Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2021, 08:56   #1261

Boat: Hunter 386
Re: Youtube liveaboard stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsailjt View Post
I have to say Iím a little disappointed you couldnít pony up with yet another horse reference for this post, oh well......
Wait..what???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Trite. Straight from the horse's mouth...
Old 15-01-2021, 09:57   #1262

wait...what??
....I thought we were discussing the dangers of not having a hot meal for two days......
Old 15-01-2021, 10:49   #1263

For some reason, YouTube programming showed me a video on how much money YouTuber's make. Or don't, as the case may be.

The person is making music videos and said she got about $1,300ish per million views. She also said that channels about making money make more money.

I would have thought that channels about music would be of more interest to advertisers compared to sailing videos.

One of the channels we do watch is Sailing Cadoha, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaD...qEi8LVWIRpo6sA, which ironically, just posted a video on how much they make on YouTube.

They said they have made around $2,500 per million views. They just got a million views. The problem is that it took them 16ish months and 70+ videos to earn $2,500. Getting rich fast, not.

They are making about $35 a video or $160 a month. Their videos are very good and clever. I would be shocked if they put less than eight hours in just editing so they are making well below the minimum wage. Flip side is that this IP(Intellectual Property) keeps paying them in the future as long as people keep watching

We also started watching Sailing Salty Sealass, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl9...Mr8i3yEeQsXicg, mostly because they are sailing and living in an area we have sailed in, want to return too, and they are also just fun to watch. Their videos are on sailing the area they are in but also doing boat chores. They have a VERY low number of views per video and have been doing this for a few years. Looks like they signed up four/five years ago and only have a bit over 166,000 views. Course, they are sailing in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, not sunny Pacific beaches so maybe that is why they have a low number of views. That and a lack of wearing thongs and I am not talking foot ware.

Later,
Dan
Old 15-01-2021, 11:58   #1264

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Wait..what???

LOL, Well thatís a horse of a different color, how could I possibly have missed that?!
Old 15-01-2021, 12:37   #1265

Dannc....yeah, that's a decent little bonus if you look at the video production as a hobby.... but seems like most of these folks are really counting on the patreon donations, because it's not much looking at it as payment for effort....

The passive income part of it though is what I'm kicking myself over.....
I've spent my life working salaried "career" type jobs... not punching the clock exactly, but certainly tied to a desk and a clock. For the last handfull of years I've been kicking myself for not steering myself into a "work from anywhere" job. Natural I suppose, with my perspective coming form my current job which is 100% computer based and there's really no reason I can't do it form anywhere with internet...except management doesn't want to play that game...
Anyway, I've spent the last handful of years thinking the ideal would be that sort of thing... a flexible work every day but on my own schedule & from anywhere type of job.
I can't believe it never dawned on me that the most ideal job involves passive income! I feel like such an idiot! At least I can start planting that idea in my kids' heads as something to consider....
Old 15-01-2021, 17:48   #1266

Sailing GBU, Sam Holmes, Emerald Steel, Wind Hippie, Christian Williams, Delos's first 7 years, Bums on a boat, Michael Jay Steen, Zoffinger

check them out and the above are in no particular order
Old 17-01-2021, 07:37   #1267

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannc View Post
One of the channels we do watch is Sailing Cadoha, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaD...qEi8LVWIRpo6sA, which ironically, just posted a video on how much they make on YouTube.

We also started watching Sailing Salty lass, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl9...Mr8i3yEeQsXicg, mostly because they are sailing and living in an area we have sailed in, want to return too, and they are also just fun to watch. Their videos are on sailing the area they are in but also doing boat chores. Later, Dan
Dan, we bumped into Cadoha in Brixham during August, but couldn't say anything on their channel less it let the secret out of their next destination.

I also follow the girls on Salty lass, they liked our yacht name April Lass too and like you spent a lot of time on the Antrim and Down waters. Practical and down to earth of two people on a modern yacht enjoying life do what you and I do, so easy to relate to.

Pete
Old 17-01-2021, 07:40   #1268

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Is this the original liveaboard series Although he did sink his boat in a rather remote location.

Likely to bring back memories for those of an age equal to a fine vintage:

Old 20-01-2021, 16:55   #1269

Sailing Hooters, I mean " Doodles " is back with a new well endowed sailing partner.

Bobby hasn't bought his new boat yet, still waiting for more free money. In the mean time, he's gonna video his chartering adventures with his new WELL endowed sailing partner. A partner who states she has a "passion" for sailing though she's never sailed. Should be fun....

Enjoy!
Old 21-01-2021, 05:48   #1270

Boat: Custom Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen411 View Post
Sailing Hooters, I mean " Doodles " is back with a new well endowed sailing partner.

Bobby hasn't bought his new boat yet, still waiting for more free money. In the mean time, he's gonna video his chartering adventures with his new WELL endowed sailing partner. A partner who states she has a "passion" for sailing though she's never sailed. Should be fun....

Enjoy!
Haha Bobby literally chooses new crew based on cup size😂 Everyone wins I guess...

N
Old 21-01-2021, 06:57   #1271
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausnp84 View Post
Haha Boobie literally chooses new crew based on cup size Everyone wins I guess...

N
There....Fixed it for you
Old 24-01-2021, 04:19   #1272

Boat: Mamba 36, 36ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamme View Post
Wow ó this is a whole other level. Delos and Isbjorn crews sailing to Svalbard (80 degrees North). Just finished watching; highly recommended.
https://80northseries.com
I really agree. We really appreciated this documentary about their trip.
Old 24-01-2021, 10:54   #1273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen411 View Post

Enjoy!
I'm glad I'm not single and sailing on my boat with various big boobed women all the time. Who wants to do that?

But, yeah, I call his channel, Sailing Boobies. If I sounds like I'm jealous, then that's probably because I probably am.
Old 24-01-2021, 16:37   #1274

Boat: '76 Allied Seawind II, 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
I'm glad I'm not single and sailing on my boat with various big boobed women all the time. Who wants to do that?

But, yeah, I call his channel, Sailing Boobies. If I sounds like I'm jealous, then that's probably because I probably am.

Being genetically endowed with danglies makes us jealous. Itís primal.
Old 24-01-2021, 17:03   #1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausnp84 View Post
Haha Bobby literally chooses new crew based on cup size�� Everyone wins I guess...

N
Yea! BTW....Bobbie met this latest gal while she was at work in a NYC flower shop.

"Hello, I'm Boobie, I mean Bobby....NICE rack you have there. Would you like to go sailing with me for free? Only thing you need to do is prance around in a bikini all day while showing off that most glorious and impressive set of mammaries you have. Oh, I will be filming the entire time"

Evidently works.

Tags
liveaboard