Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 09:43   #46

Boat: Ericson 27
Re: Has anyone seen unexplainable phenomena while at sea?

This was fun. Thanks to all for your posts. If we do meet up with e.t.'s, let's welcome them as fellow cruisers.
Tomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54   #47
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
I've got a pet alien that inhabits my washing machine. Seems to live off a diet of socks. I think it has a friend in the wardrobe that keeps on cloning its strange wiry self.
Nope, thats the borrowers, same thing happens with pens, screwdrivers and small flashlights. Funnily I think they turn them into coat hangers, always seem to have an wardrobe full of them, no matter how many I throw out.

Dave
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13   #48

Boat: Anderson 22

Hhmmm, after reading this thread I know I must worn my brother, one of those creatures inhabits his wife's belly for some time, and it's obvious it's growing... same thing happens to some friends also, I'm grateful none found a suitable place inside one of my girlfriends!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:09   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Nope, thats the borrowers, same thing happens with pens, screwdrivers and small flashlights. Funnily I think they turn them into coat hangers, always seem to have an wardrobe full of them, no matter how many I throw out.

Dave

Actually, in an epic paper published by Karl Schwarzschild, shortly after Dr. Albert Einstein's theory of Relativity it was shown that Black Holes can exist generally, with different sizes.

What you are seeing is an effect of the black holes, with effects limited to small areas. Some people are 'black hole attractors', and black holes follow them as these 'black hole attractors' get on with messing with our life. The amazing thing about black holes is that they spit out the objects in another dimension (time/space) and thus (especially with the little black holes) the objects that have vanished, then been replaced (usually at great cost of time, energy, and money) reappear after their short journey through time and space, usually in the EXACT place we have searched for the umpteenth time.

On a somewhat related note, people were concerned that the Large Hadron Collider would establish a tiny black hole that would be capable of swallowing our planet earth.

Unfortunately this did not happen, not even a smaller one that could take Little Kim (not the rock star, but the nemesis of ROK , or dear leader of DPRK ) off into another world where he could enjoy his Big Macs in peace.

As to odd things happening (to keep thread drift from interfering too much....)
Time travel is a side effect for me with sailing. Inexplicable effects... no rum needed...
h20man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:49   #50

Boat: S2 11.0A 36'
I watched a weird white light arc across the sky. It turned out to be the space station.

SC
sailcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote