Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2016, 10:47   #16
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: SoCal to Mexico: liveaboard & sailling

i enjoyed my time at los encantados, altho i was on the beach at a campo. fishing is awesome, and water very clear. beach goes on forever in low tide, so do not anchor close in if you wish to easily sail off in 2 hours or so. eyesight and depth sounder beat
gps here.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:32   #17

Boat: Catalina 42

Lots of American cruisers spend extended time in Mexico.
What effect does a Trump as POTUS have for American cruisers in Mexico?

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Amnesia II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:05   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia II View Post

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
trump as potus means we get to again vote. that will be guaranteed whereas it wasnot with the wannabe dicktater at the helm.
usa desperately needs a change from the rabid rampant corruptionwhich has infested the govt on so many levels.
what trump will bring is a change.
at first the dollar to peso exchange rate will be impressive until the planet realizes usa is becoming stronger and more united with a non corrupt president who wishes LEGAL immigration., as usa reunites and optimizes.
we have faced incredible anti americanism for more than 8 years as bush junior and obama have steered usa towards globalization and exec ordered away specific civil and constitutional rights.
they also steered us toward shariah law and disintegration of us constitution, per exec orders made striping away our rights as citizens in preparation for their baby named globalization.
whew. that part is over.
for now.
what is coming for us as visitors in mexico is still unknown. at first the exchange rate will grossly favor us, as mexico is in a depressed state. we topped 20 pesos to the dollar last night at about 2300 hours on election night, after announcement of the winning candidate..
wow
is soo goood for us but bad for mexico.
i have watched as turismo declines over the years i have been here. i hope folks give up their fears and get back out cruising and spending money in turismo.
over time we will see any real changes--however i think we will all be good, especially once trump shows mexico he is not what dnc portrayed him to being.
at least he didnt sell stingers to isis. at least he didnt share in the child sex ring madness of the clintons. thank the gods for wikileaks so we can have a nation for the next 4 yrs.
wikileaks is something all need to read. clarifies many things.
cross your fingers as i am doing so we can strengthen usa and end the divisiveness caused by one political party machine pushing its corruption onto the planet.
how will this effect mexico??i hope favorably as folks here are having a real difficulty making a living and keeping their families in clothing and housing.

now--as peso is on the rise against usdollar--come on down everyone and support our neighbors' economy
Old 09-11-2016, 07:56   #19

Boat: Cape George pilothouse 36 and a Cape Dory 25

I am of the opinion that when Trump backs out of Nafta and quits paying Mexico to fight the our drug war that Mexico will no longer have the huge army presence they display in so many tourist areas, and those areas will return to the not so distant past when the cartels threw as many as 20 severed heads on the street at a time in front of Hussongs in Ensenada. Not that I won't continue going there, I lived in Nicaragua 25 years when there was post war chaos and we all carried guns and the local benevolent society near my house, YATAMA, rounded up all the Doctors Without Borders, and their borderless nurses, within 50 miles or so, and murdered them and mutilated their bodies. Eventually they shot up my house and I came home though. I bet boat burglaries rise a lot in the next few years. That is just my take on it, I hope I am wrong as we will be back, at least passing through soon.
fatherchronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:57   #20
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia II View Post
Nada....don't buy the Media hype.
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:04   #21

Boat: Cape George pilothouse 36 and a Cape Dory 25

The media hype was Trump's campaign promises. And the conclusions are only mine, I don't even own a TV. I spent a lot of time in the Latin Third World in the eighties and early ninties, in 4 pretty much wartorn countries, and wherever there are really desperate folks it ain't too safe. Ending Nafta will put, I bet, between 10 and 20 million Mexicans out of work, with little hope of more work.
fatherchronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:31   #22

Location: Mountains south of Campo. South East of TKT in Baja.
Boat: 45 ft., Leopard

Campaign promises are one thing. Running a country is something else. US is Mexico's largest customer, but Mexico buys more from US then it sells. Trade balance is in US favor. The problem is no one knows, as changes are made, how and whom it is going to affect on either side of the border, and to what degree. The markets do not like this! I believe it is going to take time for things to develop. People will adjust as things change. As far as cruisers and tourists are concerned, the exchange rate will be in their favor. As far as living in Mexico, I believe it is going to be "same sh-t, different day". Chances are most people will not see much difference. I have lived on the border my whole life. Changes will be felt here first. Interesting times!
fuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:34   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherchronica View Post
I am of the opinion that when Trump backs out of Nafta and quits paying Mexico to fight the our drug war that Mexico will no longer have the huge army presence they display in so many tourist areas, and those areas will return to the not so distant past when the cartels threw as many as 20 severed heads on the street at a time in front of Hussongs in Ensenada. Not that I won't continue going there, I lived in Nicaragua 25 years when there was post war chaos and we all carried guns and the local benevolent society near my house, YATAMA, rounded up all the Doctors Without Borders, and their borderless nurses, within 50 miles or so, and murdered them and mutilated their bodies. Eventually they shot up my house and I came home though. I bet boat burglaries rise a lot in the next few years. That is just my take on it, I hope I am wrong as we will be back, at least passing through soon.
mexican people hate nafta and the deficits it created. there are more out of work mexicans now than before.
trump has no influence on cartel activity, nor does any usa president have any influence on cartel activity other than financing it via drug and arms wars and trafficking wars-- hell with usa dollars these enterprises flourished many decades. it is time to stop funding the drug/.trafficking/arms wars.

Tags
cal, liveaboard, Mexico, sail