before the giant sea-leeches come. Boaty, grab your hat and boots. Y66, you are watching too much TV! Get outside and find a friendly rattler. Davy you whistle too much and may cause an accident - so get outside! Wheres zee zee?

SNAKE!!! oh....hehe....it was a sock on my floor. Who left the DAMN SOCK on the floor AGAIN? oh....it was m-me...heh. SaltyMonkey doesn't like snakes. Thats why he climbs masts and trees. BUT not on Saturdays which is today by the way.
Old 26-11-2011, 08:29   #308
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Funny enuf....
Back when... I used to go out and get a few Snakebite's of an evening... gave the head a definite wobble... gave them up tho' as I never knew I'd gone a 'Bite' to far... then I'd either turn nasty or pass out... also severe memory loss...
Total blank the next day....

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
Old 26-11-2011, 08:44   #309

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter

Quote:
Do you own a speak easy, Speakeasy?
Nia
Naw. But I've always loved a good saloon, and like to think of this place as such, and it can be at times.
Old 26-11-2011, 09:18   #310
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

speakeasy! there you are! what are you doing lying around in the hammock with finger paints on your arse making butt prints on a fine saturday like today! Time to go outside fishing!!! YAYA!! You are la pazzy baby!

SaltyMonkey say so! Thats me!
Old 26-11-2011, 11:35   #311
Nia

It's obvious now why he is Monkey. LOL

Salty, Easy may make cute butt prints with those finger paints so leave him be. And before you jump on me about not being outside, I have been. ;P

Mornin' Boatman.
Old 26-11-2011, 11:53   #312

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child

Ain't gots' no TV Salty. Been spending my time out in my boat and diving. Try it some time, you might like it! ;-)
Old 26-11-2011, 12:54   #313
Nia

Thomas you are a man after my own heart. I only have a tv to watch the occasional movie and keep the grand kids entertained.
Old 26-11-2011, 13:46   #314
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

salty seems excited!!! that nice orange monkey inda boatlet doesnt look like boaty but the boat looks like his, from a distance, but needs a mast and rags....(i think a sweet tanbark sail would fit niiiice)
smb--i am still in mazatlan.....
y66----what can i say....
i dont mind snakeys or lizzards and their families-- but keep the spideys elsewhere, please.

hmmm ... i didnt know we had a fingerpainting booty class.....

oh..lol. and i dont think we have a topic in our thread----we be off topic...as long as we stay nice and dont get toooo deeply engrossed into our dumpster diving discussion , we should be ok......
Old 26-11-2011, 14:09   #315

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter

No fishin' today, monkey man. We have a norther blowing 25-30kts so it's sweet bobbing placidly tied to the dock. Tho' we've had great lots of fish in the marina of late, 3' robalo, snapper and a school of pergo. I'm planning to go out monday to calibrate my new depth,speed,temp, autopilot and fluxgate compass if this norther blows itself out. Then I'll be heading out for some island time.

Hi Z, how's the list coming? When are you thinking of heading south? I am thinking I'll be heading across to the mainland towards the end of Dec. La Paz is gonna be hard to leave. No rain here for 2 years, then 3 weeks ago, we got half an hour of light rain, followed a week later by a full 1" slow soaker. Then morning before last, starting at 5am, we got 4 more hours of slow rain, necessitating my dragging my butt outta bed to close the hatches. It's been really lovely with 80* days and 60* nights.

Tags
paracelle