Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2019, 13:15   #1

WIFI suggestions for liveaboards in Vancouver, BC ???

Bonjourno!

My partner and I are about to acquire our first vessel and will be moving aboard this coming summer. Moorage is in Richmond. Any folks living aboard in the area have any suggestions re: wifi? The marina we are at does not provide and we would like a decent connection (uploading photo/video, streaming Netflix, etc.). We don't need connectivity for cruising, just for our little home in the river.

Much thanks,

Jake
jakethesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 13:23   #2

Boat: Hunter 386
Re: WIFI suggestions for liveaboards in Vancouver, BC ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake View Post
Bonjourno!

My partner and I are about to acquire our first vessel and will be moving aboard this coming summer. Moorage is in Richmond. Any folks living aboard in the area have any suggestions re: wifi? The marina we are at does not provide and we would like a decent connection (uploading photo/video, streaming Netflix, etc.). We don't need connectivity for cruising, just for our little home in the river.

Much thanks,

Jake
Have you checked with Telus/Shaw? Shaw had already run some cable dockside to our moorage in Victoria so running able to the boat was easy. We just coiled it up dockside when we headed out.

Tags
liveaboard, vancouver, wifi