Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2018, 13:33   #1

South Carolina Liveaboards

My girlfriend and I purchased a 74 steel bottom Stardust Cruiser and have been renovating it for the past 3 months or so. Our instagram for the boat renovation is: Houseboat_livin if you want to give us a follow. So far we love it. We have done ALL of the work ourselves and I plan on keeping it that way.

Completely renovated the bedroom and bathroom. Walls received brand new paneling, 2" polystyrene insulation at the hull, gfci outlets and Sherwin paint. Factory windows have cellular blinds and will eventually have Llumar ceramic tint. Shaw waterproof laminate "Franklin Hickory" floors were installed on top of underlayment (even though it didn't call for it).

We added an extra foot onto the bathroom to make up for the space used by the new, full sized one piece shower stall. We installed a Masterflush macerating toilet and 18 gallon holding tank. All 12v devices are powered off of a power supply (shower pump, toilet, toilet solenoid valve). Hot water is supplied by a propane tankless water heater located in the closet behind the shower. Bathroom light fixture is a modern fixture modified with a fan pull switch. The fan pull switch turns on the light and two 160mm ball bearing fans that push air from the bedroom to the bathroom to keep those using the bathroom comfortable on hot days and also pushes shower steam out of the bathroom window. Hoping to have the sink and cabinets installed in the next few days.

We will be installing a washer and dryer eventually. Normal sized units. I have an LG dryer that I'm converting to lpg.

Here's the sad: The inboard engine was pulled years ago and the opening was welded shut. Eventually we plan on installing 1 or 2 outboard 40-50hp motors to putt around on the lake. For now we're just focusing on the cosmetics while keeping in mind that we'd like to be on the water eventually, so everything has to be usable on/off the dock.

Good news: at some point in its life, the interior floors were completely replaced and the circuit panel was updated. However, previous owners did have some questionable electrical abilities and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a roll of electrical tape. More good news, the boat was pulled from the water many years ago and replated and coated. However it was many years ago.

I'm looking for anyone in the Lake Wylie area that knows anyone that pulls these monsters out of the lake! As I'd like to blast it and repair and problem areas in the Hopefully near future!

Again, our instagram is: Houseboat_livin

Thanks for viewing!
Houseboat_Livin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard