Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2019, 18:39   #31

Boat: Gemini 105 MC
Re: Step one buy boat...step two??? Step three sailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus Eater View Post
Morning all, pleasure to meet you. I’ll be moving aboard a cal 2-29 in May. I’m moving down to me here in key west from marathon that time frame. I am lucky enough to have met a captain who has taken me out numerous times and has offered to brave this shakedown cruise with me. I plan to move it to Key west and then put it on the hard while I have a survey done.
Good luck to you Paul. I'm a new sailor in Key West. It's beautiful here. Enjoy!!!
Lesliesailsaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 22:16   #32

Boat: SY Wake: 53' Amel Super Maramu

All good advice so I've nothing to add... Except that Lotus Eater was #2 on our name list but I was outvoted 😅
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 17:49   #33

Hello again all. It’s been a busy weekend cleaning , the former owner had a dog or collected dog hair, one or the other. But, we have her cleaned out. My captain buddy is coming this weekend to help go over all the systems and prep her for the trip from marathon to key west for a haul out. I’ll have some pictures to come. Thank you all for the many suggestions which are now part of my ever growing to do list.
Lotus Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 20:56   #34

Hi there,
I too am about o become a first time yacht owner, I love this thread, it taught me soooo much. I hope your voyage went went and the haul out was non eventful (no issues to be found). Keep us updated, best of luck
Shady Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 20:07   #35

Boat: Moody, 33 MK1, 10mtrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus Eater View Post
Hello everyone, my name is Paul and after a few years dreaming I happened into a situation where I now have a sailboat. This just happened and I am super excited about being able to be able to start cruising. Here’s my problem, I’ve done my asa101 class , but, I’m just smart enough to know that I don’t know anything. I’d love to hear from you guys about some steps I need to take and some things to think about. I’m going to take a marine diesel course at my local community college as well as marine electric. I plan to haul the boat out next week and get a survey done (it turns out wandering docks for two years introduces you to many helpful people), but as far as experience I have basically none. Thanks to everyone for any help.
boating dreams 10 the journey, amazon.
Dignity too is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, sail, sailing