Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2018, 08:07   #196
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Single Women Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i am impressed. i received thanks from FEMALES on my postings. 8 of em. thankyou fro the thankyous, ladies.
women can do anything we want to do. that is what krimps guys shorts. sorry guys, you did this.
males compartmentalize women. they put us into a box on a shelf expecting us to remain there.
sorry we move around and we are able to do whatever we want to do.
once a woman understands this little concept, she is on her way to whatever she wants. kind of makes brains of males itch some, as they are mortified when women do fun stuff. oh yeah, you are all gung ho on having wifee learn sailing. then you are pissed when she is better than you are. hahahahaha gotta love it.

because we are women, we are forced to be more wary. we need to keep our wits when all around us turns to horsepoops. at least horsepoops are safe compost for the garden. unfortunately horsepoops live all around us and do nothing positive for gardens. these things want to fix our boats ( so they never work correctly again) and they want to take care of us ( so we donot run away hahaha) and they want to show their pride.
pride is all well and good until it gets in the way of rational thinking.
all this has only reconfirmed that which has been known many many decades.. that pride and affect are the preventers of relationships of any kind. pride prevents input absorption.
ever hear of that book how to win friends and influence people??
you ALL should find and read that antique treasure. as well as some other antiquated writings of same ilk. i'm ok-you're ok is a good start. be here now is also a good one. these are basics of independent growth.
perhaps if you are intelligent you MIGHT see some of the games being played by means of the writings presented.
all personalities aside, there are many women out here doing that about which information is being sought. there are many sources of information. dissing a woman out HERE doing that which has been requested is not how to win friends and influence people, nor how to learn. want to LEARN something, immersion always works. just be wary of the ones in whom you place so much faith. they could well be snake oil sales persons.
open minds and common sense are required for learning, as is the ability to think for ones self. choose gurus wisely.
i came into boating lifestyle despite others and before the BOOKS were written teaching unnecessarily how to live on a boat. how to cruise on a strict budget and all the allegedly informative books teaching of the lifestyle of the writers are common , now.
it is also not how to learn what is real out here, which is a different world from the desks so many of you drive. real life is also different from writings of those who have gone before... the relevance, for example, of heavy weather sailing on an engineless boat being used for heavy weather sailing a boat with engine. the 2 are different. choose input wisely.
we each get from this life that which we invest into it.
What 'Normal' people who have not experienced personally, or been on the edge off the ripple effects that abuse of all types involve.. they cannot begin to accept how deeply it pervades society.. it ruffles their comfort zone's too much..
My mother would have been unable to accept the fact that the vicar in charge of our 'Boarders' section of my school in Lahore was an alcoholic who smoked Afghan black to get to sleep and was 90% of the time oblivious to what was happening around him when we got back after the school day finished.. anymore than she would have been capable of accepting what went on for decades with other church, school, management and political officials because it went against her faith in the Establishment.
Children were told to stop lying and get their act together and.. in some case's whupped for telling lies.. so you learnt to keep quiet and just survive.
Its more comfortable for the 'Normal's' to believe its just a tiny fringe element yet almost every day now there's a respected Football coach, Church leader, Olympic doctor, Politician, Musician, Charity worker etc etc being exposed as a abuser in one form or another.
They were only able to do this because of unbelieving collusion by 'Normal' people.
Until you walk in someone's shoes you do not know the rocky road they may have travelled and, the blisters suffered along the way.
But hey.. its just a joke right..???

Born To Be Wild.. Double Click on the picture.
boatman61 is online now   Reply
Old 15-02-2018, 08:42   #197

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: Single Women Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look

NIce post Phil

Im not discussing world wrongs, just singular issues here.

i am impressed. i received thanks from FEMALES on my postings. 8 of em. thankyou fro the thankyous, ladies.

I am impressed. I received at least double that from men and women on my post.

because we are women, we are forced to be more wary.

