Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2006, 11:04   #31
Kai Nui

So that's what all that noise from the north was So what were we talking about? Oh yea, Health. It has been years since I have eaten in a Canadian restaraunt. How do the proportions compare with US restaraunts? (Excluding the usual chains like McD's)
Old 17-06-2006, 14:00   #32

Boat: Sunray 25' KnottybuoyzII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Nui
It has been years since I have eaten in a Canadian restaraunt. How do the proportions compare with US restaraunts?
I also travel alot for work, but so far not out of Canada, so I really don't have a basis for comparison. Portions really depend on the restaurant. Last 2 trips I took were both to the east coast and for $14.00 the hotel restaurant you got an "average" size plate of food. Not too much food, nor too little. We are opening a couple of centers in the US next month, though, so I expect I will have to go when we get back from our holidays in August or September. Then I might have a basis for comparison.

I tend to be really frugal when we go out to a restaurant. One of our favourites is in the next little town where we can both have a nice dinner for around $20.00. Meat, veggies and either potatoes or rice. Or reallt good pasta. Tomorrow we are going to a father's day brunch that will cost us $20.. each and I will be no more satisfied from that meal than the one at half the price locally...but oh well, it is father's day
Knottygirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2006, 23:53   #33
Kai Nui

Unfortunately, I have not had any business in Canada, so I also have no basis for comparison, but that would be an interesting comparison. My company has a very liberal per diem so I have plenty of choices. It seems most restaraunts like to pile food onto a 12" plate with at least one additional plate of food. Most steaks at restaraunts are 16 oz or bigger, a baked potato is usually a large russet, and so on. 2 pounds of food is common for a restaraunt meal. It used to be, the better the restaraunt, the smaller portions, but that has changed over the past few years. No more Neuvaeu Cuisine.
Old 19-06-2006, 15:58   #34

Boat: Sunray 25' KnottybuoyzII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Nui
Most steaks at restaraunts are 16 oz or bigger,
Well there is one sure basis for comparison. Most restaraunts here offer steaks in 7 oz, 9 or 10 oz and 12. I would say 16 oz is normally not on the menu except in a very select few steak houses.

Lori, Rick and Shadow
Knottygirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2006, 19:17   #35
Kai Nui

Here, the 12 oz is considered the 'light eaters" portion.
Old 19-12-2008, 19:47   #36

Boat: grampian 26
I don't think Americans are sicker than any other nation. But I think the pharmaceutical companies would like you to think you are.It seems to me there is a new drug available for some new mystery disease every week advertised on tv. I'm no doctor but I for one have never heard of restless leg syndrome. I think the drug companies are trying to to turn us all into a bunch of paranoid hypochondriacs.
perchance is offline   Reply With Quote