Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2017, 06:27   #46

Boat: a sailing boat
Re: Where are All the Americans?

So, their flock returning from the Med - will they somehow fly over that wall, or are we bound to accept them in the EU as 'wall refugees'?

You know, refugees are trouble: they drag their religions, mindsets and preconceptions.

We can afford feeding them here (as a poster above mentioned: cheap food and wine abound), but can we afford the social and political disruption they bring along?

Who knows, maybe our civilisation will end up exactly where it started, in the Med, flooded by US cruisers refugees. ;-) ;-) ;-)

As long as they are 20 years old, female and Texan, I am OK with this though. I am looking forward to some grabbing.

;-) ;-) ;-)

b.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:29   #47
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Where are All the Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Go View Post
Don't think for a single minute this is what most Americans want.
Only the very rich or the very stupid, not your average sailor.
It's my belief that most people of the world want the exact same 3 things
1. The wherewithal to earn a decent living
2. To see their children grow up safe and healthy
3. To be left alone
Cheers
Neil
From my viewpoint (small as it is).. things are being stirred up way out off proportion by people chasing their own agendas rather than the good of their country.. be it Trump or Brexit.
All they do is aid the opposition abroad by dividing and weakening their own strength.
What's done is done.. get over it and work for your country.. and for its future.. success does not come with constant negative thought.. suicide does.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:32   #48

Boat: 1984 Merit 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahag View Post
It's tempting to take our flag down.
I would say that taking your ISIS flag down would be a very good idea.

Where are all the Americans? I suggest that they may be at the gun store?

Aarrrgh!
Old 03-02-2017, 06:32   #49

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

It's the old saying. You can't get there from here. I can however get to the dock but it's too cold to paint. Furthermore, I think there's a notice to Mariners since Sailorboy headed down the ditch. Folks are giving him some space to enjoy his freedom:-).
Old 03-02-2017, 06:38   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post

I received a 25% pay increase the week the US presidency changed hands along with all the overtime hours I'm willing to work. Life is good.
Add that to the 100% encouragement increase, and we are truly Blessed!
Old 03-02-2017, 06:38   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd1 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of US boats are staying in US waters these days ... one never knows if one is allowed back into the US .....
This comment shows how ignorant you and authors of similar comments are. Do you even know of any of the countries on the list.The countries listed in the travel ban have no diplomatic ties with the US, they have unstable Governments and no or very poor records of their citizens. Do you propose we just let anybody hop on a plane and fly to our country without any creditable identification, we did that for a couple centuries, it hasn't worked out well. The hypocrisy of so many people is amazing, any of you ever have a deep thought or maybe an original though? Get over yourselves.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:43   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaangus View Post
This comment shows how ignorant you and authors of similar comments are. Do you even know of any of the countries on the list.The countries listed in the travel ban have no diplomatic ties with the US, they have unstable Governments and no or very poor records of their citizens. Do you propose we just let anybody hop on a plane and fly to our country without any creditable identification, we did that for a couple centuries, it hasn't worked out well. The hypocrisy of so many people is amazing, any of you ever have a deep thought or maybe an original though? Get over yourselves.
Ditto!
Old 03-02-2017, 06:47   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
From my viewpoint (small as it is).. things are being stirred up way out off proportion by people chasing their own agendas rather than the good of their country.. be it Trump or Brexit.
All they do is aid the opposition abroad by dividing and weakening their own strength.
What's done is done.. get over it and work for your country.. and for its future.. success does not come with constant negative thought.. suicide does.
While I don't always agree with your opinions I know you are capable of original thought and deep thinking and you have it right in this case.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:47   #54

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddythetwig View Post
I've always been baffled by the American culture in this regard (I'm American). I've done both the SE Asia and European backpacking circuit thing, and you hardly ever see a fellow American out there roughing it in the shitty hostels. Literally every country can be represented in the group you go out to a bar with at night, but the Americans.

I once asked my good friend why he didn't take some time to travel. After all of the standard excuses(not enough time, money, etc) he admitted that he found it pointless to leave the US, because he believed that he could "meet all those cool types of people right here".
American's are taught that anything outside the borders is pure death. This is reinforced in the nightly news. You should have heard the BS when I told family and friends I was moving to Mexico.

American's (for the most part) are soft. One of my co-workers said she stayed at a Motel 6 once, it was "almost as bad as camping".

While you can't group everyone under one label any "adventure" spirit in America is the exception not the rule. It's just impossible to survive outside a 5 mile radius of a Starbucks, you'll burst into flames.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:47   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaangus View Post
Considering that most Americans forefathers came over for the last couple of centuries including your President it would seem that immigration has been very good for the USA. Your vetting system is the toughest in the world, nothing to cause worry for you.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:54   #56
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Where are All the Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert sailor View Post
Considering that most Americans forefathers came over for the last couple of centuries including your President it would seem that immigration has been very good for the USA. Your vetting system is the toughest in the world, nothing to cause worry for you.
Bill & Hill would disagree..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:55   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert sailor View Post
How can vetting be done without legitimate records?
Old 03-02-2017, 07:02   #58

Boat: Gulf 32

I know where you can find a lot of Americans The Mooring fields on the west coast of Florida are packed all the way down into the keys and you know what going to the Bahamas which was everybody's plan even the Bahamas are getting pissy about the way things go Mexico is also like we don't want you here however Belize and Guatemala seem to have a lot of people from the US so anyway that's my observation from the West Coast of Florida
Old 03-02-2017, 07:23   #59

We are going to build a reef, it's going to be great, I mean really great and we will make the pirates pay for it.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:33   #60

Boat: right now 2 14' lasers

Reef! Big reef! Lmao!
Closed Thread