Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-12-2017, 11:43   #2221

Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Hello! I just joined the other day, specifically to join this group. I am a woman, mid-thirties, and single for the time being. I am a novice sailor, with a few lessons and a regatta under my belt, all of which were in the pacific northwest. I am now in the southwest, landlocked, and going through the process of selling belongings to liveaboard while also working to build up some residual income. I still have a lot to learn about sailing, and will likely be hanging around the Americas for a few years while I gain experience, but I eventually plan to circumnavigate. I have two pets, which I plan to bring with me. I am hoping to meet a partner who has the same dream of circumnavigating but also wants to have a liveaboard family... which I am sure will drastically limit who might be interested. Meanwhile, I look forward to getting to know you all and any advice you have.

I also have a friend who is a member of this forum, but has not been active in a few years... so I am hoping to convince my friend to be social on here again. :-)
Old 18-12-2017, 13:38   #2222
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

welcome to our lil group and to this thread which is unrestricted as postings..all can read.
Old 18-12-2017, 18:07   #2223

Boat: Windward marine Sea Raker 28'

Hello SweetSecret.
Old 22-12-2017, 21:36   #2224

So there we were stuck in the sand half in and half out of the entrance in the pouring rain . I looked around and didn't see any really close rocks so I decided the most reasonable thing to do was go below and try to get warm and take a nap until the rain stopped.
Old 23-12-2017, 19:41   #2225

That little harbor was apparently a popular place for it being 6 am and raining , every time I started to get warm and nod off someone would yell from shore to ask what happened and if I wanted them to call for help. The last thing I wanted was the coast guard showing up or a tow boat. About 8 the rain slowed to a drizzle , we used the spinnaker pole to push ourselves free and headed back out, I'd found a hefty bag to wear , those things are surprisingly warm when you are wet and cold. The rest of the trip went pretty smooth, we pulled up to Pinstripe Daves favorite bar at about 10am, he jumped off the boat went right to the bar and ordered a beer and eggs Benedict, Tater and I learned about land sickness. After Dave ate we drove to the marina that I had called to have the boat hauled and stored at before we left, and was assured there would be someone there on Sunday to haul her , only to find no one there except a customer who new the yard manager and after warning us against putting the boat there and telling us the yard guy wasn't going to be there all day pointed out a railroad bridge that had to be raised for us to get through .
Old 23-12-2017, 19:54   #2226

So there we were , almost 24 hours since we left , we made it past the lake cops , motored through the waves and storms, lost our pee bucket and Pinstripe Daves sandwich, got stuck in the sand, and now there we were exhausted wobbling around like drunks , and no where to go with the boat. It was the best adventure I have had in many years if not ever, and I can't wait to get the Suzy Q back in the water and head off for more. That's my story, I hope I haven't bored you with it too much and wish you all a Merry Christmas.
Old 23-12-2017, 23:13   #2227

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

Well now that was nice
Old 24-12-2017, 05:00   #2228

merry christmas gang..hope you all have a great holiday season
Old 14-04-2018, 07:55   #2229

Hi crew. Is this thread/group still active?
Old 16-04-2018, 20:12   #2230

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child

It kinda looks like it's not, which is kinda sad, it was a good forum.
Old 17-04-2018, 06:34   #2231

we are as a group still alive, and on life support..... participation helps activity... what you all up to these days??
i am refitting in mazatlan. got mizzen down and replaced but not yet stepped.. have still work to do on new one... then the step for it needs to be redeveloped before it will stand a mast....
got no gripes about our weather ..... yet.... is not yet cane season, which begins here may 15....
looking forward to an interesting summer season.
come on folks., what is happening in your neck of these woods
Old 17-04-2018, 09:00   #2232

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Zee, I'm glad Steve was able to get to the marina. I met him in ensenada a little over a year ago, seems an interesting fellow. Thanks for helping a fellow mariner in need.

goat
Old 17-04-2018, 16:21   #2233

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat View Post
Zee, I'm glad Steve was able to get to the marina. I met him in ensenada a little over a year ago, seems an interesting fellow. Thanks for helping a fellow mariner in need.

goat
he is interesting, yes.. has been interesting conversing with him. he has some excellent ideas regarding how to fix my mizzenstep so i can proceed faster.
his boat next to my boat, more or less, made the differences in hull molds visible. seems there are two garden variety molds--one mariner/porpoise mold and another for which i am still determining source, as it is formosa and hardin sea wolf.
i think his art and sciences and such will go over well here in mazatlan.
bubba looks sideways at aleutha, but chico seems interested in what is it....it is noisey mom.
so, goat, whenye gonna hook up to our funky dock ???
Old 18-04-2018, 06:20   #2234

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Heading north from tenacatita right now. Planning on rounding cabo corriente this weekend, couple days at la Cruz, then a stop in Mazatlan on the way to la Paz. Of course this is just a planned route. I'd never assume king Neptune will listen to my plans and say "OK".

goat
Old 18-04-2018, 08:41   #2235

hahahahaha neptune never complies but grants challenges to us novice sailors. must make sure you have reasonable sacrifice.
smooth sailing and i hope corrientes is cooperative for you. i got lucky with smooth rounding..others got beat well....ps we on e dock, marina mazatlan. is special.
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle