Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2011, 15:09   #1
CLOD

Boat: none
Old Posts/New Viewpoints

Do you ever go back and read things you have written here on CF? Ever get amazed about how your views may have changed? Or are you someone who has never changed a viewpoint and have always been pretty firm in your original beliefs?

Here's a post of mine from just 2009. Who is this person and why are they writing stuff using my name from back when I was a mighty Cal-39 owner

"All the Hunter bash things always seem to come down people buying the wrong boat for what they planned on using it for! I don't think a Hunter is for me, but I'm sure while on a mooring I would love most of the layouts. One has to wonder that with all the Hunter bashers how can Hunter continue to remain in business if the boats truly are so bad!"
Old 28-12-2011, 15:13   #2

Re: Old Posts/New Viewpoints

I've been suprised both by how wrong I've been and how I seemed to know things that I know have forgotten. I'll read something and think to myself "how the hell did I know that back then". It's tied about 50/50 with "what the hell did I say that for?".

I've deleted a lot of posts before I hit reply. More and more I shut up unless I feel that I can really offer something or it's strictly an opinion discussion (dvd's on a boat, best kind of anchor, guns, wood vs. fiberglass, etc).
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 15:26   #3

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft

Once, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.
Old 29-12-2011, 03:02   #4
Armchair Bucketeer

I have always liked to understand other people's opinions / viewpoints (especially when I differ).............internet has brought a whole new level to that ..........and (on occassion) has caused change in my own opinions / viewpoints (arguably not always for the better! - but that a different issue ). I find that in real life one tends to associate / be freindly more with folks who have similar backgrounds / views so internet gives easy access to a wider picture .

In regard to CF, the changes include:-

1) my vessel will have some anti-pirate measures (on passage and at anchor), including weaponary
2) and possibly something that goes bang
3) will probably buy a Manson anchor (a Rocna was on the wishlist).
4) Despite liking the KISS principle, likely to have a generator onboard (for the occassional use of toys) - whether or not I go Electric Power.

Can't point to any one person / thread that has changed my opinions on the above - I blame all of you .

"Open your mind - but not so far your brain falls out"
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote