Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2020, 12:13   #2371
cxz

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy Monsun 31
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Hi,

I solo sail in a HR Monsun 31. I'm a guy from Australia and live in Poland. 29 years of age . Hope to meet someone interesting, adventurous and a bit quirky

Here's my profile:
https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...xz-199921.html
Old 28-09-2020, 12:28   #2372
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

hi there... what exciting plans have you for near future?
and welcome to the group...
Old 28-09-2020, 13:16   #2373
cxz

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy Monsun 31

Just want to get more experience sailing and living the lifestyle of a liveaboard Suits me very well. Maybe one day I'll head for a warmer climate
Old 28-09-2020, 13:19   #2374

there ye go-- i donot know how many members are in poland~~perhaps some will chime in...
Old 27-11-2020, 06:32   #2375
FTS

Boat: Catalina 25

Guess I'll introduce myself.

60 years old (physically, anyway) male, single currently living in Norfolk VA looking for a first mate.

It looks like I've got 2, maybe 3 years until retirement and then I plan on cruising for a while. The US east coast and the Gulf of California are my two favorite options so far.

I picked up a Catalina 25 about a year ago as my first keel boat, and am enjoying the boat but I'm already thinking about buying a bigger boat. The C25 is a great gunkholing boat, extremely well suited for the lower Chesapeake but there's no way I'd want to spend more than 4, maybe 5 days aboard without a break onshore.
Old 27-11-2020, 06:41   #2376

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
Guess I'll introduce myself.

60 years old (physically, anyway) male, single currently living in Norfolk VA looking for a first mate.

It looks like I've got 2, maybe 3 years until retirement and then I plan on cruising for a while. The US east coast and the Gulf of California are my two favorite options so far.

I picked up a Catalina 25 about a year ago as my first keel boat, and am enjoying the boat but I'm already thinking about buying a bigger boat. The C25 is a great gunkholing boat, extremely well suited for the lower Chesapeake but there's no way I'd want to spend more than 4, maybe 5 days aboard without a break onshore.
gulf of mexico is also a good place-- west coast fla is pretty and the northern gulf coast is special.. so much bayou and pretty to see...
once you hit gulf of california, west coast mexico is also pretty.. so many goo d places to cruise, and you listed a good start..

welcome to the group
Old 28-11-2020, 16:37   #2377

Boat: next

Howdy all...
Just joined today...
Stumbling through figuring it out and if I posted in the correct spot! Zee, please relocate ifin needed.
So,
Single, happy and content straight male, mid fifties, owned all kinds of floating money pits... no formal sailing training. Bought and sailed (motored mostly) my latest from SF to SD with just my dog. Decent cook, can’t clean or do dishes... (lol, kinda). Good mechanic, pilot and can kinda navigate. Pretty good skipper but need to learn mob... (depends).
That’s a start... gonna bbq (on the boat)... ciao
Old 28-11-2020, 17:06   #2378

Quote:
Originally Posted by airacer View Post
Howdy all...
Just joined today...
Stumbling through figuring it out and if I posted in the correct spot! Zee, please relocate ifin needed.
So,
Single, happy and content straight male, mid fifties, owned all kinds of floating money pits... no formal sailing training. Bought and sailed (motored mostly) my latest from SF to SD with just my dog. Decent cook, can’t clean or do dishes... (lol, kinda). Good mechanic, pilot and can kinda navigate. Pretty good skipper but need to learn mob... (depends).
That’s a start... gonna bbq (on the boat)... ciao
itis a goood thing allis in correct paces as i am not able to move too much stuff--only within the confines of our lil grope..
so airacer where in sd do you keep your downeast 32, may i ask.....
Old 28-11-2020, 17:27   #2379

Hey...
Downtown moorings... launch the dink from mcrd, don’t like the dink spot downtown and I’m lucky enough to be able to...
Old 28-11-2020, 18:32   #2380

there ye go..
i have been in each of the fields in sd bay.. ended in coronado before departure south. there are some interesting folks on moorings in san diego.
i left in april 2011, so has been a bit of time.
you can get some good practice in sd bay,.
oh yeah this is la nina winter--could be exciting in laurel st moorings.. gets rough if you have those awesome wicked storms from pnw spinning down coast.. be careful and double pennant and have an anchor at the ready.
Old 28-11-2020, 19:07   #2381

Nice...
It’s just part of the fun, right? Thnx for the heads up!
Plannin on headed south, someday... friends have / had places at punta chavata (sp)? Always wanted a spot down that way. Runway AND boat? Delux!
Old 12-12-2020, 16:08   #2382

Quote:
Originally Posted by airacer View Post
Nice...
It’s just part of the fun, right? Thnx for the heads up!
Plannin on headed south, someday... friends have / had places at punta chavata (sp)? Always wanted a spot down that way. Runway AND boat? Delux!
best of both worlds and ye do not need to book flights...
Old 03-01-2021, 00:58   #2383
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Uniflite 31, 1973

OK.. I looked at this thread some time ago, thought but didn't do. Alright, it's a new year, 159 pages in Part 2, let's keep it going...

61, living aboard my small, modest power boat - a moderately powered boat that's only a little faster than sail or a slow trawler. But yes, a power boat. I did go sailing a few times, the very first San Diego to Nuka Hiva, and it was the greatest experience of my life to that time, quite possibly to now. I'd long thought I'd do that again, for longer and more seriously, and that's today's power boat on the BC coast at this point. The boat was bought on my ex partner's impulse. One of my good blessings today is that she left me to evaluate her picks and took my recommendation. For the most part, there were no issues over the boat and boating, that's of course an interesting topic but might add too much space here. I don't know why she was discontent with me but clearly she was, and it may not have had that much to do with my own attributes. Then again it might. One who needs an ongoing stream of interaction to feel things are ok or normal probably won't be comfortable with me, I'm a bit sparse with words in general, bantering and babbling annoy me. And raised angry voices make my ears ring, I won't be near it. Inline with avoiding conflicts and confrontations I perhaps lapse in communications a bit. The rest of my shortcomings must be too numerous to list, there's bound to be something to annoy anyone. But on the whole, no, I am really easy to live with, and fairly useful. It doesn't seem to me that I want too much, but maybe I do have unrealistic expectations... How about reasonably sensible, not prone to selfishness or anger and fairly satisfied with own accomplishments ability and potential on whatever scale it is, I think that's a requisite to being satisfied with someone else.

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...nate-2190.html

Cheers,
Nate
Name:   CTcrop.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  23.1 KB
Old 06-03-2021, 20:25   #2384

nice fishie.. how did you prepare it!?
Old 07-03-2021, 20:09   #2385
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Uniflite 31, 1973

Ah, Hi.. I wasn't doing the cooking on that trip, but grilled or deep fried whole like huachinango if going all-out. I was hard pressed to find a face shot, I do have eyes...
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle