Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-07-2010, 22:12   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
Foreshore leases

The rules governing private moorage and foreshore leases require that access by the public not be restricted by the facility. I don't know if that applies to a facility like the Sidney Marina or not. I suppose you could anchor inside the the breakwater and then climb it and and walk into town

OK maybe not ...

Crown Land Administration Division - Private Moorage Crown Land Tenure Program - Province of British Columbia

Interesting that Agriculture and lands controls the foreshore and not the DFO.

hummingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 08:37   #47

Boat: Steel trawler 63' Eileen Farrell
Almost anywhere you can beach your dinghy, it's getting from the beach to stores and shops and knowing that your dinghy will still be there when you get back that you're paying for.
I met some folks living on a sailboat in Panama that came ashore on one half of a busted up surfboard and just left it on the beach, and it was always there when they came back. Their kids swam along side them. Had their groceries in a milk crate balanced on the board.
lorenzo b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 20:29   #48
cruiser

A lock and chain solves the dinghy problem most of the time ,especially a disc lock. Kids sometimes play with unlocked dinghies and forget to tie them back up. It's too much of a temptation.
Meanwhile clean your paintbrush on your dinghy so it s doesn't look like something easy to quickly sell.
I once had a fancy set of oars. They dissapeared quickly in Frisco Bay. Since then, I've made all my dingy oars out of driftwood , plywood and plastic drums found on the beach, and wire or chained them to the dinghy, to keep them from bouncing out or being borrowed. They work just as well as the fancy ones, but I've never come back to find them missing.
Brent Swain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 22:21   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
A lock and chain solves the dinghy problem most of the time ,especially a disc lock. Kids sometimes play with unlocked dinghies and forget to tie them back up. It's too much of a temptation.
Meanwhile clean your paintbrush on your dinghy so it s doesn't look like something easy to quickly sell.
I once had a fancy set of oars. They dissapeared quickly in Frisco Bay. Since then, I've made all my dingy oars out of driftwood , plywood and plastic drums found on the beach, and wire or chained them to the dinghy, to keep them from bouncing out or being borrowed. They work just as well as the fancy ones, but I've never come back to find them missing.
Your oars sound like a work of art! I just bought some fancy oars and I have to say, I actually feel like I'm rowing a boat not sitting in some exercise machine in a gym So far I've taken the oars out at shore but I'm thinking up schemes to attach them to the tender.

hummingway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Docking