Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-08-2016, 08:31   #2071
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

aimless one--YOU FOUND US..means yer not a bot--and are a member now....

welcome
Old 30-08-2016, 11:45   #2072

So I applied to group now what? Do I post a bio here? oh I am single and damned sure not a bot! lol
Old 30-08-2016, 12:40   #2073

uncle stinky, ..if you are seated ye may want to look under your tail you are now a member..h aha ha ha
welcome.
hunt me down on fb
Old 30-08-2016, 14:27   #2074

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
uncle stinky, ..if you are seated ye may want to look under your tail you are now a member..h aha ha ha
welcome.
hunt me down on fb
I was wondering what that lump was? ha ha ha. Thanks my friend. Well a little about me. Retired, 61, 5'11", 180lbs, Veteran, been single for 11 years. I'm presently preparing for trip to mexico next year. (yes, red canvas Zee). I'm not interested in superficial ********, drama, your last relationship or your bank account. I believe that honesty, trust and friendship are the three most important things in a relationship, romantic or other wise. I'm not looking, looking being key word, but I'm open to the notion of finding a good women to share life with.
Anyway, neat little club here! I'm very happy to be a member in good standing.
Old 30-08-2016, 14:52   #2075

willbe glad to meet ye. stop in mazatlan sso we can meet.. marina mazatlan gives a ha ha discount... schooner patricia belle are friends--speak with patrick and jeannie at the pre ha ha parties and during the great misadventure...
Old 30-08-2016, 16:16   #2076

Quote:
willbe glad to meet ye. stop in mazatlan sso we can meet.. marina mazatlan gives a ha ha discount... schooner patricia belle are friends--speak with patrick and jeannie at the pre ha ha parties and during the great misadventure...
I look forward to it Zee!! Mazatlan it is. The boat's getting close to ready, ordered new mainsail a few days ago. I'll check out the ha ha ha crowd, maybe leave cali with them. Really looking forward to the trip next year.
Old 13-09-2016, 06:37   #2077

ok so this is our conversation thread-- what is everyone doing these days--where are you sailing, where are you stored-what is plan and how you effecting this plan.....
Old 13-09-2016, 11:36   #2078

Boat: 1985 S2 9.2C
daw update

Okay, Zee, I will start. Here's my update:

All new potential first mates are asked the following questions:
  • Have you ever been on a sailboat?
  • Do you get seasick?
  • Do you snore?

Other things I'm doing are:
  1. Still looking for a smaller house to buy.
  2. Renovation of my current master bathroom is underway prior to listing for sale.
  3. I've quit looking at yachtworld on an hourly (or daily) basis.
  4. Still selling furniture I don't need.
  5. Time to tackle the kitchen cabinets --- get rid of the stuff I don't need.
  6. Been practicing my home made pizza and bread recipes

Who's next?
Old 13-09-2016, 16:33   #2079

Ok, might as well take a go. Sailing in the P.N.W. out of Sequim on the Olympic Peninsula. My plans are to sail south to the Sea of Cortez. Mex. in 2017. I'm getting the boat prepared, going over all electrical, plumbing, rigging, everything really. In the last 5 months I've installed new chartplotter, autohelm, all new ground tackle and electric winch, new vhf and ais. I've just ordered a new mainsail, Just got a roller furler too so that will go on next month with new jib. between getting the boat ready, making over due small repairs, fixing crap as it break's, I've still managed to sail just over 1100 (gps) miles during those 5 months, most of it solo. I'll continue to work on boat and sail during the winter months as much as weather permits. Not quite sure what month I'll be leaving, still in the planning stage of what is the best time to leave here. I'm retired, military disability pension, have always wanted to sail the Sea of Cortez so it's time. I have no schedule to keep, my time is my own. I plan to spend it seeking adventure as I always have, just a wee bit slower these days. lol.
Old 13-09-2016, 19:20   #2080

good start so far....
who is next...
Old 14-09-2016, 20:29   #2081

Boat: Windward marine Sea Raker 28'

The boat is on stands at my families farm, she needs a bottom job, the cabin sole repaired , some work on a bulkhead and some other misc repairs and tlc. If all goes well i'd like to have her back in the lake by memorial day, then spend some time learning to sail her. I've only sailed her once across Lake Michigan about 120 miles, but that is a story in itself. I plan on eventually taking her down through the tenn tom and start sailing in warmer climates for the winters, or who knows if I can find a reasonable way to support myself maybe keep right on going.
Old 15-09-2016, 01:17   #2082

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child

Stinky Bob the one bad thing about the PNW is heading south. The best time to do that is May through September, but it's the worst time to arrive in Mexico due to the Hurricane season being in full blow. So, I would recommend taking a leisurely time of it and joining the Bahaha in November. They seem to get you cleared through customs the easiest and quickest. Best of all you will miss the Hurricane Season. The Sea of Cortez is an awesome place, definitely worth the hassles to get there. Zee can tell you all about that. That said, I would push on south to be sure to miss the next big blows that hit that area every year.Costa Rica and Panama have some very nice cruising grounds and you have three options one you are ready to leave. You can make a hard right and head for the South Pacific, you can hang a hard left and experience the outrageously expensive Panama Canal The fall in love with the San Blass or head further east into other well-traveled parts of the Caribbean. And finally, your last option keep going south and explore the west coast of South America until you get too cold.

That's my $0.02 on your situation.

Have you thought about getting new gear and boat work done down in Oregon? No sales tax, which is a bundle in Washington. You can get good work done in Astoria, Oregon or Warrenton, Oregon if you don't want to go all the way up to Portland. Slip fees are a fraction of what they charge in PS as well.
Old 15-09-2016, 14:47   #2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts66 View Post
Stinky Bob the one bad thing about the PNW is heading south. The best time to do that is May through September, but it's the worst time to arrive in Mexico due to the Hurricane season being in full blow. So, I would recommend taking a leisurely time of it and joining the Bahaha in November. They seem to get you cleared through customs the easiest and quickest. Best of all you will miss the Hurricane Season. The Sea of Cortez is an awesome place, definitely worth the hassles to get there. Zee can tell you all about that. That said, I would push on south to be sure to miss the next big blows that hit that area every year.Costa Rica and Panama have some very nice cruising grounds and you have three options one you are ready to leave. You can make a hard right and head for the South Pacific, you can hang a hard left and experience the outrageously expensive Panama Canal The fall in love with the San Blass or head further east into other well-traveled parts of the Caribbean. And finally, your last option keep going south and explore the west coast of South America until you get too cold.

That's my $0.02 on your situation.

Have you thought about getting new gear and boat work done down in Oregon? No sales tax, which is a bundle in Washington. You can get good work done in Astoria, Oregon or Warrenton, Oregon if you don't want to go all the way up to Portland. Slip fees are a fraction of what they charge in PS as well.
Hi Yachts! I do all my own work so labor is still dirt cheap and tax free. LOL. I'll most likely leave here around the time you suggest, get to San Diego and just wait for weather to make the run down. Can I clear customs in San Diego or is it going to be Ensenada? Also yes, I have been talking with Zee about it too, her knowledge is awesome. I'll be seeing her in Mazatlan, taking her some sail cloth for repair's. Then? South? North up in the Sea of Cortez? ya it's all just kind of out there and I'm kind of along for the ride. Whatever looks like the next awesome thing to do or go, I'm going and seeing and doing! The boats just a 30 footer, coastal cruiser so I won't be doing any ocean passages but a bigger more capable boat is always possible too. I'm looking forward to the trip South and very much looking forward to the Sea of Cortez.
Thank you very much for your advice and insight, it's very much appreciated!
Old 15-09-2016, 16:21   #2084

uncle steenky-- to enter mexico ye save your fuel receipt and use it. you get no zarpe fo rmexico rom usa. youy checkinto ensenada unless you go with baja ha ha . ensenada is cool but is lost angeles south. good 3 for 2 dollar tacos. yes they take us quarters ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
no anchoring in ensenada. cruiseport is pricey but could be good--baja naval is pricey and the others ye really dont wanna be in-- marina ensenada is bumpy and open to the nocturnal deck strippers..they clean off decks not take off clothing.
donot remain in ensenada much time. check in and run. if you anchorage hop there are places to go.
Old 15-09-2016, 18:52   #2085

Quote:
uncle steenky-- to enter mexico ye save your fuel receipt and use it. you get no zarpe fo rmexico rom usa. youy checkinto ensenada unless you go with baja ha ha . ensenada is cool but is lost angeles south. good 3 for 2 dollar tacos. yes they take us quarters ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
no anchoring in ensenada. cruiseport is pricey but could be good--baja naval is pricey and the others ye really dont wanna be in-- marina ensenada is bumpy and open to the nocturnal deck strippers..they clean off decks not take off clothing.
donot remain in ensenada much time. check in and run. if you anchorage hop there are places to go.
Thanks Zee, an Ensenada check into customs it is. I've been to Ensenada, doing some volunteer work for a month. I loved the people there, we were in the very poor section south end of town. The food in the small stands was incredible, I loved this little place called Super Burro Burrito, my god it was awesome. The old folks who ran it were so fun, they would sit with us for hours talking and cooking, fun times. But it is a very poor area so it's to be expected. I won't spend anymore time there than needed for sure. I'll moat likely go with cruiseport or navel for the short time I'm there. Thanks Zee, your really helpful, it's great to have a friend that is willing to share such hard won information. deck strippers........I had a great visual going there for a moment, LOL
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle