Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2016, 05:00   #106
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: New Power Generator that relies on magnets

Voodoo space aliens, got it
Old 03-04-2016, 05:02   #107

Boat: Valiant 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraw2010 View Post
Hi Let's start with a patentWO 2013/104042 filed by Nilson Barbosa and Cleriston Leal. They claimed it could generate 100 watts with a 1 watt input, COP-100. It basically was able to draw power from the Earth. Many people including myself experimented with it and could not get it to work. The inventors apparently misled everyone. However, an anonymous experimenter replicated the device in the patent and got it to work. It was able to draw 3 kilowatts from the earth with a very small input. The guy even posted exact construction details for anyone to build themselves.

Another guy named N Ramaswani from India designed a special transformer that when powered with an input of 220 volts at 7 amps produced an output of 630 volts at 20 amps. He also posted construction details.

Herman Plausson built a free energy system in 1921 that generated at least 100 kilowatts from the atmosphere using aerials suspended high in the air. The techniques for doing this are available as well.

Another guy routinely draws 12 kilowatts from the earth's magnetic field using and input of 4 kilowatts. He shares equations, materials and techniques. It is, so powerful that when geomagnetic storms hit the power levels get too high and burn out the wires.

I could go on, but the point I'm making should be evident. This stuff is not widespread because of ignorance and laziness. Most people may not have the skills to build and experiment, but the information is there for the taking.

This stuff is not widespread because it doesn't work.

Read the so-called patent for yourself. It starts with a lot of equations and restatement of theories that are all accurate. Then it draws a completely ridiculous conclusion based on no equation whatsoever. This unsubstantiated conclusion is then used as the basis of the device. The whole idea is utter rubbish written to confuse and impress those not familiar with the subject matter.

Don't be deceived by these charlatans who promise unlimited free energy. Many people get separated from their precious savings in these scams.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:45   #108
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by four winds View Post
I've always found it interesting that the name Maxwell...
You mean the guy with the silver hammer???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
Ah but a black hole is simply a super massive neutron star, where the gravity acceleration exceeds light speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
About the same as the thread?
HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Elliott View Post
Anyway, the "vacuum triode" being discussed here is, I suppose, called that because it has three terminals, sort of, and is supposed to extract energy from the "vacuum", if someone can ever get it to work. Which they haven't and won't.
Are you sure it's not the motto of the "ex-Catholics"???

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:50   #109

Boat: So many boats to choose from. Would prefer something that is not an AWB, and that is beachable...

Quote:
I pondered if one could create a solid state generator, that is no moving parts, perhaps using an oscillating field circuit that would induce a secondary larger voltage. I decided, that while it would be possible to excite electron flow in the secondary winding, there would be no net gain in energy.
The whole point of a "generator" is to convert mechanical energy in to electricity. you can't do that without moving parts. It is possible to build an generator with permanent magnets that has only one moving part. But you need to moving part...

Producing electricity from some primary energy source without any moving parts is of course possible, with the right primary source. It's what PV panels, batteries and fuel cells do...
K_V_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:55   #110

Boat: So many boats to choose from. Would prefer something that is not an AWB, and that is beachable...

Quote:
I could go on, but the point I'm making should be evident. This stuff is not widespread because of ignorance and laziness.
I find it quite interesting how people keep making claims which, if you really think about it, all mean the same thing:
- People are not interested in money.

Now that is indeed an earth scattering discovery...
Old 03-04-2016, 05:56   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitterdan View Post
Indeed. One thing often forgotten is that you do not need to demonstrate that your invention works (or even makes sense) in order to get it patented. So the mere existence of a patent does not prove that something works...
Old 03-04-2016, 06:02   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaT View Post
To skipmac - yes, it is hard without some deeper definition of existing physical theories. An open mind is my only contribution so . . . You know as late as several years after the Wright brothers showed that flying was possible, most people believed it was not. Just a thought . . .
Have an open mind, but not so open your brain escapes.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:28   #113
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

I would pin all of my hopes on this guy if a small genset is possible... There is a fuel requirement, so free energy folk need not follow the link...

Silent 10kw genset - 12"x12"x17"? I'm BUYING ONE... - Cruisers & Sailing Forums

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:58   #114

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
What.... are you that associate engineering degree fellow??

Please provide documents proving your claim by independent 3rd party. Otherwise it's voodoo. Plenty of real engineers and science folks here that can understand if it's viable or not. Zero point source is a non starter. We sure would not be reading about it first on CF.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:29   #115
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_V_B View Post
The whole point of a "generator" is to convert mechanical energy in to electricity. you can't do that without moving parts. It is possible to build an generator with permanent magnets that has only one moving part. But you need to moving part...

Producing electricity from some primary energy source without any moving parts is of course possible, with the right primary source. It's what PV panels, batteries and fuel cells do...
Generally correct. One can also create power with thermocouples with no moving parts using the seabeck effect. Radioisotope thermoelectric generators do this and if one had a handy hot spring that would work too.

I remember reading several stories in popular science back in the 60's and 70's about small motors powered by static electricity. The thought was running a wire up with a weather balloon.

NASA back in the late 90's (or early 2000's) tried to test capturing electric power via a long wire in space, but the wire snapped. Might have worked too well.

A zero point source power system would be cool. But then so is a DeLorean that travels in time with a flux capacitor.
sailorchic34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:53   #116

Quote:

Read the so-called patent for yourself. It starts with a lot of equations and restatement of theories that are all accurate. Then it draws a completely ridiculous conclusion based on no equation whatsoever. This unsubstantiated conclusion is then used as the basis of the device. The whole idea is utter rubbish written to confuse and impress those not familiar with the subject matter.

Don't be deceived by these charlatans who promise unlimited free energy. Many people get separated from their precious savings in these scams.
A patent request does not need a bunch of nos.. The simpler the better.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:57   #117

Send a message via Skype™ to scraw2010

Quote:

I definitely agree with you on that one. Many charlatans out there making bogus claims and trying to rip people off. However, what about the ones that are legitimate? There is always a flip side to the coin and everybody seems to be focusing on the scammers instead of the ones that are getting real results. I will be honest most of the legit free energy guys are not college educated or care to apply for patents. They are just regular guys that believe in abundant energy and are dedicated enough to get their systems to work. I'm aware of several and correspond with a few of them personally.
scraw2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:23   #118
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
I definitely agree with you on that one. Many charlatans out there making bogus claims and trying to rip people off. However, what about the ones that are legitimate? There is always a flip side to the coin and everybody seems to be focusing on the scammers instead of the ones that are getting real results. I will be honest most of the legit free energy guys are not college educated or care to apply for patents. They are just regular guys that believe in abundant energy and are dedicated enough to get their systems to work. I'm aware of several and correspond with a few of them personally.
The bottom line. If ANY of these devices worked at all then why isn't someone building them and selling them? The "inventors" apply for patents. The only reason to apply for a patent is to protect your rights to the device. The reason to protect your rights to the device is so you can commercialize it.

So why are none of these things for sale? Why can't I get one down at Home Depot?

The answer is obvious. Because they don't work and if anyone tried to sell them advertising they would do what they're claimed to to on the internet that person would be charged with fraud.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 13:07   #119

If something worked getting financing to bring it to market would be easy. #1 show that it works. # two not why. If you work for a co. you had probably signed away your rights if in R&D just get some kudos.

Anyone believing this is gullable's travels.
Old 03-04-2016, 13:12   #120

Boat: 78 Pearson323 Four Winds

Hey HappyMdRSailor, I've never heard that Beatles song, but no not the guy. I'm sure you knew that.

James Clerk Maxwell built on the work of Faraday and Ampere to derive four formulas that linked two fundamental forces in nature, electricity and magnetism. Quite an accomplishment and a major step toward a unified field theory. And a critical step in making his wonderful thread and forum possible.

Not nearly as famous as the Beatles though.

But does mankind know everything there is to know about electricity and magnetism?

Tags
generator