Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 08:20   #61

Boat: Allied Seawind II 32'
Re: What Does the Name of Your Boat Say About You?

S.V. Ambitious. We bought our Allied Seawind II down around Port Charlotte, FL and sailed her back to Mobile Bay (Fairhope, AL). Throughout the trip, we would comment to each other that some aspect of whatever was happening at the moment was "ambitious" for us as new boat owners, so it stuck.
Suzanc815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 14:27   #62

Boat: Simonis 50

There was this man in the distance dressed in a long robe. His hair was pure white, almost silver which glowed in the light. His right hand was in the air as if to stop my progress. In his hand was seven stars which shined with brilliant intensity, his feet shimmered like polished copper and he was getting closer but without any movement or seeming mobility. A calm and peaceful man, not friendly but also not unfriendly, a stranger but also seems like a friend from far distant memories. His eyes were alive, very alive and threw sparkles towards me. His face had a glow and illuminance never seen before. I became aware of a new sensation, a feeling of peace and total calmness descended upon me. I was content, happy and quite satisfied in this place of nothingness where I found myself. This was such a deep level of contentment and peace as never experienced before.

Then, at a flip of a light switch, he was gone and I no longer saw anything. But now there was this dull distant drone of voices I could hear. They were talking but I was too far away and unable to understand or comprehend what they were saying.

Then all hell broke loose as I felt intense pain in my chest - similar to what it might feel like when a horse kicks you at full power in the chest. A quick gasp of air and then I let rip .... "F**k-it" I shouted and the fight was on. But many hands were holding me down, restraining me, telling me to relax and calm down. I open my eyes and saw many faces looking down at me.

Where was I?
I was in hospital having a medical procedure done. About 2 hours after waking up from the procedure gone wrong, in the intensive care ward, I had an heart attack. Somewhere between my ticker temporarily stopping and me getting attacked by a medical staff member with a this "horse" fribulator (9 shocks later), in great detail I saw the man describe above. During visiting hours, discussing the event, I told friends and family about what I saw. Some 2 days later, a close friend visits me again - this time telling me that the man I described is mentioned in the Bible - Revelation 1:13.

That is when I knew what the name of my yacht should be - Revelations.
svrevelations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 15:14   #63

Boat: Freya double ender 40 ft

Our boat is Capricorn Dancer and alludes to where we are located, cant stand the name but have got used to it, I would call it Ava cheap on the lettering and good for spelling out to coast guard etc... but have to do paper work to change it (Ava is not a girls name) My last boat was called Marabout and between those 2 names lies my back ground.
Dulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 15:42   #64
CLOD

Boat: none

the name of my boat says I can make fun of of it and don't need CF members to help me do it :-)
Old 07-06-2013, 09:57   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanc815 View Post
S.V. Ambitious. We bought our Allied Seawind II down around Port Charlotte, FL and sailed her back to Mobile Bay (Fairhope, AL). Throughout the trip, we would comment to each other that some aspect of whatever was happening at the moment was "ambitious" for us as new boat owners, so it stuck.
Your path your boat is very interesting to me, as I am planning on taking a boat from Mobile Bay, AL to Port Charlotte!

Closing on the boat by end of the month and making the offer on a house in Port Charlotte by end of the day.

PeaceMaker is the name of the boat. At this point, I am not going to rename her. If I do, it will be AbacoMyst. As I have a deep love of the Abacos and I am a bit mysterious and the thought of a sailboat sailing through the mist is very intriguing to me.

Tom
Teamstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:09   #66

Boat: Van De Stadt Excalibur 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluewaters2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
the name of my boat says I can make fun of of it and don't need CF members to help me do it :-)
Lol Don, as long as the boat doesn't make fun of you then.
Bluewaters2812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:21   #67

Boat: Celestial 48

Understand that your boat name becomes your last name.

e.g., Dennis and Sherie of Ahmeek

Same way for everyone - so don't want one of the stupid "Wet Dream" kind of names.
Dennis.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:12   #68

Boat: Bruce Roberts 434
Send a message via Skype™ to capttman
Gaitweigh, yes the ocean is the gateway of the world but in order to get there I needed to make money, breeding horses, thus Gait then we must weigh the anchor to go , ahhh so me boat is Gaitweigh....

"When the bow be in the trees we'll be running out of seas"
capttman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:40   #69

Boat: 1990 Ericson 32-200
Send a message via Skype™ to DennisM

My boat came with this name. I liked it, so decided to keep it. But that was before all the fuss about the "morning after" pill...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	538773_3878440077826_1675255984_n.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	62070  
Old 07-06-2013, 12:07   #70

Boat: Bluewater 420 CC

Sabbatical II because Sabbatical (without the "II") was already taken as an Australian registered ship and we've planned to take this boat outside Australia. Sabbatical was originally a Jewish term implying a time of rest. In fact the Jewish Sabbath was in fact a rest from any kind of work. A sabbatical in modern times seems to have been adopted by the academic profession (not really me) as a year off to travel, relax and further one's knowledge in a particular field. This very aptly describes exactly what I am currently doing with the boat.
Old 07-06-2013, 16:18   #71

Boat: Kingston Aluminum Yacht 44' Custom

After joining 4 boating forums in the last month, I can tell you, that every single one of these names says a lot about you guys, and this forum. You're hands down, the classiest bunch out there. Thank you.

I swear, if I see 'cirrhosis of the river' or 'aquaholic' one more time, somebody's getting their eyes scratched out.

I'm thinking of calling mine 'Wayfarer.'
Dave0549jv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 16:29   #72
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'
Re: What does the name of your boat say about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahLee View Post
Named for my wife. My mama didn't raise no fool. Whatever you name her make sure you christen her and give Neptune an offering.

Not me. If I'm not going to pray to the God most Americans believe in I'm certainly not going to make offerings to Neptune.
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 17:05   #73

Boat: Allied Seawind II 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamstone View Post
Your path your boat is very interesting to me, as I am planning on taking a boat from Mobile Bay, AL to Port Charlotte!

Closing on the boat by end of the month and making the offer on a house in Port Charlotte by end of the day.

PeaceMaker is the name of the boat. At this point, I am not going to rename her. If I do, it will be AbacoMyst. As I have a deep love of the Abacos and I am a bit mysterious and the thought of a sailboat sailing through the mist is very intriguing to me.

Tom
Have a great trip. We loved all of it, especially Port St. Joe. Fair winds and following seas!
Suzanc815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 17:13   #74

Boat: Solar 40ft Cat :)

Thought this was a good one:

"So i been working on this old woody.
I think im going to name it:
For Sale
Or
Make Offer
What name would you choose?"
Old 07-06-2013, 17:22   #75

Boat: 1991 Californian 52CPMY

Hi everybody. My first boat was a Catalina 30 named Breeze. I renamed her Sundance. My second boat was a Catalina 36 named Wild Wind, a name that I kept. My current boat was named Odyssey when I bought her, and this name does say a lot about me. I bought her to travel the oceans, and will be casting off for Mexico in the fall. South Pacific will follow after that, so an Odyssey is what I will be on .

Cheers, Bill
montenido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paracelle