Because we are men, we are forced to be more wary. I once was accused of molestation in a hospital clinic. I also follow the guideline for patient safety. The video evidence clearly showed the accusation to be a lie. The clinic door had remained open until the nurse came for the patient examination. The video evidence showed me behind the desk with the patient on the other side 8 feet away.

What happened to the female who made the accusation? Nothing. A few tears and the judge dismissed the case with a warning to seek help and not do it again.

This happens a lot to men.

I once dated a woman for a year.

When the relationship ended she stalked me for 12 years physically and on the internet, involved the FBI and police in two countries. Again, video evidence, police evidence and location evidence provided the proof required to bring legal action against her.

What happened to the female who made my life a living hell? Nothing. A few tears and the judge dismissed the case with a warning to seek help and not do it again.

In one of your posts here, you accused all solo male sailors of being quite bad people and refuse to accept responsibility for correcting that statement, and have dismissed it in the light of radical feminism.

This post of yours is a victory post and in it you have accused men of deliberately destroying your boat so that they don’t work and to take care of you so women don’t run away.

It is commentary like this that destroys trust and relationships. You talk of male pride, male dominance, male prejudice as being the problem. You don’t talk of the loving relationships. The wonderful companionship of commitment and respect between couples. Your view is singularly tainted by whatever.

The world is what it is and horrible things happen. I and other men spend our lives not adding to the problems by being respectful and trying to do the right thing. How will things change unless we are acknowledged for our efforts and not lumped in with the bad guys?

For those of us that can, we need to seek out the good things despite what goes on.

You have a point to make and it is not one of love and harmony. It is one of separating the sexes and doing things only on your terms. You have made yourself the centre of any relationship or idea or desire. Its what you want that matters and no concession to maleness anywhere.

Even to receive affection from a male or male love, has to be within your definition.

You talk of open minds.

I have always worked with women. Doctors, nurses and friends.

My circle of friends here do not display chauvinism apart from insisting on opening doors and holding the seats for women to sit down at the table.

There is respect and courtesy towards the feminine in a lovely way.

In my immediate circle, the wife of one colleague is a race car driver. Another is a bank manager, another is the mother of 4 young children who also buys and sells property.

In Spain, there is a greeting of a kiss on each cheek when meeting women, close male friends give the kiss too. While the country has a reputation for machismo, and Im sure it is so in areas, the majority of people I know and associate with have total respect for the sexes.

I too am a boater. I expect boaters to have the same problems as none boaters being men and women.

I don’t know a single child molester who lives on a boat. Records are not kept. I am sure there are some. I am sure there are some crooks, I am sure there are players. You seem to know several child molesters on boats. You seem to know several criminals. Why?

Just as hospitals see a lot of sick people, it will be the central place for them. Where are you that they are magnetised to be around?

I am also sure that your accusation and assertion that all male solo sailors are one of the above is incorrect. Totally. What has happened in your life that you have such a blind hatred of men? You hate everything about them. You talk about men as your enemy without looking up and seeing that a lot of men are actually genuinely interested in helping without a sexual favour or to make themselves look good.

What about recognising that women too can be bad. What about apologising to me for the behaviour of two women who let women down and caused a lot of stress and trauma for a long time in my life and could have cost me my profession and sanity? You dont because I am a man and probably deserve it.

What about apologising to me for the accusation of being a player, a child molester, a criminal and all round bad guy just because I choose to sail solo and are male.

What will happen to you for these accusations?

Nothing. You know why? Because you are a woman. You can cry and claim mistreatment from men as the ails of the world, and get away with it. You use your femininity to protect yourself whilst stripping men of their dignity with lies.

Im not a child molester. Im not a criminal. Im not a player. I just prefer to sail boats alone and have no agenda for having to do so, I just like it. Yet you have presented me and all solo male sailors with this tag.

Be a woman zee. Apologise to me and retract that statement. I don’t tarnish all women because of the actions of two and I think that you should do the same.

I really don’t care about how anyone lives their lives male or female. I do care that my reputation and those of male solo sailors are affected when we have done nothing.

