Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2020, 06:27   #961

Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

If they have a "look at my sexy bikini" thumbnail I don't watch it. There is no value other than seeing skin and well, there are better sources for seeing that kind of stuff.

The last few episodes of sailing Nahoa have been pure gold. The process of going from a lagoon 380 to a small 22' monohull (corona boat) has been hilarious. Funnier than netflix. Them and Delos have really handeled and adapted this situation the best IMO. Of course they both have a new baby on board, so they have to adapt. The Wynns are also on the post corona content awards.
Old 11-08-2020, 03:23   #962

Riley and Elayna 'taking time apart'. Riley talks about his depression makesme respect the dude even more. Even though they are the superstars of youtube sailing I think riley is still a super down to earth honest dude.

Goes to show even with 1.5 million followers, a brand new outremer and elayna- you can still be depressed.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:47   #963

Here's a cure for the blues, kegger at SLV tonight, all welcome, woohoo!

sidenote, she's taking the tender with her?
Old 11-08-2020, 17:15   #964

Boat: no sail boat yet :(

Pfffft.

I ditched SLV when they still had thong photos even after the kid showed up. Grow up.

Just today I turned off all of my patreon memberships except Eric Anderaa and Sampson Boat Co. It sucks as some of those channels are great fun, but I can't justify it right now.
Old 11-08-2020, 23:25   #965

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat View Post
Pfffft.

I ditched SLV when they still had thong photos even after the kid showed up. Grow up.

Just today I turned off all of my patreon memberships except Eric Anderaa and Sampson Boat Co. It sucks as some of those channels are great fun, but I can't justify it right now.

Those are two channels that I watch, mostly because they're the real deal. No bikini thumbnails, no fluff, just real sailing and real boat building. Stopped watching LV a long time ago-pre baby- because I thought there was just to much phoniness, and quite frankly I found it boring.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:00   #966

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 42e

Always so reality TV dramatic at these big channels.... taking time apart? Doesn’t that insinuate more a decision to separate from each other like a ”temporary Breakoff” (I am not English speaking so please correct me if wrong). After watching the episode it more felt like any reasonable couple that needs to spend a night or two away from each other from time to time.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:14   #967

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat View Post
Pfffft.

Well Elayna is still young. Oddly Riley basically acts similar to me despite being older than Wynns, and Matt and Jess etc..

Due to the way they behave, when I first caught the Wynns, I thought they were mid-40s. Turns out Nikki is my age. Definitely a massive difference in behaviour compared to me and guys/girls that I hang out or party with.
Old 12-08-2020, 13:07   #968

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedefieslife View Post
Well Elayna is still young. Oddly Riley basically acts similar to me despite being older than Wynns, and Matt and Jess etc..

Due to the way they behave, when I first caught the Wynns, I thought they were mid-40s. Turns out Nikki is my age. Definitely a massive difference in behaviour compared to me and guys/girls that I hang out or party with.
Mid-40's???!!.....
Old 13-08-2020, 07:48   #969

Youtube liveaboard stars?

How old is nikki? EDIT: 33. They are actually famous enough to be easily searchable.
Old 13-08-2020, 08:28   #970

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
How old is nikki? EDIT: 33. They are actually famous enough to be easily searchable.
Now, about 38. I remember watching them before they bought their boat, as I was buying at the same time. They married very young, so I guess that matures you a bit. Riley is one I can imagine getting up to the kind of stuff I do on occasion, and that's the one channel I don't watch.

Of course it might just be difference in (drinking) culture between North Americans, and Europeans/Aussie.

Now a bit more on-topic: I've been enjoying Atticus recently. Was never interested in their journey at the start, but since being stuck in Panama, I've found their way of cruising interesting.

Mostly I don't watch stuff with lots of fishing, diving or exploring. I have no interest the first two, and second we, I do myself, or have done a lot of in the past. I'm more interested in challenges, complications. Something the channels with 'new' boats don't really offer.

Looking forward to the Wynns getting back to their boat. It needs a massive amount of work now, so curious to see how they will tackle that if/when they ever get to it. There have been new spikes of COVID in the region.
Old 13-08-2020, 08:50   #971

Youtube liveaboard stars?

Oh? Quick google says she was born in 1987 in texas. Riley in 1984.

She does look more 38 though. But maybe thats just the sun.
Old 14-09-2020, 14:30   #972

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Changing the subject, Erik the Viking is at it again on Just Sailing No Bull****

This time wandering around the Arctic for a summer holiday:

Old 14-09-2020, 14:49   #973

We've been watching Delos since day 1, don't really watch SLV any more, get a kick out of Sailing GBU but have been watching a lot of Sailing Zatara lately.

I've come to the conclusion that if they seem like they're doing it for the money I'm not really into them. Sailing Lazy Gecko comes to mind, not a fan.
Old 15-09-2020, 12:23   #974

I have been really enjoying "Salt and Tar" for a couple of years now watching them build a wooden sailboat from the ground up.

I think I like it because I always wanted to do that, but just never got the nerve up to try, and it's fun watching them do it.

https://saltandtar.org
Old 15-09-2020, 12:49   #975
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Mariner 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
I have been really enjoying "Salt and Tar" for a couple of years now watching them build a wooden sailboat from the ground up.

I think I like it because I always wanted to do that, but just never got the nerve up to try, and it's fun watching them do it.

https://saltandtar.org
Then, I recommend Acorn to Arabella. It is interesting to compare the craftsmanship between the two. There is no way I would try to build a boat myself, but the details are fascinating.
Closed Thread

Tags
liveaboard