Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2009, 06:26   #31

Boat: Beneteau 32.5
Click my webpage listed below and then "other useful links" on the left. I have 7 crew finder sites listed there. You can start with the proper thread at this site, but I think findacrew and floatplan are the most useful. Findacrew is a bit more commercially oriented than floatplan, but is also very internationally oriented. You'll have to pay a membership fee for it to be useful.
nautical62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 08:35   #32

Boat: Buizen 48
pirate Back on subject

It never ceases to amaze me how so many on CF have a need to say something just to see themselves in print! Can't anyone stay on subject anymore???

That aside, try Fitnes Singles .... I've had plenty of responses, from around the world though mainly USA, of attractive/interesting women who would love to sail....
BlueSovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 08:54   #33

I've missed you guys. I sold my boat, moved to Idaho and haven't checked into CF for many months. You all are still as fun as ever! If there is anyone out there that likes to surf, I'll be back in San Diego soon.
seasidesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 09:26   #34

Location: West Indies, Now live aboard as cruiser/ voyager often with guest/ friends
Boat: 36' Bene
Send a message via ICQ to Reality Check
All in all, Think I'll just single hand (the boat), rather than INTERNET search for a mate. It is still a great sail and having temporary crews join here and there has always been a fun time (except for the crew from hell).

Having friends with benefits beat attempting to lock in a single crew-mate that isn't as into sailing as you may be. My hat is off to those that have located their long term sail mates. Far too many fain love of the sailing adventure only to later find out it isn't like being on a 3,000 passenger cruise ship with all the amenities.
Old 29-03-2009, 10:52   #35

Boat: Beneteau 32.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
My hat is off to those that have located their long term sail mates. Far too many fain love of the sailing adventure only to later find out it isn't like being on a 3,000 passenger cruise ship with all the amenities.
I also find this to be true. If sharing sailing is very important, I think it's much better to focus on finding someone who is a sailing partner first with a possibility of it becoming more, rather than looking for the romance first.

If you enjoy cruising with someone, but don't hit it off romantically, you've at least had a wonderful cruise and expanded your circle of sailing partners. If you start a romance, and they really dislike sailing, both the cruise and relationship will get really ugly.

I've done both. I'd much rather have had a great cruise and new sailing partner than share a cruise with a new relationship that ends up hating the cruise, hating sailing and wants me to give up what I enjoy for her, which won't work out anyways.

Again, many online places go find crew, romantic or not listed on my website. I've used a few of them, and regarding one previous post, I don't think finding people to sail with online is any creepier than meeting them any other way and is every bit as valid as sailing people discussing anything else about sailing online in these forums.
nautical62 is offline   Reply With Quote