Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2011, 18:29   #16

Boat: Nantucket Islander, 38
again -- anyone know what boat the OP took a picture of??

anyone...anyone.......bueller......bueller........ .

and yes pictures make a difference.....but for some reason the first picture of those two seems to me "better" -- the second one looks like it's off a mega-yacht which it obviously isn't and the wood table looks much nicer then the table cloth AND in the second picture you can't see the foot rest/bench or whatever that is under the table which seems like a more important feature to me than frills and lace but hey.....to each their own

just take pictures in good light that accurately portray the boat......not including interior pictures of EACH area/cabin/feature makes me much less interested
brianontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 19:28   #17

It must be a question of where one looks for boats. Maybe if you're looking nation-wide or even further there is a need the level of pictorial and other info everyone is looking for online. Or maybe it's simply that the little screen has become the normal way of shopping. I shop online a lot also but, for boats, never. The only use the ad is to me is to let me know it's for sale; what someone says about their boat or the pictures they post are neither here nor there. If the basics interest me, I go and look. There is no substitute to being there and making a personal inspection. The less info they tell you, the better; the opinions you develop then are your own, uncontaminated by sales hype. But then I never look further than my local waters - there have always been far more than enough boats here to satisfy my needs. And I'd be surprised if anyone in any reasonably sized place really ever has to look further than their local waters, btw.
Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 20:48   #18

Boat: Camano Troll 31'
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianontheroad View Post
I'm thinking about doing something similar to our table -- I wanted to look up the dimensions of this boat to compare, beam etc.

Thanks!
Brian
Jeanneau I believe it was a 1986, 34' but I don't remember the model and can't find the ad any more (probably sold).

BTW, The first picture could be shortened as much as the second is stretched. The picture is to get the customer on board.

Also, Turn ON the date & time to show the True date you took the pictures, If the boat doesn't sell, or if your the new owner, get new pictures. A picture of the Hull with a date will work wonders.