Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2017, 15:23   #1

Boat: 40 Trojan International
Temp Dockage along South East ICW

Hi all, my husband and I were going to sail our boat up the coast, but wind conditions may make it too rough for our first trip out with our sailboat. so have decided to motor up the ICW, but we only have the weekends now because of how long it took to get her ready. We are looking for anyone on here that may have or know someone who could rent us a dock for about 4 days along our route. We will be leaving Riviera Beach Marina Sat. morning and goal is to get at least 100 miles up the ICW by sunday. Thanks for any info and help. Good day All!
carebear1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 00:10   #2

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
Re: Temp Dockage along South East ICW

With all the bridges on that stretch 100 miles will be hard to do in a day. Best to sail from lake Worth to ft Pierce and leave the boat in Vero Beach on a mooring.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 02-03-2017, 04:42   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya

We like Melbourne Harbor Marina for a short transient stay in the area 100 miles north of Lake Worth. Pelican Harbor Marina has better rates, but maybe not a space available. Good luck with the private dock search, but finding such a resource can be difficult. Indian River does offer a number of fairly safe anchorages, but that requires shore access and a different level of security concerns.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:19   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson Force View Post
We like Melbourne Harbor Marina for a short transient stay in the area 100 miles north of Lake Worth. Pelican Harbor Marina has better rates, but maybe not a space available. Good luck with the private dock search, but finding such a resource can be difficult. Indian River does offer a number of fairly safe anchorages, but that requires shore access and a different level of security concerns.
Thanks Hudson. We appreciate the info.[emoji2]
Old 02-03-2017, 05:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
With all the bridges on that stretch 100 miles will be hard to do in a day. Best to sail from lake Worth to ft Pierce and leave the boat in Vero Beach on a mooring.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Thanks Vasco. But I should have cleared that. We are going to do 50 miles on Saturday and 50 on Sunday.[emoji2]
Old 02-03-2017, 05:29   #6

Boat: Camano Troll

If you join Active Captain, you can look along your route for marinas, free docks and anchorages. It you'll be leaving your boat unattended, you probably want a marina for security reasons.

All the marinas are listed and in most cases, the rates are listed as well. You could call and try to negotiate a better rate if that's what you need.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:54   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
If you join Active Captain, you can look along your route for marinas, free docks and anchorages. It you'll be leaving your boat unattended, you probably want a marina for security reasons.

All the marinas are listed and in most cases, the rates are listed as well. You could call and try to negotiate a better rate if that's what you need.
Yeah. That's why we are looking for private docks as well because where she's at now at $91.00 a Day really hurts the pocketbook. Lol. Thanks .
Old 02-03-2017, 06:23   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear1968 View Post
Yeah. That's why we are looking for private docks as well because where she's at now at $91.00 a Day really hurts the pocketbook. Lol. Thanks .
I don't now your overall length, but you should be able to find $1.50 to $1.75 per foot at a daily transient rate as you head north of Stuart, Florida.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:29   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson Force View Post
I don't now your overall length, but you should be able to find $1.50 to $1.75 per foot at a daily transient rate as you head north of Stuart, Florida.
The length is 39 ft. I will look o to some. Thanks
Old 02-03-2017, 09:07   #10

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear1968 View Post
Hi all, my husband and I were going to sail our boat up the coast, but wind conditions may make it too rough for our first trip out with our sailboat. so have decided to motor up the ICW, but we only have the weekends now because of how long it took to get her ready. We are looking for anyone on here that may have or know someone who could rent us a dock for about 4 days along our route. We will be leaving Riviera Beach Marina Sat. morning and goal is to get at least 100 miles up the ICW by sunday. Thanks for any info and help. Good day All!
How was the trip down the New River? Sounds like you got out safely :-)

Regards,
David.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
Davidhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:12   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhoy View Post
How was the trip down the New River? Sounds like you got out safely :-)

Regards,
David.
We had to be towed back to the river but we did get up to Riviera beach. Heading back down to motor up the river hopefully 100 miles o we the weekend. Thanks [emoji2]

Tags
dock, icw