Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2014, 16:17   #1

Boat: 1984 34 Oday
M.O.B!!

So Linda and I where having tea in the cockpit just after sundown the other night and I had gone into the house for some hot water when we started hear a God Awful noise coming from the stern of the boat. Linda yells where is Captain Captain (our 3month old kitten). When she get to the swim ladder she finds a very wet and pissed off kitten hanging onto the rung of the swim ladder just above the water. She scooped him up and we gave him a fresh water shower and a lot of Tedder loving care. The only thing I can figure it that he tried to jump into the dingy and as he did it moved on a swell! It was just to funny!! But Captain Captain is a cat driver so we can't except to much RODL!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
justjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 16:38   #2

Boat: 1980 Morgan 415
Re: M.O.B!!

My ladies cat spent the night trapped under a finger pier 2 nights ago. One my marina neighbors reported hearing her. Went to her aid via dink.

She can roam free with her cat hatch but seldom goes beyond the cockpit during the day because of the local hounds. I figure she was boat hopping and missed a leap.

My leather gloves came in handy when washing the salt from her fur. She objected heartily.
Old 27-06-2014, 19:46   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ellis Flybridge 28

A friend and I were heading out of a canal in Punta Gorda, Florida for a day of fishing. I heard a cat crying and we stopped the engine. Finally I spotted her under a dock clinging to a seawall. I dove in and brought her back to the boat. She was all cut up from the oysters. The fishing trip was canceled and she was taken to a vet for treatment. She had a microchip in her neck and the vet was able to get the owners phone number. Unfortunately the owner had moved and not changed the information on the micro chip registration. My friend now owns the most striking Russian Blue I've ever seen. We named her Esther after Esther Williams.

It is official, I'm turning into a crazy old cat lady.
Old 27-06-2014, 20:51   #4

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopCar View Post
A friend and I were heading out of a canal in Punta Gorda, Florida for a day of fishing. I heard a cat crying and we stopped the engine. Finally I spotted her under a dock clinging to a seawall. I dove in and brought her back to the boat. She was all cut up from the oysters. The fishing trip was canceled and she was taken to a vet for treatment. She had a microchip in her neck and the vet was able to get the owners phone number. Unfortunately the owner had moved and not changed the information on the micro chip registration. My friend now owns the most striking Russian Blue I've ever seen. We named her Esther after Esther Williams.

It is official, I'm turning into a crazy old cat lady.
find your favorite cat lady picture here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cat+...h=671#imgdii=_
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cat-lady 1.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	84038  
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 22:29   #5

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

Shouldn't that be C.O.B!!