Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2022, 17:48   #1

Boat: Schionning Design, Arrow 1201 12M
Small Washing Machines

Does anyone have any experience with or know anything about the Lava-Seca Electrolux Lse03 Mini Washing machine. It seems to be available in Brazil. It looks very similar to the Daewoo Mini washing machine although it is available in 120volt.
Thank you
Explorer Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2022, 18:51   #2

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20
Re: Small Washing Machines

Welcome.

I would suggest updating your profile with your general location and your boat make & model or “Looking” in the "Boat" category. This info shows up under your UserName in every post in the web view. Many questions are boat and/or location dependent and having these tidbits under your UserName saves answering those questions repeatedly. If you need help setting up your profile then click on this link: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3308797

I would happily help more if the link above is not enough.

Sorry, no opinion about the washing machine.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 12:40   #3

Did you have any luck finding out more information about this washing machine? It looks very interesting
Download7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 17:27   #4

Boat: Schionning Design, Arrow 1201 12M

I still have not received any comments
Explorer Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 17:59   #5

Location: Currently cruising the Philippines, just got back from PNG & Solomons
Boat: Wauquiez 45' (now 48') catamaran
Send a message via Skype™ to Jon Hacking

Hi Dave. Sorry, I don't know anything about that washing machine. But...

Out here in the developing world, we can't usually get marine units so we just get domestic units. There are twin-tub machines (one tub agitates for washing or rinsing, the other smaller tub is for spinning) or automatics, which can come either front or top opening.

Top opening washers are cheaper ($250+) & lighter, but also use more water (12 gal/fill for our 17 lb washer). Front opening (horizontal-axis) washers are heavier & $350+ but use much less water.

Our doors are narrow enough (18") that we could only get the cheapest, tiniest twin-tub machine down below, & we wanted better quality than that. But if you're looking for a cheap unit, washing by hand is easy (toilet plunger & a bucket), so all you really need is just a spinner/wringer.

Our fo'c's'le hatches are 2' (60cm) on a side, which turns out to be just big enough for most automatics (out here). I had to build it a small shelf (for the back feet only) & strap it to a bulkhead so the tub was completely above water-level, as these units generally don't pump their used water out, they just open a valve & let it drain out by gravity.

Our first one, bought in Venezuela in 2002, was 115v, but now all units out here are 230vAC & most are Chinese, so I bought a 500W 2:1 transformer so my ancient Heart 1,500W inverter could run it (this also lets us use local power-tools & kitchen appliances like blenders). We try to get machines with plastic sides, as our first one had to be thrown away when the sides completely rusted away (although it actually lasted the longest, at about 8 years).

Hope this helps!
Old 05-03-2022, 01:44   #6

Boat: ISLAND PACKET SP CRUISER

We have had two twin tub units, one on the previous boat, one on this one. Almost ten years use, no problems.

They may look cheap, being plastic, but they wash really clean and are trouble free. They both lived on the OE shower seat on the Heads/Shower unit of our Island Packet 350 and our current IP SP Cruiser.

When we have shorepower or generator power First mate fills with hot water from the shower pipe, washes, drains down the shower drain, rinses, drains again, then spins, again draining down the shower drain.

Works for us and is not too heavy on water or electrical power use.

The second, slightly larger model, came from Amazon and was £90 Stirling delivered to home. Now done six seasons.

We like KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.........................
rotrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 17:21   #7

Boat: Endeavour 42

Costway
Full-Automatic Laundry Wash Machine Washer, Spinner with Drain Pump

$249.99 at Walmart
ovidiunelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 17:31   #8

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Fiberglas shattering 44' steel trawler

We use this Haier ventless washer-dryer. It's small, 2 cubic feet, heavy (bear lowering it into the forward cabin), and does not quite get the clothes bone dry, but it's ventless and no toy.

https://www.haierappliances.com/appl...mbo-HLC1700AXW
Old 09-04-2022, 21:07   #9

Boat: Looking to buy

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...at-221216.html

I have seen several of different size and capacities of these units in Cuba (115v) and Thailand (220v) never thought I would be quoting them, cheap, but unbalance easily and require more labor than standard wash machine.
Drek4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
washing