Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2015, 13:48   #31

Boat: Tayana 58 DS
Re: How did you first start sailing

As a little kid I was enthralled with sailing. I grew up with a single mother in a town with a nice lake about 350 acres -- and we didn't have a boat. At age 3, I convinced her to buy a sailboat for the family to use on the lake. It was a stretch for her, but she picked up a Snark styrofoam boat, and that is what we used for a few years. I remember her being terrified that I'd hit something hard with it and it would break in half. Fortunately, that never happened. A few years later a neighbor bought an O'Day 23 and I would crew for him on daytrips and loved it. I've been sailing ever since, with a few years off after an accidental jibe on a C&C44 hit me in the head.
accomplice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 00:21   #32

Re: How did you first start sailing

A friend of my brother didn't want to crew in his dad's Firefly any more, so got him to go down and sail with the dad. I went along for the ride, and got a job crewing someone else. That was in 1975, and even though I sail other boats more, I still think of myself primarily as a Firefly sailor. First impressions are very strong.
sammyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailing