Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2021, 21:11   #331
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris
Re: Flat Earth Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
I think that the reason we use imperial as well as metric measurements in the US is because wrench and socket manufacturers figured that they force everyone to buy two sets. Capitalism at its finest. I was also wondering if metric socket sets in other countries come with 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch drive handles.
Nope, they come in tiny medium and big
Old 09-10-2021, 21:40   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
While applied generally I might agree with this statement. In your particular case however, you have clearly demonstrated in a public forum that this is beyond your ability.
Captain Bill,
You show yourself as a vain jangler with a statement of general criticism, but lacking any detail to support. On what points do you disagree ? Do you disagree with a dictionary entry that I did not write, but only quoted ? You would have to contact The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language to resolve that.

Do you disagree with basic science of matter and energy ? Or is it orthodox theology about the origin of the universe ? Perhaps you can share your insight or advanced knowledge with forum members rather than hurl meaningless criticism.
Old 09-10-2021, 21:52   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Nope, they come in tiny medium and big
I worked briefly aboard a European dive support vessel. I found a Sears Craftsman 1/2 inch drive ratchet that had a worn out ratchet mechanism. I asked the Chief if he untended to purchase an overhaul kit or dispose of it. He told me to take it if I want it. So now I have it with new parts fitted courtesy of Sears who were still in business at the time. This experience shows that metric sockets in Europe are driven with inch sized driving tools, same as on the North American Continent..
Old 09-10-2021, 22:13   #334

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Enough bickering.
Closed Thread