I wonder if you can apologise or if your pride will get in the way. I hope you can. Men and women can never get on whilst lies stand in the middle
weavis is offline   Reply
Old 15-02-2018, 08:59   #198

Boat: 1991 Californian 52CPMY

To answer Exile,

I do not have "White Guilt", I just recognize that some people have a harder set of requirements because of sex or race. And my neighbor did contact an attorney. The LA County Sheriffs paid a pretty good price for the harassment, but that doesn't make it go away. Be happy you are not black or female, because you don't know the issues that they deal with daily (nor do I).

Cheers, Bill
montenido is offline   Reply
Old 15-02-2018, 09:05   #199

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by montenido View Post
To answer Exile,

I do not have "White Guilt", I just recognize that some people have a harder set of requirements because of sex or race. And my neighbor did contact an attorney. The LA County Sheriffs paid a pretty good price for the harassment, but that doesn't make it go away. Be happy you are not black or female, because you don't know the issues that they deal with daily (nor do I).

Cheers, Bill
My closest male friend in Florida is Black. He laughs about being stopped by police on a DWB charge. Driving whilst black. He suffers harassment that is just not fair.

He also is a man who deals with people on an individual basis, black or white. He refused to let his colour or attitudes to it affect his outlook.

"Its hard man" he will say, "Prejudice is the enemy and will destroy people who want to be nice"

A strong man.
Old 15-02-2018, 09:17   #200

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

To each victim its a singular personal issue.. to a non victim its a world issue.
Ever wondered why I only sail with female crew.. its not for easy sex.. or any sex come to that.. I find it hard to trust and feel comfortable with men in general.
Yes I can laugh and joke with the best of them but after a couple of hours need to walk away if its all male company..
I have never been accused of harassment or molestation by a woman and.. I personally do not take any offense to Zee's posts..
I accept them for what they are meant to be in my perception.. a generality.
Men have ripped me off for wage's, mechanical work, boat repairs, investments.. one guy even filled my rear axle with saw dust and oil then said he'd replaced the axle and billed me for it.. lasted 6 months.. never had a woman do that.. worst a woman's done to me was a crap haircut.
Oh..!!! In case anyone brings up the dirty divorce.. remember.. its a legal contract.. write in safeguards just like any business deal.. that way there's no tears if you made a bad investment either way.
That's why we have such bad press Weavis..

Old 15-02-2018, 09:25   #201

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
To each victim its a singular personal issue.. to a non victim its a world issue.
Ever wondered why I only sail with female crew.. its not for easy sex.. or any sex come to that.. I find it hard to trust and feel comfortable with men in general.
Yes I can laugh and joke with the best of them but after a couple of hours need to walk away if its all male company..
I have never been accused of harassment or molestation by a woman and.. I personally do not take any offense to Zee's posts..
Men have ripped me off for wage's, mechanical work, boat repairs, investments.. one guy even filled my rear axle with saw dust and oil then said he'd replaced the axle and billed me for it.. lasted 6 months.. never had a woman do that.. worst a woman's done to me was a crap haircut.
Oh..!!! In case anyone brings up the dirty divorce.. remember.. its a legal contract.. write in safeguards just like any business deal.. that way there's no tears if you made a bad investment either way.

In general, not all male solo sailors are child molesters, criminals or players.

It was over the line.

It negates a life time of effort on my part to be fair and diligent in keeping my word by actions and responsibility.

Im not any of the above.

I demand respect for my contribution to making the world a fairer place.

(Well I dont demand anything really...just would like it)

Old 15-02-2018, 09:32   #202

Quote:
you are all gung ho on having wifee learn sailing. then you are pissed when she is better than you are. hahahahaha gotta love it.
yeah, no.
who hurt you?
cyan is offline   Reply
Old 15-02-2018, 10:05   #203

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:

So you think it's ok that someone (Zee in this case) can just spit out statements as fact such as "all solo male sailors are pedophiles"?, if you believe she's entitled to be so blatantly prejudice then you support the prejudice.
And in regards to all the problems you have with men maybe you should look to see what the common denominator is?
daletournier is offline   Reply
Old 15-02-2018, 10:33   #204

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
So you think it's ok that someone (Zee in this case) can just spit out statements as fact such as "all solo male sailors are pedophiles"?, if you believe she's entitled to be so blatantly prejudice then you support the prejudice.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]I don't feel so insecure in myself as to take offense.. however I am secure enough to accept others insecurities for what they are and possible reasons for them.. a person is what he/she is and bucking that will not change them no matter how hard you wail and stamp your feet.. I do not have to be a Muslim to respect the religion but that does not mean I should respect those who malpractice it.
There are few female members in CF compared to men yet time and again posts are made that denigrate them.. yet at the same time men will post about the guy screaming at his wife at the bow and say what an ass he is.
Kinda double standards to me.. and yes on occasion I have been guilty of the same with comments like 'More than a handful's a waste'..
A guy started this thread and within a couple of pages we have men weeping and wailing about how unfair the posts are yet for the 8yrs I've been a member very few women have objected to the macho crap and the few who did have been hounded out off here.
Thankfully Zee is made of tougher stuff.
There's and old saying in the world of infidelity.. "Methinks you protest to much".. or in the Art of War.. The best form of Defence is Attack..!!

And in regards to all the problems you have with men maybe you should look to see what the common denominator is?
Oh there's more than one.. Crudity, Bullying, Crying to Mod's when it don't work, Machismo, Inability to talk about anything except big tits and ass's, Bore me $hitless with their boat problems when I just want to sit quietly and enjoy a beer, Tell me I need more sail up and how fast their boat can sail while I'm trying to keep her from breaking up and complete the journey.. what the weathers doing on their latest crap app then crying when the calm becomes a gale..
Getting bored yet..???

Oh.. and the biggie.. most men think they are authority figures and examples to be respected.. I learnt when 9yrs old.. authority has a stick up its a$$ and needs kicking in the nutz once in a while to wiggle that stick.

Old 15-02-2018, 10:44   #205

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Oh there's more than one.. Crudity, Bullying, Crying to Mod's when it don't work, Machismo, Inability to talk about anything except big tits and ass's, Bore me $hitless with their boat problems when I just want to sit quietly and enjoy a beer, Tell me I need more sail up and how fast their boat can sail while I'm trying to keep her from breaking up and complete the journey.. what the weathers doing on their latest crap app then crying when the calm becomes a gale..
Getting bored yet..???
So you do agree? or you don't agree? Prejudice is ok? or it isn't? pretty straight forward questions.
No one's bullying or crying to mods, so stop with the useless noise. What's happened is someone with extreme prejudice has been called out.
You support that behavior or you don't Phil, real simple.
daletournier is offline   Reply
Old 15-02-2018, 10:52   #206
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag

