Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2018, 08:03   #1516
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinschimming View Post
I am a 42 year old single woman thinking about buying a boat to live on and renting out my house.

My opinion is if a guy prides himself on being able to attract very very hot way younger girls maybe he needs his ego stroked and scared he can't stack up to the wants and needs of a more seasoned woman ... the term douche bag comes to mind and it wouldn't matter if you have water or land under foot
Welcome to the forums.
Remember, even douche bags need love...

weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:07   #1517

A broke down boat is still way better than a box truck
Boat looks to us like a lifestyle choice a box truck looks homeless
Just saying...

I need to find a guy who wants to show me the ropes I want to buy my own and live aboard but yikes so much I need to learn before I invest
Who wants a 42 woman who is clueless to crash their boat for a month or two lol yes that's prob a bit crazy maybe even too crazy for me but I want to try it before I buy it (it being the lifestyle)
No I don't mean for free and no I don't mean for sex
It's just a thought
Robinschimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:12   #1518
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser

Quote:
A broke down boat is still way better than a box truck
Boat looks to us like a lifestyle choice a box truck looks homeless
Just saying...

I need to find a guy who wants to show me the ropes I want to buy my own and live aboard but yikes so much I need to learn before I invest
Who wants a 42 woman who is clueless to crash their boat for a month or two lol yes that's prob a bit crazy maybe even too crazy for me but I want to try it before I buy it (it being the lifestyle)
No I don't mean for free and no I don't mean for sex
It's just a thought
What is your general location ?
Old 08-01-2018, 09:30   #1519
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
I am a 42 year old single woman thinking about buying a boat to live on and renting out my house. Soo much to learn it's rather scary... can I really do it physically..financially??? Will I be in complete solitude or meet some cool like minded people ...
I looked up single men living on boats and it brought me to this ... so would I be a unicorn or am I too old to be counted lol 😂
Certainly not having to throw myself at a man bc he has a boat to hang out on nope not the "young nimble hottie" I'll have my own boat ...that is when I buy one lol
My opinion is if a guy prides himself on being able to attract very very hot way younger girls maybe he needs his ego stroked and scared he can't stack up to the wants and needs of a more seasoned woman ... the term douche bag comes to mind and it wouldn't matter if you have water or land under foot
Hey.. at 42 you are a way younger girl.. as to the very very hot.. I'll reserve judgement till you post a profile photo..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:36   #1520

Love???? Really? Hmm I'll have to check to ole websters dictionary
Just kidding yes everyone does
My take on it that a girl my age has no hope of that anymore I did the wife homemaker career and mommy thing and it got me nothing but used and traded in lol
Men go through MANopause around fifty and they want as young as they can get while they still can so no man between 48 - 60 wants their own age and I don't want someone 20 years older than me (btw she won't want you guys in ten years either) and my own age ..well they will haven't gone through manopause so only a matter of time before I would go through the trade in again ... no thank you sucked enough the first time lol
Now I'm in it for me take me as I am I'm just going to do what makes me happy and Water and boats are my happy place
Old 08-01-2018, 09:36   #1521

Boat: Freedom 38

You would not be the only unicorn. This is the reason I did not repaint the hull sides when I bought my boat - gives me one less thing to worry over when learning to dock a 38-footer. Lots of guys buy a boat without any knowledge. Why this is a no-go proposition for a woman is beyond me.... (Well, I do have my theories)

Welcome to CF, Robin!
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:39   #1522

Btw I did post a pic just a simple girl not tragically fat and ugly but also far from a nimble hottie lol
Old 08-01-2018, 09:47   #1523

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
What is your general location ?
Well I'm currently right in the middle of the country (is) waiting to get my youngest off to college in the fall then I'm renting out the house and I'm off to ...somewhere happy I hope 😁
Old 08-01-2018, 09:49   #1524
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser

Quote:
Well I'm currently right in the middle of the country (is) waiting to get my youngest off to college in the fall then I'm renting out the house and I'm off to ...somewhere happy I hope 😁
Much easier if were on the coast to get to know the cruising community. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:52   #1525
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Btw I did post a pic just a simple girl not tragically fat and ugly but also far from a nimble hottie lol
Took a quick gander..
Hot enuf for many an old salt here I'd imagine..

DON'T PANIC.!!!!!!

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:28   #1526

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Quote:
Love???? Really? Hmm I'll have to check to ole websters dictionary
Just kidding yes everyone does
My take on it that a girl my age has no hope of that anymore I did the wife homemaker career and mommy thing and it got me nothing but used and traded in lol
Men go through MANopause around fifty and they want as young as they can get while they still can so no man between 48 - 60 wants their own age and I don't want someone 20 years older than me (btw she won't want you guys in ten years either) and my own age ..well they will haven't gone through manopause so only a matter of time before I would go through the trade in again ... no thank you sucked enough the first time lol
Now I'm in it for me take me as I am I'm just going to do what makes me happy and Water and boats are my happy place
If I may give a little advice; don't start off trying to fail. Not all men can be grouped in the dirty ole man role. I for one, would not be interested in a woman 20 years younger than I am even if she threw herself at me. I'm sure the majority of seasoned men on this site would concur. There's just too much drama, not enough in common etc to be worth the ego stroke of a fawning younger woman.

You've obviously been treated badly before, most people on this site are on their second (at least) go around, but if you go out into the world with prejudices such as; I'm too old to be attractive, *all men are a55holes*, etc, that's exactly what you will find.

Welcome to cruisers forum. Have fun with the process of moving to sea bound life. Relax and enjoy the transition. It is something you can do alone if you have to.

goat

*Okay, this isn't really wrong. My (working) theory is; all men are a55holes, all women are bitches, there are just people of varying degrees and you try to find one that doesn't have too much of that trait to live with.
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:47   #1527
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Oprah for President, ideally as a Republican, running against Tammy Duckworth on the D side.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:18   #1528

Boat: Looking for my next boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Hey.. at 42 you are a way younger girl.. as to the very very hot.. I'll reserve judgement till you post a profile photo..
...uh...just post a profile pic of your boat...and if you really want to, show us your engine compartment...thats "hot". I'll show you mine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Compromise 001.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	421.1 KB
ID:	161817  
hamburking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:27   #1529

Boat: Looking for my next boat!

Quote:
I am a 42 year old single woman thinking about buying a boat to live on and renting out my house. Soo much to learn it's rather scary... can I really do it physically..financially??? Will I be in complete solitude or meet some cool like minded people ...
I looked up single men living on boats and it brought me to this ... so would I be a unicorn or am I too old to be counted lol 😂
Certainly not having to throw myself at a man bc he has a boat to hang out on nope not the "young nimble hottie" I'll have my own boat ...that is when I buy one lol
Oh baby...its love at first post!

But I gotta know...2 hulls or 1? Long keel or fin? Diesel or gas?

FWIW, I like long sails in the rain, sunsets, and reefing early. My dislikes are running the engine, big waves, and cats (both kinds).
hamburking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:42   #1530

Boat: 2008 American Tug 34 #116

Quote:
Robin, if you don't mind going the trawler route instead of sail, applications and pencils are on the table at the back of the room.

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single