Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2016, 13:52   #91

Boat: Teak Yawl, 37'
Re: New Power Generator that relies on magnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
I am not so sure Einstein has it 100% right about space time and gravity.

In any case, here's a link to what I'm taking about. Black Holes

Whereas:
The event horizon is the point outside the black hole where the gravitational attraction becomes so strong that the escape velocity (the velocity at which an object would have to go to escape the gravitational field) equals the speed of light.

Much better, it's the simple explanation but thank you anyway.
LakeSuperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 14:13   #92
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
They are not infinitely small, that is, singularities or points. I don't think there's any controversy about that.

But according to the math, they are extremely small, far smaller than atomic particles.
Hawking has an idea which is completely at odds with what is currently thought about black holes -- no such thing as an event horizon, etc.

He might well be right (for all I know), but I'm talking about the conventional view.
Ah well then. I have never claimed to be conventional.

I completely disagree that a black hole is subatomic or any where close to that. I tend to believe that black holes are simply larger collapsed star or stars. Larger being relative in this case. You can take two neutron stars combine them to make a black hole. That has been seen, BTW. But the black hole does not become a point/ singularity in anything other then in math.

The matter, ultra dense as it is, remains in normal space time and is dimensional. We just can not observe it.

Due to the increased mass, gravity acceleration or depression in space time is such that light can not escape. Inside the event horizon normal quantum physics breaks down.

As you might guess I don't think a black hole forms a junction in a Einstein-Rosin bridge, or other conventional thinking.

I might be 100 wrong. But being an autodidact, I tend to look at things from all angles, not just the conventional or consensus standard. Yes I have always been non-conforming too, much to the dismay of my parents.
sailorchic34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 14:20   #93

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSuperior View Post
First you didn't look very hard, try post 75. Second, you were complaining about relevance to sailing and not to the OP. I have found the GPS system very relevant to navigation and sailing. Most sailors find that adjustment of the GPS satellite clocks to correct for relativistic effects interesting.
I feel GPS is relevant to navigation, I found it, at75. Just don't see the relevance to the OP?
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 16:24   #94

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSuperior View Post
You have set someone up for a "teaching moment" if anyone wants to bother.
It's all here:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1933764
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 16:36   #95

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
The only thing that escapes a black hole is gravity.
Now there's a statement that could generate a long interesting discussion

Are we considering it from the viewpoint of force, field, wave or general relativity.

It only needs to "escape" if you treat at it as a force.
Old 02-04-2016, 16:41   #96
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Now there's a statement that could generate a long interesting discussion

Are we considering it from the viewpoint of force, field, wave or general relativity.

It only needs to "escape" if you treat at it as a force.
You are right. I'm thinking force as in Quantum Gravity...
Old 02-04-2016, 16:50   #97

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
I agree Kivit may be biased, but if your read the links included at the bottom of the page, it shows Mr. Rossi being less then successful.

Mind you I would love a new cold fusion system that produces usable energy. I do agree there are some cases that show something happening. But Rossi's Ecat Ain't it.

You can have a silent generator for power today. Just place 20 solar panels over a boat and you have free energy at ~4kw for 6 ish hours a day.

I eagerly awaiting the coming E-Cat announcement, but I'm sure not holding my breath

Reputedly, they will be releasing the review of a one year trial by the end of this week. If they do release a full review by an true independent reviewer, it could be a game changer. If we just see selected highlights, then it's just more of the "same old, same old"

E-Cat 1MW Plant Test Results Watch Thread (Update #4 Andrea Rossi has the ERV Report, Is “Very Pleased”; ERV is PhD Nuclear Engineer) |
Old 02-04-2016, 17:05   #98
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I sort if think that gravity at the quantum level would not be strong enough to distort space time. So I ponder it being a force, be that wave or particle GR works lovely in cosmic scale. Less so at quantum level.

I don't see the universe forming based on quantum deflection of space time.
Old 02-04-2016, 18:30   #99

Send a message via Skype™ to scraw2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
This is truly amazing. You know a guy with a two year degree that is smarter than Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Nikola Tesla, et al.

So, please tell me about some of the people and situations where this infinite energy has been harnessed. If it is so easily harnessed and has been done many times in history I really wonder why we aren't all using some of this infinite energy.
Hi Let's start with a patentWO 2013/104042 filed by Nilson Barbosa and Cleriston Leal. They claimed it could generate 100 watts with a 1 watt input, COP-100. It basically was able to draw power from the Earth. Many people including myself experimented with it and could not get it to work. The inventors apparently misled everyone. However, an anonymous experimenter replicated the device in the patent and got it to work. It was able to draw 3 kilowatts from the earth with a very small input. The guy even posted exact construction details for anyone to build themselves.

Another guy named N Ramaswani from India designed a special transformer that when powered with an input of 220 volts at 7 amps produced an output of 630 volts at 20 amps. He also posted construction details.

Herman Plausson built a free energy system in 1921 that generated at least 100 kilowatts from the atmosphere using aerials suspended high in the air. The techniques for doing this are available as well.

Another guy routinely draws 12 kilowatts from the earth's magnetic field using and input of 4 kilowatts. He shares equations, materials and techniques. It is, so powerful that when geomagnetic storms hit the power levels get too high and burn out the wires.

I could go on, but the point I'm making should be evident. This stuff is not widespread because of ignorance and laziness. Most people may not have the skills to build and experiment, but the information is there for the taking.
scraw2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 18:44   #100
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraw2010 View Post
Hi Let's start with a patentWO 2013/104042 filed by Nilson Barbosa and Cleriston Leal. They claimed it could generate 100 watts with a 1 watt input, COP-100. It basically was able to draw power from the Earth. Many people including myself experimented with it and could not get it to work. The inventors apparently misled everyone. However, an anonymous experimenter replicated the device in the patent and got it to work. It was able to draw 3 kilowatts from the earth with a very small input. The guy even posted exact construction details for anyone to build themselves.

Another guy named N Ramaswani from India designed a special transformer that when powered with an input of 220 volts at 7 amps produced an output of 630 volts at 20 amps. He also posted construction details.

Herman Plausson built a free energy system in 1921 that generated at least 100 kilowatts from the atmosphere using aerials suspended high in the air. The techniques for doing this are available as well.

Another guy routinely draws 12 kilowatts from the earth's magnetic field using and input of 4 kilowatts. He shares equations, materials and techniques. It is, so powerful that when geomagnetic storms hit the power levels get too high and burn out the wires.

I could go on, but the point I'm making should be evident. This stuff is not widespread because of ignorance and laziness. Most people may not have the skills to build and experiment, but the information is there for the taking.
Ah yes. The world is too ignorant and lazy to take advantage of free power. Are you sure there isn't a conspiracy between big oil and space aliens?

You can go ahead and believe in voodoo science, even though it is contradicted by every reputable scientist and engineer and none of these devices have ever been demonstrate these power outputs in controlled experiments.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 19:11   #101

Send a message via Skype™ to scraw2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Ah yes. The world is too ignorant and lazy to take advantage of free power. Are you sure there isn't a conspiracy between big oil and space aliens?

You can go ahead and believe in voodoo science, even though it is contradicted by every reputable scientist and engineer and none of these devices have ever been demonstrate these power outputs in controlled experiments.
Really? And what if I told you I am one those people who has demonstrated these "voodoo science devices" in controlled experiments. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not one of the ignorant and lazy.

If you are really into improving your life you might act on this "voodoo science" and prove it to yourself that these things work instead of blaming big oil, space aliens and generally being a bit critical and skeptical.
scraw2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 19:29   #102
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Really? And what if I told you I am one those people who has demonstrated these "voodoo science devices" in controlled experiments. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not one of the ignorant and lazy.
What.... are you that associate engineering degree fellow??

Please provide documents proving your claim by independent 3rd party. Otherwise it's voodoo. Plenty of real engineers and science folks here that can understand if it's viable or not. Zero point source is a non starter. We sure would not be reading about it first on CF.
Old 02-04-2016, 19:51   #103
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:

Herman Plausson's static energy device is know, yet oddly we see few in service. Yes if you hang a wire in the sky you can get a static charge in it under some conditions.

Ramaswani's transformer, really looks a bit voodoo ish. You would think the earths magnetic field would excite even a typical transformer a measurable amount. But of course the magnetic field is FAR too weak to induce current.

The QEG looks like a conventional generator. No magic there.

Then there's the Earth Electron Captor Generator, which is what your talking about. I don't see that working very well. Nice looking plastic boxes.
Old 02-04-2016, 20:20   #104
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
So with this transformer (yes, you can find the description via Google), you essentially have a perpetual 10kW power source (output power minus the input power). Since the description is in the public domain, anyone could put this in a box and sell it -- I'd sure buy one, since the cost of materials looks to be quite low. I'd love to have one on my boat! Or better yet, offer it to the world -- we could stop using hydrocarbon fuel and we could raise everyone's standard of living.

Why is nobody doing this???
Paul Elliott, S/V VALIS - Pacific Seacraft 44 #16 - Friday Harbor, WA
www.sailvalis.com
Paul Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:51   #105

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser

I'm finding this whole thread fascinating. Sort of reminds me of: And the juxtaposition of real, substantive physics and "some guy on the Internet" claims... priceless! Sailorchic, you're my hero.

Normally I follow a strict "don't feed the trolls" rule. This one is really making that difficult. But there are so many ways to refute the claims being made here that it wouldn't even be sporting. Not to mention having no effect on those with such a strong motivation to believe.

But please, don't stop trying.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator