Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2020, 15:12   #106

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Angry Re: LEO and unwelcome sailors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
Perdock was then MAYOR of Clear Lake. Was recently appointed to the city council:

https://www.record-bee.com/2019/06/0...ouncil-member/

You had to ruin my day didn't you!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 15:22   #107

Re: LEO and unwelcome sailors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrob View Post
Guys the OP is clearly mentally ill, it's probably best to just let him be. There is a block feature on the site that will allow you to ignore posts from a user. I have exactly one user on the list and it's the OP after another similar bizarre rant that funny enough from the half of the conversation I see here circled around to him defaming the same retired judge who seems to be one of the centers of the guys obsession. Regardless, probably not cool to use him for entertainment, he's clearly not well.

Actually this last page has been talking about injustice and in particular the "good ol boy south" and an incident that took place close to me here in California. The Op I'm sure realizes that he is a little bizarre in his thought process and that while we are making light fun of him, nothing mean or vindictive has been directed his way. He has promptly replied with anything that was said here and seems to enjoy the ongoing banter.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 17-08-2020, 15:47   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelie View Post
Yep, that sounds like Georgia and the rest of the deep south. Except cotton instead of bananas.

stereotypes...they're funny.
Rennsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 19:13   #109
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by introverted View Post
I'm no lawyer either. but, what you should have done is said, "Not Guilty. I'll listen to the evidence against me before I respond to the charges."
I don’t remember ever entering a plea, just telling the Judge what happens and him obviously not listening to a word I said.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 19:14   #110
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Kinda makes ya wanna move to that thar southern place...don't it?
I am a Georgia native.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 19:44   #111

If that works for you
Old 17-08-2020, 20:05   #112

Boat: Owner built 60’ Aluminum Expedition Yacht.

Hi. This is a serious question. Is there actually a man hitting golf balls into the creek or marsh on or near Tybee Island ?
And can someone please tell me how to post the Sienfeld video I found online wherein George Castanza is a marine biologist and pulls a golf ball out of a whale...fish...mammal...whatever.
Surely, jokes aside, no one is so dumb they actually hit golf balls toward the sea ...are they this bad?
Mark, hard hat manatee
Manateeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 20:20   #113

Boat: Luger, Southwind, 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglaisInHull View Post
Great thread - glad to see it revived.

And to add to my personal confusion, I read LEO = low earth orbit.

[emoji38]🤣
lonesoldier0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 20:38   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennsail View Post
Taking a stab at adding some clarity to OP's most recent update. The judge has retired - back in 2018.

Smith to retire
Meanwhile, U.S. Magistrate Judge George R. “G.R.” Smith retired on Oct. 1 after more than 30 years on the federal bench in the Savannah Division of the Southern District of Georgia.

Smith, now 67,was sworn in to the magistrate’s post on Feb. 8, 1988.

The selection process for Smith’s successor has not been completed.

The selection will be made by the district’s judges, both active and senior, in the Southern District of Georgia. Smith is one of three magistrate judges in the district.

In the meantime, retired Magistrate Judge James Graham, who sat in Brunswick, will sit as a recall judge until Smith’s successor is named and sworn.

“I applied,” Smith recalled of his selection process. “I was young. I thought I might be too young.”

Smith, who was a law clerk for U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Lewis R. Morgan after law school, was an assistant U.S. attorney in the Savannah Division from 1981 until he took the magistrate’s post.

In that initial role and subsequently, Smith said he saw first-hand “the absolute independence and devotion to the law” of the federal judiciary.

“It has been a privilege and an honor to serve as a judge in that system,” Smith said. “Its truly nothing but the law.

“My goal has always been to live up to the oath of office.”

In that role he assisted the district judges in preliminary criminal matters, such as initial appearances, bonds and arraignments, and in civil issues.

Judges B. Avant Edenfield in Savannah, Anthony A. Alaimo in Brunswick and Dudley H. Bowen Jr. in Augusta appointed Smith to his first eight-year term.

He has been reappointed three times and will leave office just short of completing his final term. Smith said he informed court officials a year ago of his decision to leave this October.

Bowen, who was involved in each of Smith’s appointments, said he remains an ardent supporter and enthusiastic about that selection.

“Judge G.R. Smith is, in judicial terms, a class act,” Bowen said.

He cited Smith’s demeanor, scholarship and “prodigious work ethic” as among his qualities.

“He is a scholar, energetic and he does not wait around (to rule). ... He gets things done.

“He has done well by the court and could have served with distinction in any court in the 11th Circuit.”

Georgia’s three federal districts are in the Atlanta-based 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

Bowen said the court’s judges expect to appoint a judge “who fulfills the record that G.R. Smith has established and compliment it as well.”

You are, showing the point well. A Judge is collusive with the court, shielding the State from make others whole, after agents of the state, have violated the law.
Having his cousin at the 11th Circuit produce fraudulent documents, is serving his employer The State. They mistakenly used, “The Court,” in the article.
Which is the normal, smoke and mirrors used by agents of The State/The Court.
I wonder if they had a, “Seance,” before adding the name of a 90 year old Fay to those fraudulent documents.?
Old 18-08-2020, 20:40   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrob View Post
Guys the OP is clearly mentally ill, it's probably best to just let him be. There is a block feature on the site that will allow you to ignore posts from a user. I have exactly one user on the list and it's the OP after another similar bizarre rant that funny enough from the half of the conversation I see here circled around to him defaming the same retired judge who seems to be one of the centers of the guys obsession. Regardless, probably not cool to use him for entertainment, he's clearly not well.

[emoji38]
Old 18-08-2020, 20:45   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Actually this last page has been talking about injustice and in particular the "good ol boy south" and an incident that took place close to me here in California. The Op I'm sure realizes that he is a little bizarre in his thought process and that while we are making light fun of him, nothing mean or vindictive has been directed his way. He has promptly replied with anything that was said here and seems to enjoy the ongoing banter.

Thank you.

While others distract, I do not consider criminal acts by agents of, “The State,” to be humorous.
Exposing these acts is necessary to prevent them in the future.

Again, thank you for your kind regards.
Old 18-08-2020, 20:56   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
I don’t remember ever entering a plea, just telling the Judge what happens and him obviously not listening to a word I said.

That’s the point. The State, “Has a Code,” now you’re a Debit Card.
Never mind the fact that you were on a, “Boat Ramp,” on the opposite side of the island, from the Beach.
For the record, I never paid the $510 fine.
All they had to do was explain it to the Jury.
Old 18-08-2020, 21:14   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
How could I have missed this thread in 2016?

It is a wild long winding and groovey story. But I "think" it is really only about getting a ticket about a dog with a bunch of distraction tossed in.

I certainly would expected another story from the OP in the 4 years since as I bet frequent comedies of life happen to him.

You’re right.
1. My cousin died, after a person with a revoked license ran a stop sign.
2. My son has been killed by another person related to an agent of the State, that ran a stop sign.
3. My other son’s vehicle was total after being struck from a side street.
4. Another cousin lost her leg and her husband, after someone ran a traffic light.
5. My 80 year old father, has been stopped while driving my car. “We thought either the tag or car was stolen.” Car has been there over 20 years.

Tags
sail