Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2020, 10:26   #1

Boat: Bayliner 3870 41' oal.
What Hotspot?

Where I’am at on the Mississippi River there isn’t broadcast TV available. I have Directv dish on the boat with the follow me system to hold the signal. Truthful not much worth watching on the Directv system. I have Amazon prime with Acorn and Britbox streaming at home but I spend way more time on the boat. Does anyone have suggestions for a service that is actually unlimited? AT&T phone service works very well in the large majority of areas I cruise with the exception of northern Iowa and southern Minnesota. I may be looking for a unicorn something that doesn’t exist in the real world. I use my phone with AT&T service but using it as a hotspot they slow the data down so it’s unusable. A friend says Consumer Cellular uses AT&T towers but is cheaper, any truth to that? The marina has no wifi so the hotspot will also be used with security cameras when I’am not there especially the winter months. Thank you for your sharing your experiences.
River Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 13:37   #2

Boat: Ocean Alexander Mk1 extended 55'
Re: What Hotspot?

We have Xfinity at home. Use our hotspot on the boat and can view on a tablet same as watching at home using the Xfinity App. Wife recently upgraded to a phone with 5G and made it a hotspot too. We watch movies at night and she keeps up with the politics during the day. Works very well
dw1979 is offline   Reply With Quote