Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-10-2008, 15:40   #31
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
The one with the "Bling Skull" is just goofy, I was trying to replicate a T-Shirt I have into a flag design. The other os actually a rendition of a Greenman which is kinda a pagan like symbol (thats way over simplified, but I am too lazy to type alot) and as far away from actual pirates as you can get, minus the possible whole human sacrifices thing the Druids may have done.

Anyhoo, sorry for causing so much controversy, time for some Gossling's and OJ .
Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say: Stick around! :cubalibre

It really IS cool art. And I don't think anyone really has any serious objection to it. I think the controversy really surrounded the interpretation of each others comments, not your art.

After all, back when procrew4u was known as tonythepirate, I had no problem suggesting that a new visitor contact him about being their captain. So, I can't REALLY have a problem with the pirate theme! Although I could have really had fun with it. I mean, hiring a pirate for a captain!?!

Anyway, glad to see you post again and to see you didn't take offense (or if you did, you did a great job of not showing it in your post...). I was a little upset when it seemed as if we may have run you off.

Keep posting. Art or otherwise. And thanks for being tolerant of us going kinda postal for a moment there. We do so occasionally just to break the monotony.

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 15:54   #32

Boat: Catalina 34 - "Points North"
I'm with Dan. Thanks for sticking around. Looking forward to seeing more from you.
Old 30-10-2008, 16:34   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
Greenman,
No need to apologize. If anyone needs to apologize it is me. I'm glad to see you are back. Perhaps it was a mistake for me to run off on this wild tangent from the beginning. Anyways, what matters is you are back and not ticked off.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 07:15   #34

Boat: '75 Hunter 27 SD
I never went anywhere, I have been a member of this forum for a few months, but just not a big poster. I like to read (listen) more than I speak for the most part.

As for all the rest, my skin is very thick and sense of humor a little less than polite and politically correct. I make fun if myself and I make fun of anyone else will see the same humor as me. I am an old military guy who thought his name was "Hey Fatty" for my first couple years.

So, no, no offense taken, no apologies needed, however if I ever run into you in the world I will let you buy me a beer (That goes for all of you )
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote