Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 15-08-2009, 15:03   #61

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
George are you volunteering to help? We are up to 20 members

Cheers, and here is the link Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates
Erika
Old 15-08-2009, 15:41   #62

Boat: 43 ft Selene/Solo
Ocean Girl
First, I want to say thanks for starting this "specialty" sub forum for those of us that are looking for that "special someone" to share the cruising life with.It is not easy to find someone (either male or female) that is in a position to and has the desire to cast off and go cruising. Even some of those that have posted here have indicated that they are still "tied down" to a job, or some other reason that indicates that they are not quite ready yet to cast of the docklines and cut the "umbilicals".
Out of (as of this posting) 20 persons that have signed on, only 10 have actually gotten to the point of showing their names, and of those 10, only 4 of us, including you and I, have actually posted a bio and indicated what our desires are, and what we are all about........ I think that eventually, with more postings, the possibilities of finding that someone will increase and have results.......
I certainly hope that more will find the site and sign on.......The world is a big place...

Capt. Fred, s/v MERIDIAN
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 15-08-2009, 15:45   #63

Boat: 43 ft Selene/Solo
Correction, 5 of 10 have written their bios.........

Capt Fred, s/v MERIDIAN
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 16-08-2009, 10:04   #64

You are very welcome Captain Fred. I had been searching the net for a singles group like ours but never found one. In fact my mom, who is dubbed the "Cruising World bride" because she met my dad through a "looking for a mate" ad in cruising world, wanted to write an article about the single sailor searching for a mate in the internet era (me). I finally started this group at the urging of another single sailor who was ready to take off but wanted to have the love of his life to share it with.

It has been more work than I anticipated, but so far its a safe place, free of off topic or unwanted comments, and full of interesting people (boy, we sailors are a colorful bunch!)

Cheers,
Erika
Old 16-08-2009, 10:12   #65

PS -we have over 20 members now!!
here is the link Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates

PSS -And dont be discouraged or read into people not posting their bio, some people go at a different pace than others or like to go about things a bit different, Ye gads that is a sailor for you, and if we all followed the leader..well we wouldnt be a bunch of sailors would we? (some people take the north passage and some take the south)
Cheers,
Erika
Old 16-08-2009, 10:44   #66

Boat: Radford 40
Thanks Erica, I too have searched for a site on topic, the closest I have found is Fitness Singles.com, but still, not a sailing exclusive site. I have asked to join, when can I expect approval so I can write the bio!

Regards

Tom
Old 16-08-2009, 11:03   #67

Tom, I have added you to the membership, welcome!!

Sorry to all for the delay from joining to membership and the delay in your bio being posted. I am a full time nurse, refitting a sailboat, and sailing my buns off with my friends (do you hear the violins?) Life is tough!!
Cheers,
Erika
Old 16-08-2009, 11:52   #68

Boat: Radford 40
Thanks

Just posted a bio, hope it meets your approval, I can deal with constructive criticism, so if I have said something inappropriate, let me know! Next step, I try to figure out how to get a picture posted!

I am sorry but aI do not have the sound on my computer on so I really did not here the violins!

Full time nurse? Certainly would have been ice to have had you onboard three weeks ago, one of my toes got infected badly from a hike, the local doctor seperated me from $100USD in treating it, I suspect you would have only charged $50!

Tom
Old 16-08-2009, 12:41   #69
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
wow!! i used to be full time nursie--but i am a sailorette now--yes we are a gypsy bunch and yes--we donot mate well---go figger--yet we seek a mate--lol is more fun sailing with a true partner than solo--yet soooo difficult finding some one with whom to be a partner, as many folks sail different styles --is important to find a sailor with similar sailing style as you are-----btw--did i place a bio on here?? i so donot remember!!!!
Old 16-08-2009, 12:46   #70

Nurses love to heal, not love to charge fees I am always helping neighbors and family with their booboos, but my most common quote is "you better have a doctor look at that"

I know you were joking (but just in case), I don't critique the bios, just make sure they are bios and not an off topic comment BUT I don't see your bio on the group site so please resend. Thanks

Here is the Link Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates
Erika
Old 16-08-2009, 12:47   #71

Zeehag, your bio is up on the single group site - so no worries
Old 16-08-2009, 13:01   #72

Nurses and professional sailors often go well together

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
wow!! i used to be full time nursie--but i am a sailorette now--yes we are a gypsy bunch and yes--we donot mate well---go figger--yet we seek a mate--lol is more fun sailing with a true partner than solo--yet soooo difficult finding some one with whom to be a partner, as many folks sail different styles --is important to find a sailor with similar sailing style as you are-----btw--did i place a bio on here?? i so do not remember!!!!
As we get more professional at our style of sailing, eventually we get broader minded, too: able to learn something from the other guy's style. Of course there does have to be one skipper for when it matters.

"Too many cooks spoil the broth" = "Too many skippers finish up a mountain" in the Japanese saying.
Old 16-08-2009, 13:13   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
George are you volunteering to help? We are up to 20 members

Cheers, and here is the link Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates
Erika
I clicked on 'Join' ~ now how could I help ?
Old 16-08-2009, 13:16   #74
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Wade View Post
As we get more professional at our style of sailing, eventually we get broader minded, too: able to learn something from the other guy's style. Of course there does have to be one skipper for when it matters.

"Too many cooks spoil the broth" = "Too many skippers finish up a mountain" in the Japanese saying.
i like that --is goooood--the only kinda skipper i donot like or get along with is the type who sez i need to leave when i say i cannot afford the frivolities anymore LOL--happened last winter in vi..lol -- live and learn LOL.....

coool i am glad is there and i dont have to resend LOL.....wooohooooo!!!!
Old 16-08-2009, 13:33   #75
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
We've noticed a couple of posters have clicked on the "report" button in OceanGirl's "welcome to the Single Sailor's social group" profile comment, thinking that they will be responding to her or perhaps creating a post on the social group page. Unfortunately, clicking on the "report" button sends their post to the Moderator Forum, and alerts us all with an email that a post has been reported.

To post on the social group page, be sure to use the text box under "Social Group Messages" near the top of the page, or click on "Go Advanced" for a text box with more options, like attaching a photo from your computer. Or if responding to a Profile Comment, click on the person's username and select, "Send a private message to...", or go to their profile page and leave a profile comment.

To repeat, do not use "report" to respond to a profile comment, nor to post a message on the social group page.

Thanks!

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate