Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2015, 10:44   #1

Changed my mind

Photos not safe for anyone eating food. But i cant post photos

Go ahead please correct my grammer and spelling. Ive had it before and i laugh at anyone that is so friggin small they have to correct me.

Im buying a boat next season. I am sick of living my life for everyone (women) now its my turn i was as good as dead and i have my second chance so now its about me and my kids dont like my boat dont come see me is my attitude.

This is a no BS account of what happened no exagerating. I had on my helmet riding jacket gloves pants and boots.

I was on my way to see sammy my son

*I was 200 ft from the redlight so i slowed down. * Here motorcycles drive in emergency lane.* Lots of gravel at stop lights. So i was 50 ft away when light turned green there was a truck with a camper shell on it so i couldnt see anything im 10 ft from the intercetion doing 15 mph and the truck i couldnt see past stopped!!!!!.

i get to where i see across the hood of the truck and like a freight train this simi truck comes through the light i thought oh **** i think faster than i thought possible gave my self 3 choices try to stop didnt work about 5 ft till i go infront of the truck and at that point its all over*

2 *if i hit behind the front tire i get to go under the back tires of the truck and its all over.

3 oh i hope it works but only chance i see to surviving, i turn bike to right hard as i can and accelerate to hit the back tires and hope to bounce off and not go under the truck and get run over by the trailer.

Choice made I turn right hard as i can on gravel hit the gas point the bike at an angle and i hit it yaaaay then i smashed into something(my windshield) and the truck i blacked out after that but could still hear and kind of feel *but not much *i knew i was falling and hit the ground and was knocked out for 30 seconds.

*i was helped up * * yaaaay i made it. *i said pick up my bike im ok im going to see my son * someone said lay down i said ill sit but i dont want to lay down.

*Then i notice i cant see anything but red from the cut above my eye. Maybe 3 minutes later I was put on an ambulence brought to the closest hospital that happened to be a private hospital. The driver of the simi truck never came to see me * everyone thought i had died * the only one to come see me was the police chief he got the truc driver and got everything done for me.

i said im ok *then they take my photo and show me *i couldnt see it anyway * they stitched up my eyebrow and did a 10 minute full body cat scan *told my my face has a fracture and my shoulder is messed up. *My tendons are torn away.

I am lucky very very lucky to be alive and i know it. There was nothing i could do not to hit the truck i picked the lesser of the evils that gave me a chance.*

Anyway the two hospitals i was in are first class from top to bottom great doctors nurses and resort like rooms. I have attached photos of everything. *

I had to pay for the first hospital since the trucker thought i was dead and never showed with his paperwork.

I talked one nurse in to getting me a ciggarett and i went down to smoke it yes security and everyone freaks out i just smile at them with my iv pole in tow smoke and go back to my room like i told the nurse * get me a smoke and ill go right to sleep * the second hospital figured they couldnt stop me so they made the sliding glass door open * i smoked on my bolcony smoking on hospital grounds is i big no no *but they couldnt stop me so they broke the rules.

My motorcycle has 50000 baht damage * i buy ot for 60000 * * can i have a new one haha. The frame and everthing is gone. *My face is a bit numb my scalp is numb so now im a true numb scull. * My 19yo cousin that lives next to my mother inlaw was killed on his motorcycle the night of my accident.

Ive got one arm so im walking around like food to be eaten this russian tryed to rob me at 4am so i hand him about 30 dollars oooops i drop it he goes to pic it up i knee him in the face then kick him in his man parts and kick his knee backwords and run. If my arm gets messed up again its a big problem since medical thread has replaced my one tendon.

I an the happiest person on the planet and next year im getting my boat.

Ertors due to typing with my nose and left hand big nose small hand.
captainbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:22   #2

Boat: Catalina 30
Re: Changed my mind

I'm looking forward to part II...
jongleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 13:03   #3
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

wow ok ready for next chapter....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 20:36   #4

got to mazatlan for repairing boat for a while.....now is the boring part.

life is an adventure meant to be LIVED!!!
Old 27-04-2016, 21:18   #5

Boat: Catalina 30

It's been several months. Is there
more to the story?
jongleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 22:00   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongleur View Post
It's been several months. Is there
more to the story?
found some necessary repairs to do and came to mazatlan. blew out genoa, otto died for part of trip, and......
but we got here just fine.
Old 27-04-2016, 22:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
found some necessary repairs to do and came to mazatlan. blew out genoa, otto died for part of trip, and......
but we got here just fine.
WOW, zeehag, I'm glad you made port ok. How are repair's going? If you need help from Stateside, just give a shout. At least you're in a cool place, hope all goes well.
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 23:11   #8

Boat: Sold, alas, because life happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
got to mazatlan for repairing boat for a while.....now is the boring part.

life is an adventure meant to be LIVED!!!
Purple Onion. We had lot's of good times in that place.
And don't have to drink to get out on the dance floor.
svmariane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 22:19   #9

Looking forward towards the next one!
rubbywilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 06:33   #10

looking for work crew. the folks i was using for helping me find what i need are too busy to help this year, as tuna boats need work too.

captainbri how are you doing these days?