Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2017, 01:50   #1306

Boat: no boat any more
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

...wow gals & guys! the coexistence of the sexes sure has become difficult in the US of A...
Old 06-12-2017, 05:04   #1307
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Not long ago we were allowing smokers to poison the air in public places too and kids to bounce around in cars.

Bit farther back stringing up black men for failing to lower their eyes or give way in the street.

Yes progress is a slow process. But this one is not difficult.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:44   #1308
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post

Not to worry John, we are very patient with you. [emoji1]
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:54   #1309

Boat: Bristol 47.7

Quote:
Not long ago we were allowing smokers to poison the air in public places too and kids to bounce around in cars.

Breathing cigarette smoke seems healthier than breathing the rarified air at the lofty heights you apparently see yourself occupying. But maybe that's what we get from a generation of young adults who as kids were denied the reckless joys of riding in the back of a pickup truck.

Bit farther back stringing up black men for failing to lower their eyes or give way in the street.

Black men who were only 1-2 generations away from the election of the first Black president to lead a predominantly white western nation . . . . twice elected that is. And the appointment of a Black justice of the US Supreme Court who grew up in the rural south in a household that still spoke Gullah, a creole slave language derived from varieties of English and languages from West & Central Africa. And then there were two Black US Secy's of State, the second a woman who grew up in poverty in the Jim Crow south. The first Black US Atty. General, corporate CEO's, brain surgeons, members of Congress, the list goes on.

We have a ways to go for sure, but progress may only be slow to those who don't understand where we've come from, along with its timeline & complexity, and therefore see the world in overly simplistic terms.
Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 16:15   #1310

Well y'all have finally talked me out of ever having someone crew on my vessel.
Whenever that may be.

Just not worth it.
Nicor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:25   #1311
cruiser

Student writes catcalls on NY pavements http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...ts-in-new-york
Old 07-12-2017, 15:01   #1312

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

One man's catcall is another man's publicity stunt. This child's work does not seem generally consciousness raising to this witness.

However, thanks for posting it, johnct. It is mildly shocking to me that people would actually call out these things, and it does strike me as a form of verbal assault.

Ann--with the moderator hat in the closet
Old 07-12-2017, 15:21   #1313
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Ann......
Luckily, here in the Philippines, the men really know how to apologize to women.

https://youtu.be/F2kUa7ZRDz8
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 12:47   #1314

Boat: OEM, proportional

Quote:

Smoking a Mega-Churchillian Cuban ("Che!") publically and bouncing a long pig vegan papoose off the dashboard is the perfect accompaniment to running my hemp-clad chauferette driven Tesla over a crowd of cismale trumpish caucasian bellhops on the way to a gulag choir rendition of the Internationale.

But seeing as how this is a capitalistic ad-reliant forum for affluent ex-apparatchiki in electronically enhanced GRP floating loungerooms with abundant potable-water-flushed conveniences, only the insane would commit the fatal thoughtcrime of asking you what in hell your political trolling has to do with sailing, boats, or unattached MEN hunting a precious poor defenceless in this merciless world female to call one's very sole own and protect and support and cherish and adore and defend to one's last corpuscule and romance and wildly fornicate with and abjectly fawn before and astonishingly bewonder in all her God-given magnificence? I flounce my flatulent beard in your general direction....and suitably glad you should be for such a sarcastic condescension, you repulsive reactionary effluence of a landlocked kulak, you. And that's all I've (hopefully) got to say about that....
Old 15-12-2017, 13:13   #1315
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
It is mildly shocking to me that people would actually call out these things
That is a reflection of enormous privilege, for which we all should be grateful.

And that's just being female, even if white, straight, CIS-gendered, able-bodied, neurotypical and relatively wealthy.

Imagine walking in the shoes of the other persecuted categories, or those who are intersectional.
Old 15-12-2017, 13:56   #1316

.......since 'time immemorial' the richest men obtained (easily) the prettiest young women.........
geoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 13:58   #1317

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah719 View Post
Smoking a Mega-Churchillian Cuban ("Che!") publically and bouncing a long pig vegan papoose off the dashboard is the perfect accompaniment to running my hemp-clad chauferette driven Tesla over a crowd of cismale trumpish caucasian bellhops on the way to a gulag choir rendition of the Internationale.

But seeing as how this is a capitalistic ad-reliant forum for affluent ex-apparatchiki in electronically enhanced GRP floating loungerooms with abundant potable-water-flushed conveniences, only the insane would commit the fatal thoughtcrime of asking you what in hell your political trolling has to do with sailing, boats, or unattached MEN hunting a precious poor defenceless in this merciless world female to call one's very sole own and protect and support and cherish and adore and defend to one's last corpuscule and romance and wildly fornicate with and abjectly fawn before and astonishingly bewonder in all her God-given magnificence? I flounce my flatulent beard in your general direction....and suitably glad you should be for such a sarcastic condescension, you repulsive reactionary effluence of a landlocked kulak, you. And that's all I've (hopefully) got to say about that....
right! hopefully
Old 15-12-2017, 13:59   #1318

Quote:
That is a reflection of enormous privilege, for which we all should be grateful.

And that's just being female, even if white, straight, CIS-gendered, able-bodied, neurotypical and relatively wealthy.

Imagine walking in the shoes of the other persecuted categories, or those who are intersectional.
wtf is intersectional?
Old 15-12-2017, 14:03   #1319

Quote:

'you doth protest too much' you arch type liberal you
Old 15-12-2017, 14:08   #1320
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoleo View Post
wtf is intersectional?
https://www.ted.com/talks/kimberle_c...nality/up-next

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single