weavis, i NEVER accused anyone of ill. i said it is there, not that you or anyoine in this posting is one of THEM.
you seehow sentences are cut apart and only the part ye wanna see is seen. wow.
you presented the FACT that medical caregivers are morr efrequentlyu hunted stalked harrqssed an d shot to death for having treated the families of waknuts.l ok all humans are waknutjobs after m ommy dies in our care. oh well we grow another pair and continu e on. as it is in life.
\not everyone is good. to believe all are good is a lie. to think i accused anyone of being on that list, is also wrongful thinking. please re read. never once do i accuse anyone of anything. i love how folks read the issues in life. half the message is missed and the other half is INTERPRETED from the readers point of view, which is ACCUSATORY IN AND OF ITSELF.
reading is important. seems too many these days forget to read a complete sentence then diss the entire contents when words were not read. ok
so, your paranoia runs deep, guys. have fun with yours and donot pin your insecurities and insensitivities onto me in your projection of your self onto what i speak, as you are not me and i am not you.
so, to those males who think only thing to concern with is stalkers and personality defects, there ARE repair issues we females must deal with and correct after the work has been paid., there are many out HERE in the REAL world, which is not medicine, btw, and loss of boat to a snaky male is more than possible for women taking in wrong crew.
when i bought my first boat, i learned what a stalker is. ohboy. not my favorite. i was never stalked by someone from work or involving work, no. only by a jakass across the dock from me i had no interest in becoming involved with.
the methamphetamine dealing female my soozy cat escaped from my locked and secured boat to pee on pillow of and laid out beautiful poops on pillow, also, was no nice person. she was a evil witch who assisted my now thankfully ex stalker to perform his harrassments. lovely. not from medical field, no. was in boating world.
thieving, trying to use my car as a mule for their drug transportation without my knowledge. lovely cretins.
this is what is attracted to marinas waterfronts and anchorages. cheap rent means unsavory characters /.. each and every port has its known terrorists. ignore em as you work all day or night but they are here and everywhere.
so, because my first 7 years in living on board was harrassment filled doesnot make all the boat owners out here same ilk. wake up and read folks.
i worke din county usc emergency before and after the 199-0 shooting death of t he er md..he was shot for allowing the bangers mommy to dead on his watch despite there being nothing could be done. so we get shot.
fortunately i have not encountered the violence of emergency and icu nursing out here in the wild
seems the most violence against anyone male or female is up in good old safer than anywhere hahahahaha us of a.
and the best helper you have on board may just be a pedo. you NEVER know. not until they are in the registry. boating is fun. mebbe some need to try it. if you donot wish to have your boat next to a stalker or pedo, make sure you donot moor, anchor, or dock your boat. itis safe in your back yard
hahahahahahaha facts is facts
in the meantime, enjoy your life. you may have forgotten how much incredible FUN it is.

btw-if you wish to quote me, use my real words. i never said that ALL anyones were anything. i did say there is no such thing as all or none never and always. games people play. all of it, including the intentional misquoting of another--GAMES. BULLYING is only one result of deliberate misinterpretation of another's words.

you notice i am out here cruising and repairing in exotic locations despite the abnormal idiots that inhabit planet earth/. if ye cannot get over it ye aint gonna make it whatever your lifestyle is. nor will you ever find happiness.
also--i amnot nor have i ever been a VICTIM.that mentality is for wimps and insecure folks unable to tolerate living and without the brass balls to truly enjoy life and living. all our growth comes from within. same with happiness.
i pity your spouses.

https://sksolitarybird.org/
zeehag is offline   Reply
Old 15-02-2018, 11:03   #207

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
So you do agree? or you don't agree? Prejudice is ok? or it isn't? pretty straight forward questions.
No one's bullying or crying to mods, so stop with the useless noise. What's happened is someone with extreme prejudice has been called out.
You support that behavior or you don't Phil, real simple.
Here we go again.. selective editing.. but that's fine..
In my time here that has been the common ploy of certain members in CF..
I did not attribute this to you but it was your choice to make that interpretation after getting a multiple response to your question..
The useless noise is yours old boy..
There is extreme prejudice the world over so get over it.. take it however you choose and either block her posts or accept the simple fact that no one is perfect.
We all have to accept and live with prejudices, small and large, so either grow up, or do an ostrich and stick your butt in the air..
See, Hear, Speak nothing.
Would have used the three moneys but then you may have accused me of racial prejudice..

Old 15-02-2018, 11:07   #208

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Zee this is nonsense.

Even in the face of your own writing you accuse males of not understanding or being able to read.

The bottom line is that you are pursuing your own agenda and on that basis you NEVER will offer an apology because you insist that you never wrote what you wrote.

So now once more, we the males are deemed to be paranoid, need to have fun and you are the correct one.

Thank you for showing me that its always the males fault and no commentary on female wrongdoing...

I think we are done here.

Quote:
weavis, i NEVER accused anyone of ill. i said it is there, not that you or anyoine in this posting is one of THEM.
you seehow sentences are cut apart and only the part ye wanna see is seen. wow.
you presented the FACT that medical caregivers are morr efrequentlyu hunted stalked harrqssed an d shot to death for having treated the families of waknuts.l ok all humans are waknutjobs after m ommy dies in our care. oh well we grow another pair and continu e on. as it is in life.
\not everyone is good. to believe all are good is a lie. to think i accused anyone of being on that list, is also wrongful thinking. please re read. never once do i accuse anyone of anything. i love how folks read the issues in life. half the message is missed and the other half is INTERPRETED from the readers point of view, which is ACCUSATORY IN AND OF ITSELF.
reading is important. seems too many these days forget to read a complete sentence then diss the entire contents when words were not read. ok
so, your paranoia runs deep, guys. have fun with yours and donot pin your insecurities and insensitivities onto me in your projection of your self onto what i speak, as you are not me and i am not you.
so, to those males who think only thing to concern with is stalkers and personality defects, there ARE repair issues we females must deal with and correct after the work has been paid., there are many out HERE in the REAL world, which is not medicine, btw, and loss of boat to a snaky male is more than possible for women taking in wrong crew.
when i bought my first boat, i learned what a stalker is. ohboy. not my favorite. i was never stalked by someone from work or involving work, no. only by a jakass across the dock from me i had no interest in becoming involved with.
the methamphetamine dealing female my soozy cat escaped from my locked and secured boat to pee on pillow of and laid out beautiful poops on pillow, also, was no nice person. she was a evil witch who assisted my now thankfully ex stalker to perform his harrassments. lovely. not from medical field, no. was in boating world.
thieving, trying to use my car as a mule for their drug transportation without my knowledge. lovely cretins.
this is what is attracted to marinas waterfronts and anchorages. cheap rent means unsavory characters /.. each and every port has its known terrorists. ignore em as you work all day or night but they are here and everywhere.
so, because my first 7 years in living on board was harrassment filled doesnot make all the boat owners out here same ilk. wake up and read folks.
i worke din county usc emergency before and after the 199-0 shooting death of t he er md..he was shot for allowing the bangers mommy to dead on his watch despite there being nothing could be done. so we get shot.
fortunately i have not encountered the violence of emergency and icu nursing out here in the wild
seems the most violence against anyone male or female is up in good old safer than anywhere hahahahaha us of a.
and the best helper you have on board may just be a pedo. you NEVER know. not until they are in the registry. boating is fun. mebbe some need to try it. if you donot wish to have your boat next to a stalker or pedo, make sure you donot moor, anchor, or dock your boat. itis safe in your back yard
hahahahahahaha facts is facts
in the meantime, enjoy your life. you may have forgotten how much incredible FUN it is.

ps...the only extreme prejudice is within the self of the reader of whatever that individual is INTERPRETING by means of projection of own self into words written in objective fact.

you notice i am out here cruising and repairing in exotic locations despite the abnormal idiots that inhabit planet earth/. if ye cannot get over it ye aint gonna make it whatever your lifestyle is. nor will you ever find happiness.
Old 15-02-2018, 11:07   #209

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
NIce post Phil

Im not discussing world wrongs, just singular issues here.

I am impressed. I received at least double that from men and women on my post.

because we are women, we are forced to be more wary.

Because we are men, we are forced to be more wary. I once was accused of molestation in a hospital clinic. I also follow the guideline for patient safety. The video evidence clearly showed the accusation to be a lie. The clinic door had remained open until the nurse came for the patient examination. The video evidence showed me behind the desk with the patient on the other side 8 feet away.

What happened to the female who made the accusation? Nothing. A few tears and the judge dismissed the case with a warning to seek help and not do it again.

This happens a lot to men.

I once dated a woman for a year.

When the relationship ended she stalked me for 12 years physically and on the internet, involved the FBI and police in two countries. Again, video evidence, police evidence and location evidence provided the proof required to bring legal action against her.

What happened to the female who made my life a living hell? Nothing. A few tears and the judge dismissed the case with a warning to seek help and not do it again.

In one of your posts here, you accused all solo male sailors of being quite bad people and refuse to accept responsibility for correcting that statement, and have dismissed it in the light of radical feminism.

This post of yours is a victory post and in it you have accused men of deliberately destroying your boat so that they donít work and to take care of you so women donít run away.

It is commentary like this that destroys trust and relationships. You talk of male pride, male dominance, male prejudice as being the problem. You donít talk of the loving relationships. The wonderful companionship of commitment and respect between couples. Your view is singularly tainted by whatever.

The world is what it is and horrible things happen. I and other men spend our lives not adding to the problems by being respectful and trying to do the right thing. How will things change unless we are acknowledged for our efforts and not lumped in with the bad guys?

For those of us that can, we need to seek out the good things despite what goes on.

You have a point to make and it is not one of love and harmony. It is one of separating the sexes and doing things only on your terms. You have made yourself the centre of any relationship or idea or desire. Its what you want that matters and no concession to maleness anywhere.

Even to receive affection from a male or male love, has to be within your definition.

You talk of open minds.

I have always worked with women. Doctors, nurses and friends.

My circle of friends here do not display chauvinism apart from insisting on opening doors and holding the seats for women to sit down at the table.

There is respect and courtesy towards the feminine in a lovely way.

In my immediate circle, the wife of one colleague is a race car driver. Another is a bank manager, another is the mother of 4 young children who also buys and sells property.

In Spain, there is a greeting of a kiss on each cheek when meeting women, close male friends give the kiss too. While the country has a reputation for machismo, and Im sure it is so in areas, the majority of people I know and associate with have total respect for the sexes.

I too am a boater. I expect boaters to have the same problems as none boaters being men and women.

I donít know a single child molester who lives on a boat. Records are not kept. I am sure there are some. I am sure there are some crooks, I am sure there are players. You seem to know several child molesters on boats. You seem to know several criminals. Why?

Just as hospitals see a lot of sick people, it will be the central place for them. Where are you that they are magnetised to be around?

I am also sure that your accusation and assertion that all male solo sailors are one of the above is incorrect. Totally. What has happened in your life that you have such a blind hatred of men? You hate everything about them. You talk about men as your enemy without looking up and seeing that a lot of men are actually genuinely interested in helping without a sexual favour or to make themselves look good.

What about recognising that women too can be bad. What about apologising to me for the behaviour of two women who let women down and caused a lot of stress and trauma for a long time in my life and could have cost me my profession and sanity? You dont because I am a man and probably deserve it.

What about apologising to me for the accusation of being a player, a child molester, a criminal and all round bad guy just because I choose to sail solo and are male.

What will happen to you for these accusations?

Nothing. You know why? Because you are a woman. You can cry and claim mistreatment from men as the ails of the world, and get away with it. You use your femininity to protect yourself whilst stripping men of their dignity with lies.

Im not a child molester. Im not a criminal. Im not a player. I just prefer to sail boats alone and have no agenda for having to do so, I just like it. Yet you have presented me and all solo male sailors with this tag.

Be a woman zee. Apologise to me and retract that statement. I donít tarnish all women because of the actions of two and I think that you should do the same.

I really donít care about how anyone lives their lives male or female. I do care that my reputation and those of male solo sailors are affected when we have done nothing.

I wonder if you can apologise or if your pride will get in the way. I hope you can. Men and women can never get on whilst lies stand in the middle
Very well written.
chris mac is offline   Reply
Old 15-02-2018, 11:10   #210

Cruisers Forum Supporter

But but... we can drink in Spain or Portugal for 5 hours and have fun...

It helps when it is fun and doesnt revolve around macho and stuff.. I pick my friends carefully...

Actually, now I think about it, Spain is such an open culture that women and kids are around a lot too...
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single