Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2018, 08:56   #2161

Boat: 2008 American Tug 34 #116
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Too true Boatie, but I don't think it is a Euro/American thing but more of a lacking of perspective about the equal value of each individual. STARTING WITH THEMSELVES.
My favourite picture of my partner, who is tiny, is when she decided to squeeze past the alternator and into the steel bilge after she washed it to finish the job, by degreasing under the engine/gear

Contorting to get into every corner, she took pictures of areas I've never seen to confirm no rust, I heard them laughing as her brother helped her out to see her emerge with grease all over her face
What a surprise!
I was blown away by her and would unplug the head for her any day .

She does clean up very well tho!Attachment 163442
Does she have a sister??? You are one lucky dude.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:59   #2162

Quote:
Too true Boatie, but I don't think it is a Euro/American thing but more of a lacking of perspective about the equal value of each individual. STARTING WITH THEMSELVES.
My favourite picture of my partner, who is tiny, is when she decided to squeeze past the alternator and into the steel bilge after she washed it to finish the job, by degreasing under the engine/gear

Contorting to get into every corner, she took pictures of areas I've never seen to confirm no rust, I heard them laughing as her brother helped her out to see her emerge with grease all over her face
What a surprise!
I was blown away by her and would unplug the head for her any day .

She does clean up very well tho!Attachment 163442
You are one lucky dude. She is beautiful. Does she have a sister???
Old 04-02-2018, 08:59   #2163

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeofreilly57 View Post
Dating sites? Really? Most of those women are looking for a sugar daddy to sucker. The perfect man, who doesn't exist, no thanks.

Seems your looking in the wrong direction, the women your meeting don't have what it takes to live aboard either on a boat or a land based traveling vehicle.

Maybe you should be more honest on your dating write up, be up front about what your looking for, it'll save you a lot of wasted time and effort. If you want a young pretty princess (high maintenance) then sell the boat and buy a condo, with a large flat screen TV where you can watch shows about boats.

Well let me just say that this is not my first rodeo. What you say about the dating sites is true, but that does not mean that people on those sites are not worth knowing. Years ago when I was single again, some liveaboard neighbors on large powerboats arranged for a blind date for me with a woman at a nearby marina on her own sailboat. Our first date turned out to be a flop in that instead of a kiss or a hug all I received was a handshake. Debra had sailed the Pacific with her boyfriend at the time and had many great stories that I subsequently heard. We were never romantically involved but became best to friends. She had held the swimming record for San Francisco Bay and really enjoyed the cruising life. I took her out on my sailboat many times during the several years we knew each other and we would help each other write our profiles on the dating sites. She would meet some of the women that I dated and just laugh at me for thinking that they were capable of being away from the beauty parlor for any period of time much less on a small sailboat. She was right I knew, but I also knew there was someone out there just right for me. It took some time after Debra left the Chesapeake in her boat for Charleston for me to find a high maintenance woman on a dating site who just looked the part, but was full of life and soul. We were together for 11 years before she passed and we explored life together and I wish that Debra had a chance to know her. So I submit that it's difficult finding that gem, but I did it once. People go through their whole life without finding that type of love and I thank God that I was able find it once upon a time on the Chesapeake.
lancelot9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:41   #2164

Hmmm, talk to them for a few times and they say, 'Send me the money and I will come to you.'
I respond, 'No I will come to you and we can travel back together."
That's the last I hear from them. LOL
I was born at night but not last night.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:20   #2165

Quote:
Now we are getting down to the Nitty Gritty. [emoji4]
What are the ladies opinions on bushy beards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa36 View Post
They are giving a covert message and it's not to women.
cyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:54   #2166

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot9898 View Post
Well let me just say that this is not my first rodeo. What you say about the dating sites is true, but that does not mean that people on those sites are not worth knowing. Years ago when I was single again, some liveaboard neighbors on large powerboats arranged for a blind date for me with a woman at a nearby marina on her own sailboat. Our first date turned out to be a flop in that instead of a kiss or a hug all I received was a handshake. Debra had sailed the Pacific with her boyfriend at the time and had many great stories that I subsequently heard. We were never romantically involved but became best to friends. She had held the swimming record for San Francisco Bay and really enjoyed the cruising life. I took her out on my sailboat many times during the several years we knew each other and we would help each other write our profiles on the dating sites. She would meet some of the women that I dated and just laugh at me for thinking that they were capable of being away from the beauty parlor for any period of time much less on a small sailboat. She was right I knew, but I also knew there was someone out there just right for me. It took some time after Debra left the Chesapeake in her boat for Charleston for me to find a high maintenance woman on a dating site who just looked the part, but was full of life and soul. We were together for 11 years before she passed and we explored life together and I wish that Debra had a chance to know her. So I submit that it's difficult finding that gem, but I did it once. People go through their whole life without finding that type of love and I thank God that I was able find it once upon a time on the Chesapeake.
You previously found true love from a dating site? Have you tried any of the dating sites for sailors?
Old 04-02-2018, 12:21   #2167

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat View Post
Yup, "chicks dig it when you pretend to care."
- Michael J Fox as Alex Keaton.
Sometimes true it appears.

The girl with the nail in her head is an excellent example. She is sitting there with a guy describing symptoms that are obviously the result of the nail.

Instead of talking about and acting on the ridiculously simple cure she angrily demands empathy and understanding about how she endures the symptoms.

There are times when empathy and understanding are the only rational responses to circumstances beyond control but this clearly isn’t one of those times.

To believe that as some situations are not fixable so therefore all situations are not fixable is, well, not very flattering to the believer.

After assessing this particular situation, a realistic response from the guy might be that he is truly sorry that she chooses to live with rather than improve her situation. Good luck and Goodbye.

As a guy might say, good luck with that project.
sailpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 15:02   #2168

Quote:
You previously found true love from a dating site? Have you tried any of the dating sites for sailors?
I tell you it was not easy, but the stories I could tell. I do remember looking at one site for sailing, but decided that the fitness singles site had more women so I was on there for a short period. I may get banded from this site for saying this......but its not about sailing. She does not have to love the sailing and I could be content exploring life through other means be it road trips in my jeep, hiking mountains, playing jazz, going to museums, riding bikes on the blueridge parkway, etc.etc Sailing is just one means of experiencing life and to get a full value of an experience....it must be shared.
lancelot9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 15:15   #2169
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Tell that to the 'Me Too' people like Uma Thurman crying 25yrs after the event.. maybe a lot of 'Harvey' things would not have happened in the following years..
The reality is they went along because they knew the next audition might go along with it and they'd maybe not get the part.
Live with your choices.. don't cry and bleed over everyone Facebook style.
It seems you're missing a very critical aspect there.

If a more famous, wealthy and/or powerful person uses those advantages to pressure or force an **unwilling** subordinate into sex,

that is very different from an attractive person **seeking** to gain benefits in exchange for sex.

There is nothing immoral about the latter. The former should be punished far more harshly than simply losing income.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 15:25   #2170

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot9898 View Post
I tell you it was not easy, but the stories I could tell. I do remember looking at one site for sailing, but decided that the fitness singles site had more women so I was on there for a short period. I may get banded from this site for saying this......but its not about sailing. She does not have to love the sailing and I could be content exploring life through other means be it road trips in my jeep, hiking mountains, playing jazz, going to museums, riding bikes on the blueridge parkway, etc.etc Sailing is just one means of experiencing life and to get a full value of an experience....it must be shared.
I agree. It's better to find the right fun person (who also wants to cruise around the world j/k).
Which fitness singles site did you find what you were looking for on?
I am sorry if you lost your loved one. You have a high chance of finding what you set your mind to since consciousness is the original radio transceiver. The dio of RA.
I wish you the best in finding again that magical person.
Old 04-02-2018, 15:50   #2171
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
It seems you're missing a very critical aspect there.

If a more famous, wealthy and/or powerful person uses those advantages to pressure or force an **unwilling** subordinate into sex,

that is very different from an attractive person **seeking** to gain benefits in exchange for sex.

There is nothing immoral about the latter. The former should be punished far more harshly than simply losing income.
Not really.. The innocent till proven guilty should apply.
Theres been three men in the UK who were tried for rape.. then had to be released because the prosecution witheld vital evidence proving their innocence.. text messages etc that proved the women were lying..
As a result rape cases for the last however many years are being reinvestigated.
This is in danger of getting stupid.. a Minster of Parliament was recently forced to resign for sexual assault while having a conversation with a journalist..
he leaned over and touched her knee.
Reminds me of 20 odd years ago when suddenly every man was a potential paedeophile.. it was that bad that one day while in the restroom at a service stop a young lad came charging in desperate for a pee and could not get his zip to work and asked for help..
I had to send him back out to look for his dad asI dared not help him.. he came back with his dad and in tears because he'd wet himself.
A couple of years earlier I would have said.. sure kid..
there you go.
Thankfully I now live in a country where one can kiss a woman twice to say hello without being considered a rapist.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 16:10   #2172
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
They are giving a covert message and it's not to women.
Sorry Mellisa, I just don't understand ?
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 16:18   #2173
CF Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post

Reminds me of 20 odd years ago when suddenly every man was a potential paedeophile.. it was that bad that one day while in the restroom at a service stop a young lad came charging in desperate for a pee and could not get his zip to work and asked for help..
I had to send him back out to look for his dad asI dared not help him.. he came back with his dad and in tears because he'd wet himself.
A couple of years earlier I would have said.. sure kid..
there you go.
That scenario just hit the nail "on" the head. [emoji106]

If you try to regulate intentions as opposed to actions, we all loose a bit of our humanity
Old 04-02-2018, 16:36   #2174

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Quote:
We are both lucky Boatie.

You know I'm just relaxing tonight after a busy week in Singapore watching the Grammy awards and a catchy song called Despacito.
Not a lot of guys are secure enough in their manhood to admit to watching Justin Beiber. Good on ya!

goat
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 17:48   #2175
CF Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat View Post
Not a lot of guys are secure enough in their manhood to admit to watching Justin Beiber. Good on ya!

goat
Lol...but I didn't even know he was performing.... Too busy watching the girl dancers[emoji4]

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single